1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Simple Syn free tomato sauce

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by Tia1976, 18 January 2010 Social URL.

1. Tia1976

Tia1976 Full Member

Wanted to share with you my syn free tomato sauce recipe. Perfect on pasta, as a base for casserole, in the slow cooker with meat.

In a small saucepan, empty the contents of a tin of peeled plum tomatoes. Use a potato masher to squash the tomatoes, until it resembles mashed pulp. Peel a clove of garlic and throw on whole. Add salt and pepper. Leave on a low heat until it simmers gently for approx 30 mins so it reduces down. Add a vegetable stock cube and stir until disolved. Remove the clove of garlic.
    Allow to cool then empty into an old jam jar.

Keep refrigerated for approx 5 days. You can freeze it.

You can add other herbs as you wish, I sometimes add chili to give it a kick.

Delicious!!! and only one pan and a potato masher to clean!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Wendyuk

Wendyuk Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Yum! Thanks for sharing this is now saved in my SW recipes always looking for a good pasta base. Might try it with a smidgen of sweetner in it too :)
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.