SITC's diary

Day 3... Woohoo, honestly wasn't sure if I'd make it this far....100% too :)

Didn't feel too hungry when I woke up today so managed to hang off until half 10 before having my first pack.

Brekkie- just had the hazelnut shake added a teaspoon of coffee and milk to make a lovely frappacuino(sp?) will defo order it again :)

Lunch- spicy spag- really nice, a bit like spicy noodles, really filling too, had it with 100g of broccoli which means I can still have veg with dinner. Also had my truffa bar which was as good as I remember. Only leaves 1 pack for the rest of the day though which was maybe silly of me! I'm a grubber just love all the packs on s n s :) 2 litres of water down so far which leaves 1 to go :)

Start back work tomorrow after 2 weeks holiday, cannot be bothered! Not sure what im gonna do for lunch as dont really wanna broadcast that in on a VLCD. Think I might go down to 3 packs and have the protein meal at lunch? Hmmmm... Something to think about today.

How is everyone else getting on? I've no idea if I've hit ketosis yet, was hoping I would by tomorrow!

Last edited:
Hi hun, ur doin so well. Me too am on day 3. Like u, I have a porridge everyday with water n some cinnamon powder n it's lush. I save my milk for my teas/ coffees. But I weigh only once a month as it encourages me to b good n hoping for 1 stone loss at the end of each weigh ins. Am in this for the long haul. 5 n a half stone to go :(:(

Hi thanks for stopping by :)

well done on getting to day 3!

I wish I liked the porridge more as I love real porridge but I wasn't keen on the s n s one. Hoping the oatmeal is better! Im not a tea drinker but I do like the odd coffee once in a while so it's nice that we have the milk allowance.

Are you in ketosis yet?

Well had the cottage pie for dinner and let's just say it looks interesting. It was actually very tasty though which is more important. The texture reminded me a bit of haggis! I just put plenty of black pepper in it and a tiny bit of salt and had cauliflower which I love so much I actually eat it raw sometimes :) that's my packs all done today and in all honesty I do feel a wee bit hungry still. Could go some bread and butter lol but I'll resist.... :) still got about half a litre of water which I'll get through no bother. Back at work tomorrow so will be an early bed for me. Hoping I can keep up the willpower as I know there will be all sorts of temptations. Going to Tesco in a bit to get some chicken for lunches at work, end of day 3, woohoo :)

sliminthecity said:
Well had the cottage pie for dinner and let's just say it looks interesting. It was actually very tasty though which is more important. The texture reminded me a bit of haggis! I just put plenty of black pepper in it and a tiny bit of salt and had cauliflower which I love so much I actually eat it raw sometimes :) that's my packs all done today and in all honesty I do feel a wee bit hungry still. Could go some bread and butter lol but I'll resist.... :) still got about half a litre of water which I'll get through no bother. Back at work tomorrow so will be an early bed for me. Hoping I can keep up the willpower as I know there will be all sorts of temptations. Going to Tesco in a bit to get some chicken for lunches at work, end of day 3, woohoo :)

Yey! We did it-3 days down :) well done us! I ha 2 boiled eggs for tea as feeling a bit rough tonight! Had a dreadful night sleep last night tho, so planning an early night tonight too x

Woohoo day 3 down!!! Can't believe it :)

Hope you get a good kip makes so much difference!

I will probably not sleep well as it's my first day back at work after 2 weeks off and I always have that fear that I'll
Sleep in or something so never have a proper sleep, daft I know!!

Have my wee lunch all packed for tomorrow and you'd never guess I'm on a VLCD ;) got my chicken cut into strips with some lettuce and cucumber. Got my lemon bar- half for brekkie and half for first break. Got my litre of flavoured water all set too :) will refill and try to have a plain litre while in work too. This will be a big test for me tomorrow!

Best of luck for day 4 jo, we can do thissss! :)

Ps. Love eggs, hadn't thought about having them as protein so I'm delighted, might take an omelette as lunch one day! Cheers!

