Simple but tasty on green

jono68

Hi all,
I'm a busy working Mum and I could really do with some quick, tasty recipe ideas for green days.
This is my 3rd attempt at SW and I do not want to fall into the same old trap of eating the same meals day after day then getting bored after a couple of weeks.
All advice will be gratefully received
Thanks

I'm a green girl all the way and my staples are

Quorn chilli and rice
Tomatoey pasta bakes (hexa cheese on top!)
Quorn spaghetti bolognaise
Pasta with Philli sauce (cherry toms, peppers and onions frylighted and then stirred through is delicious! - you might need to let the Philli out with some water because it can get a bit claggy) (this also works with sautéed leeks and peas)
Egg, sw chips and beans/spaghetti hoops is really good for comfort food!
Omelette and chips is another tasty and quick one (the chips do take a bit of messing around but then you can just leave them to it in the oven)

Hope that was some help? Good luck!!

Hi Thanks for the ideas, I already have a couple of those and really enjoy them. I haven't tried anything with philli though and your recipe sounds great will definitely be giving that one a go x

Different SW Quiches?

I made today, a Spinach, Red pepper & sweet potato tortilla- torillas are good, very filling and such a variety. :)

Also, Sweet potato chips! ;)

Will try that thanks

Is a tortilla like a fritatta?

The Lentil and mushroom loaf is wonderful and easy.

Yep. :)

Is a tortilla like a fritatta?

The Lentil and mushroom loaf is wonderful and easy.

That sounds nice, how would I make it?

I find ways to adapt alot of normal recipes and just substitute the meat for Qourn. So I have things like ......
Sweet & Sour (Qourn chicken pieces)
Dhansak (qourn chicken pieces)
Bolognese Bake
Chilli
cottage pie
stuffed peppers (with chilli rice)
mac & cheese
spagetti with feta cheese and tom sauce
Rissotos
mushroom stir frys

just go through some of the magazines and see what you can adapt :D

I will, thanks