mince
stock
Bisto (optional)
cooked mashed potato
Extra:
Curry powder
Medium tin baked beans
grated LF cheddar

Cook 1 lrg or 2 small chopped onions in your healthy oil or spray for a few mins, add curry powder to taste, cook few more mins and add your mince and cook until brown. Add some stock and simmer for 10-15 mins. Not too much stock as you will be adding a tin of beans to the mix and you don't want it too runny. Add a little Bisto mixed with cold water to thicken if too thin after you have added the beans. Pour into your casserole dish, top with mashed potato and however much grated cheese you wish to allow points for. Bake in oven 180ish for about 20 mins or until nice and golden brown. A nice change from plain cottage pie :eat:

P.S I make this with vegetarian soya mince and it turns out fine!

Chicken and bacon stew/casserole (not quite sure what difference is)

Serves 4

4 Chicken breasts cut into chunks
8 Bacon (medallions) cut into strips
Chopped carrots
Chopped celery
Chopped onion
300ml chicken stock-1pp (but oxo cube is free)
125ml White wine- 3pp
Bouquet garni
Seasoning

Use spray oil to fry the chicken and bacon for about 5 mins until the chicken is slightly golden. Add to slow cooker with celery, carrots and onions. Add the stock and wine and the bouquet garni.
Cook on low for 6 hours.

I had mine with a ww petit pain.
On SF this would be 1pp on pro points a serving for 1 person should be 7pp depending on how much meat you put in.

Chicken and bacon pasta

Tub of Philadelphia light 7pp whole tub
Onion
Garlic
One chicken stock cube
Bacon medallions
Chicken breast
Pasta - wholemeal

Cook pasta

Dice and cook meat

Put soft cheese and sprinkled stock cube into a jug. Add boiling water. Heat on hob.

Mix everything.

Untested but trying tomorrow!

Chilli recipes - More a tip than a recipe - if you are struggling to get Extra lean mince where you live as I do - the butchers are never open when I can go, and my supermarket doesn't stock it, try making chilli con carne using diced lean pork or steak. Cut the meat up into very small cubes (I use scissors), brown in frylight and use as you would the mince. I love the texture when I do my chilli this way, as do the rest of the family

Hi ladies, hope you dont mind me gate crashing, Im thinking about joining you after my son is born so was just having a nosy and I saw that someone mentioned a free recipe for egg Custard. Well I have one in my Slimming World file, and im not 100% sure but I also think its free for SF.

5oz vlf fomage frais
2 eggs beaten
a few drops of vanilla essence
grated nutmeg to taste
2 tbls low calorie sweetener
mix all together and put into ramekin dishes sprayed with spray light
Bake in ban marie for 20/25 mins on gas mark 4 (sorry dont know for electric)

ah good luck with your baby. :)
That sounds yum. :)

Thank you & your welcolme.. it realy is yummy

is the fromage frais free

Yep. Very low fat plain fromais frais is free on SF. :)

Hi ladies, i really hope you dont mind me jumping in on this thread, i went back to weight-watchers last week back there in the morning for my weigh in, i havnt been since end of Nov and was wondering can i still ask for info on this simply filling plan, i enjoy the pro-points but your recipes are lovely and would love to try them, thank you in advance for any replies.

Nomes said:
Meatloaf

Extra lean mince
Onion
Seasoning
Egg
Dash of soy sauce

Chop onion and mix all ingredients in a bowl.

Spray meatloaf tin with frylight and put in mixture.

Bake at 200o for an hour (maybe a bit more)

How many would this serve roughly?

Simply filling

Correct me if im wrong but i think this recipie Will only be 1pp for the full lot and its huge ! Remember to stop when satisfied

Im thinking its the baking powder that is 1 pp ?
View attachment 20836

Apple and cinnamon cake
4 egg whites
4 yolks
1teaspoon of baking powder
1teaspoon of vanilla essence
Low fat fromage frais or quark
Ground cinnamon
Sweetner (add as much or less as you like )
Grease proof paper and a baking tray

Separate the egg whites and whisk into stiff peaks in a clean bowl (the slightest bit of grease Will effect the whites ) . In another bowl mix the egg yolks baking powder vanilla essence and Sweetner . Mix in half of the stiff egg white mixture into the bowl with the yolks etc in it . Next carefully mix in the remainder of the egg whites . Spead the mixture onto the greaseproof paper ( line your baking tray with it ) and pop in the oven at gas mark 4 until a slightly browned .
Meanwhile chop up 2 apples into tiny pieces and add cinnamon to taste . You can now add the fromage frais / quark to the apples and mix it all up or you can layer it seperatly . Take the cake out of the oven and gently separate it from the greaseproof paper with a knife and turn it over . Now you can add your mixture on top and roll it up .
I normally layer my apple and cinnamon mixture then add the fromage frais on top . Using quark gives it a thicker consistency but you would need to add more Sweetner to it .

ok i know i sound thick, but when u say u roll it up do u mean into like a swiss roll?

Back