Simply Filling Rice

Slim

Hello everyone,

I know brown rice is free on simply filling. I have never been a fan, I prefer wild rice or paella/risotto.

Does anyone know any larger rice such as paella or risotto that is free? Or a brand of these rices that are brown/wholemeal? I did look in tesco but struggled to see anything suitable.

I have found brown risotto rice, jasmine rice and sushi rice over the last year, but all of them were from local health food shops rather than supermarkets unfortunately so if you have any near you might be worth a look. The jasmine rice especially is gorgeous. Much nicer than the white version in my opinion.

Is it just normal brown rice you don't like? Have you tried brown basmati? I think it tends to be a bit more palatable than the ordinary brown long grain rice. Several people on here over the last year have had good results tweaking the plan and counting white rice as free as well but obviously its up to you whether you think that would work for you.

This site has lots of different types of brown rice if you can't find any locally; Buy brown online at Real Foods I have ordered from them before and they are really great. The veg selection is lovely.

Okay! Thanks for the advice. I can think of two shops. One a health food shop and the other a polish food shop (that's usually stocks all the food tesco doesn't sell)
I will have a look. I don't wanna tweak the plan too much as my losses are so bad.

But I did notice the USA list has wild rice and avocado on their list. But no bread. I don't have a lot of bread, kind of wish I was in America.

Basmati brown rice....good tip I'll try that too!

Back