Size 14!!!!

Slipped into size 14 jeans this morning! Last time I was size 14 I was 18 years old!!!! Woo hoo- might have to behave like an 18 year old all day to celebrate....:D

Well done.
so when do you change your name & drop the hippo?

Brilliant, dropping a size is better than seeing the scales go down, it feels more real somehow. Fantastic feeling, and fantastic loss, well done.

That's great ..welldone.

Thanks everyone! I think I'll keep the hippo bit for a while- just a reminder of where I've been and where I can go so easily.

Dropping a size does make it seem real doesn't it- I wonder why that is? I am constantly gobsmacked every time I go down a size- was size 22 when I started so quite a few steps on the way. Its a simple equation isn't it - lose weight = drop clothes sizes but it still makes me scratch my head in wonder! Perhaps its a self-belief thing?

:wow: well done
thats the size i want to get to when i reach goal

kaz:D

Congrats hun that is fab!

Thanks everyone again. I am starting to wonder what size I'll be in when I reach my goal- I have 2 stones to go. Might I get into a size 10? Holy smoke that would be unbelievable!

Thanks everyone! I think I'll keep the hippo bit for a while- just a reminder of where I've been and where I can go so easily.
I can undersatnd that.
Dropping a size does make it seem real doesn't it- I wonder why that is? I am constantly gobsmacked every time I go down a size- was size 22 when I started so quite a few steps on the way. Its a simple equation isn't it - lose weight = drop clothes sizes but it still makes me scratch my head in wonder! Perhaps its a self-belief thing?
you're probably right.
there's a big superstitious part to us all I think, & we can believe the silliest things.
so when you go into a shop that hasn't been told you're on a diet & their clothes have got larger so yuo need the next size down it adds reality to it. 'Cos even if you think a fairy came & tampered with your scales at home to make it look like you'd lost , there's no way Next or M&S could be part of the conspiracy.
Well done !!!!!!

LOL Jane- I love that- the BIG clothing conspiracy!

Hope its drying out a bit down your neck of the woods (or the lake!)
We're fine now thanks Kathy. Poor Gloucester is still in a mess. My CDC STILL has no running water. I offered to give her & her sister the use of our bathroom for te day & to bring laundry too,but we're just too far apart I think for it to be practicable.

RE: the conspiracy. What I didn't tell you is tat over the last 20 years al the clothing manufacturuers actualy have participated in a conspiracy. They've increaded the sizes of clothes by a good 2 inches. So a 'current' s12 equates to at least an old s14!
It's called 'Vanity' sizing!
How cynical is that!
But it happened gradually.
My Q is. Will the clothes become larger still over the next 20yrs?

Anyway as long as yu're getting into clothes this week that you couldn't last week then you're winning!!:D

ho

Clothing conspiracy or not, the average UK size is now a 16 so you are now a thinner than average woman!

The 14 was the biggest self-esteem boost for me when I got into it - and a 12 isn't too far away - the clothing size gaps are closer together below a 14!

They've increaded the sizes of clothes by a good 2 inches. So a 'current' s12 equates to at least an old s14!
It's called 'Vanity' sizing!
It's all true! I used to deal in vintage clothing (in a small way) and the clothes are sized very differently. It's nice to see it written down though, as I have wondered in the past if I were going a bit loopy...
Thank you Jane :)

Last edited:
Back