Day 4......

Made it through work :) very pleased with myself as I managed to resist a plate full of all kinds of cakes( won't go into details!) a kid brought me in a piece of their bday cake, which I accepted with a smile and promptly( and very subtly) dumped in the bin :)

Brekkie- half lemon bar
Lunch- chicken with 100g salad
Half lemon bar
Dinner- chilli I think with cauliflower(100g)
Snack- might have a warm Choc shake, haven't tried them warm yet :)

Think I must be in ketosis as im only starting to feel hungry now whereas before if I'd had a chicken salad for lunch I'd be starving by now and my stomach would be growling. I can hear a few wee rumbles so tea time I think....
Oh and I jumped on the scales this am( 4 days is a record for me :)) pleased with what I saw but will keep it on the QT until FRiday as don't wanna jinx myself ;)

Woohoo end of day 4, feeling really positive about this now :) enjoyed all of my packs today and was nice to have my choc shake hot before bed. Enjoyed my chicken and salad lunch too. Managed 2 litres if water and work and last one at home.

All organised tomorrow with my litre of 'juice' and a packed lunch of chicken and broccoli with a truffa bar for my break.

Roll on day 5 :)

Stsy positive and keep going xxx your doing fab! Xx

Thanks guys actually had a nice day at work :) feeling pretty tired but hopefully that means I'll be out like a light tonight!

Home for mushroom pasta tonight I'm starving!!

Hope everyone is good today :)

Day 5.....

So far so good :)

Break at work- truffa bar- wasn't as nice as the other two I've had, obviously it's the exact same bar and it was fine but i just didn't enjoy it as much 3rd time round, weird!! Looking forward to ordering some of the new bars and will prob throw in a truffa bar anyway!

Lunch- chicken with broccoli.

Dinner- just had mushroompasta with broccoli. Really yummy. Will defi order again. Thing is I still feel quite hungry and could go more. Stomach is grumbling a bit. I honestly dunno if I'm in ketosis or not lol
Saving a shake for before bed :) have strawberry x2 left or a caramel one. Fancy something warm later so thinking the caramel one might be tastier hot!

I'm down 2 and a bit litres so away to sup on some more to take away the grumbles!

Just placed my 2nd order....excited :)
Ordered the men's 14 day pack so that should keep me going for a bit. Looking forward to trying some of the soups and dif shakes and MOSTLY the new bars, yum :)
Oh bugger, I've just remembered that I wanted to order the lemony water flavouring but forgot, doh! Think I'll email and see if I can get it put in with previous order.

Last edited:
The customer service from s n s is exceptional, prompt at responding to enquiries and extremely helpful :) just wanted to say that lol oh and END OF DAY5!!!!!!

sliminthecity said:
The customer service from s n s is exceptional, prompt at responding to enquiries and extremely helpful :) just wanted to say that lol oh and END OF DAY5!!!!!!

They are awesome aren't they!
We did it!! Day 5 'done and didded' as one of my old dears used to say :) x

Day 6.....

Just got my email to say my order will be here tomorrow, managed to get the lemon water flavouring added on! Can't wait to get it and try some new packs :)

So far today I've eaten.......

Brekkie- lemon bar

Lunch- chicken with salad

Managed to drink 2 litres of plain water that leaves 1 with flavouring to guzzle down with dinner.

Haven't decided what to have yet.....

Well made the stupid mistake of stepping on the glass shelf of doom today and my weight hasn't dropped since Monday. I'm sticking to it 100% and doing everything right so not gonna stress. It does prove why weighing daily is no
Good for me at times though as was a wee bit disappointed if I'm honest. Best to ficus in what's been lost between fri-mon though which I am pleased with :) hope they budge a bit more before Friday though :)

How's everyone getting on?

Hi Sliminthecity, Todays 2nd 100% day for me since i fell off the wagon. I'm determined today well and i'm looking forward to tasting my new bars when they arrive. How are you? You seem to be doing really well, when do you officially weigh in?

Back