Six Stones Lost! and Moving to Management!

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by AmandaJayne, 19 January 2007 Social URL.

1. AmandaJayne

AmandaJayne Trainee Maintainer

Yes, that's 85 lb lost so far. I'm just under 12 stone now - what a result. My BMI is 26.9 down from a whopping 40.9.

I'm starting Management next Tuesday and can't wait to eat grilled salmon, tuna and chicken (not all at once). I am a bit apprehensive, but hope to stay focused.

Any advice from Management experts would be appreciated!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. olijames

olijames Member

Diet:
    LL-SSing
    wow hun...thats one fab result...enjoy the management journey...Im hoping to get there myself in next month or so!

Keep posting...x

4. mustdoit

mustdoit susan

Diet:
    atkins
    congrat s..................going to management in feb so will read your replies with interest xx

5. Gen

Gen Normal

well done that is amazing!!!!

love

Gen xxx

6. Geri

Geri Gold Member

Wow Amanda
    well done you :D

How long did it take you to loose those 6 stones???

Best advice I can give you is to stick with your counsellor, don't go it alone so to speak, as Management def seems to be the hardest bit :)

Congratualations

7. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Congratulations Amanda Jayne :cool:

8. AmandaJayne

Geri, you are so right. I've read other peoples' threads and it seems that Management is the tough part of the programme. I can well believe it. I have no intention of going it alone.

Olijames and Mustdoit, I wasn't sure about doing the Management because I wasn't at my 'goal weight'or at 25 BMI, but spoke to my counsellor who said it would be fine to move over at this time. (I'll be saving over £20 a week too, initially!)

To be honest I do look lovely :D (!) at the moment. If I lost any more I may cause people to have heart attacks:eek: when they see my incredible figure! ;)

No honestly, I'm a size 14 at the moment and while I would 'like' to lose a bit more (to make a nice neat figure of 11 stone or 10 stone), I do feel confident that I can do that in my own good time, if I should want to. :)

LL has enabled me to get a handle on my out-of-control eating habits and has empowered me to have the confidence and courage to take control back.:)

DQ and Gen, thank you so much for your congrats. It does mean a lot to me to hear from two great women who have written so many inspiring threads.:)

Mini likes this.
  9. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.33%)
    Congratulations AmandaJayne on your 6 stone loss and from a BMI of 40.9 to 26.9:D

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Love Mini xxx

10. ponseta

ponseta Full Member

Well done, i cant wait till my journey ends and i get near what you have achieved,

How long did losing the 6stones take please?

11. slinkytobe

slinkytobe Full Member

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
    Wow - Well done AmandaJayne!!! Just think how far you've come. Are you going to go out and buy some new clothes to treat yourself? Maybe you already have.

I'm really encouraged. I have a shameful BMI of 42.52 now so would also like to hear how long it took you.

Keep it up and keep posting - I will look out for you for encouragement!

Mini - I'm loving those bears!!!

12. dizzy-n-mizzy

dizzy-n-mizzy Not dieting ATM!

Diet:
    Together we lost 8 stone on CD.
    You have done brilliantly. Welldone. So happy for you.

Dizzy x

13. skinnyminny

skinnyminny Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    W8
    Congrats AmandaJayne - you deserve to be really proud of yourself.

You have obviously ben very focused throughout and it have paid dividends. Good Luck in management - I am sure you will sail through.
    x

14. canireallydothis!!

canireallydothis!! Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge!
    Well done you, what a massive achievment, I havent done LL management, I did CD, it is hard, someone said, after eating too much or too little for most of our lives, then the key is getting the balance!!!

Keep posting on here, follow it to the letter and you will be smashing x

Mini likes this.
  15. AmandaJayne

Thanks so much for your comments. I started doing LL on 24th August 2006.

New clothes? You bet! I have been wearing (non-black) skirts and dresses to work instead of the ubiquitous black trousers! I have been looking around for some second-hand stuff while losing weight because it is too expensive to buy everything new. Knickers and bras are new though, and so much more fun to buy now.

16. Anne-Marie

Anne-Marie Anne-Marie

Diet:
    VLCD
    Congratulations AmandaJayne. That is just fantastic! Well done!

17. gaijingirl

gaijingirl has lying hips

Diet:
    LL
    WOW AJ.. you know you're my inspiration! Well done. I'm so pleased for you - reading stories like yours - especially when we've chatted to each other - is another really great thing about this journey we're undertaking.

So happy for you. :)

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Eclipse

Eclipse Gold Member

Well done AJ! It is a hard journey, but worth it in the end.

20. AmandaJayne

Thanks for your posts of encouragement and congrats. Nice to hear from you "Girl with Pussy!" (you know who you are). I see from your ticker that you are right behind me, so when can you move to Management (I've forgotton, are you doing CD or LL?)

21. Yorkiegirl

Yorkiegirl is happy being Yorkiegirl

Diet:
    CD
    wow AJ, what a great achievement! I've just started LL and I have 6 stone to lose, so reading stories like yours keeps me going.

22. MandyB2

MandyB2 Moderator/CD Counsellor

Many congratulations on your fantastic 6 stone loss, you've done fantastic!!!!!:):)

xxxxx:):D:)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.