Size 12 model branded too fat!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MadamDotty, 27 November 2006 Social URL.

1. MadamDotty

MadamDotty Back again!

Diet:
    The Harcombe Diet
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Avril

Avril Avril

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Are modelling agencies nuts? The size 12 model is absolutely gorgeous, the other one is revolting!
    Avril
    X

4. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Talk about disgusting!! :mad: Have been reading about this in various magazines - it is any wonder our kids are screwed up about how they should look?!

5. Diva

Diva Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Why would anyone really want to look like the "skinny" one???? Does she look happy or excited about her life??? Does she look as if she'd win a playfight with her OH or her children....or even have the energy to take part in one???? She doesn't even look as if she'd make it round the dance floor on a Saturday night!!!

Naaaaaaaaahhhh, skinny is definitely not for me!

6. canireallydothis!!

canireallydothis!! Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge!
    Nope, me neither, I cant believe she was branded as fat, the model agencies have no idea at all.

The bottom one looks like she needs intravenous food. I wouldnt be suprised if she was ill and lacked all her nutrients, that just can't be healthy at all to be like that

7. MadamDotty

MadamDotty Back again!

Diet:
    The Harcombe Diet
    It's just shocking. If anyone I knew looked like that I'd be seriously worried about them. God forbid my daughter should think that looks attractive, I'm glad to say at the moment (she's 12) she knows that skinny like that is just wrong - I hope she never changes or feels the pressure to change.

8. kati

kati Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    hmm I'm a size 12 how come I don't look that good lol.

would definately rather look like thetop one than the bottom one

9. Isis

Isis Ancient Egypt Nut!

Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World

Couldn't agree more!!!!:eek:

10. Diva

Diva Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Apparently there is a programme coming on LivingTV soon about skinny celebs and the influence they have....should be interesting viewing! Will keep you posted once the programme times have been confirmed....

11. Kate

Kate CDC/PT/PITA

Scroll all the way to the bottom of that page...

...and see the Tesco Diets ad. Featuring some woman with a great body measuring her waist. Someone didn't think that one through.

12. vj

vj Regular Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(8.67%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    Yuk, the skinny model is sickening to look at. Surely the healthy size 12 would be the 'normal' person's choice? What size is the judge for goodness sake?

13. Summerskye

Summerskye Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st7lb(34.6%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    I'm just under 11 stone and a size 12 too - but there's no way I look as good as that! What am I doing wrong? *sobs*

Seriously, anyone who prefers the other model or views that size as a role model for the way women are supposed to look needs their head examining! :rolleyes:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.