• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

size 16 what weight?????/

Must do it this time
hey people,
I was just wondering if anyone out there is 5`5 and a size 16?If so what weight are you to be that size as Im off on my hols in 5 weeks and Im currently an 18/20 but would love to get to 16 before i go away,is this possible or am i living in fantasy land?????
My weight loss seems to have to have slowed down drastically lately and its really getting me down.
elaine x
Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
I'm 5ft 4" and I'm quite comfortably getting into 16's now (except in the odd place where their sizes are really unrealistic!). I weight 14st 5lbs.

Must do it this time
thanx kelly,thats approx another stone to go for me then,i hope i can manage that in 5 weeks,
elaine x

Silver Member
Hi Elaine,
I'm 5 6" and weigh 14st 4 but i'm a size 18. I'm desperate to get into a 16 for my sister's wedding in 5 weeks.
It seems like people's weight differs for different dress sizes. :confused:
I'm 14st 10lb and no where near a 16, I'm in a 22 still :(

Spam Hunter
I am 5'7 and size 14-16 and 14 stone. It really does depend on the individual, just keep doing what you are doing and soon you will be shopping for your new wardrobe
I have to agree with Taz we're all different. I'm 14st but 5ft 9. 18 bottom, 14 top. Even at 10st I was 14 on my bottom half though with a BMI close to 20. Keep focussed on the next stone & the sizes will follow. x
I'm 5'6 and a peanut unde 14stone. Fit into most 16s and 18s are too big now. Bottom and top allthough top I still prefer wearing biger sizes (anything from 20/22 downwards..looks ridiculous but is comfy and I'm not confident enough yet to show my newly dug out curves..)

It is so different though cause a friend of mine is 5'4 and a bit, 12.5 stone and can't wear most 16s...

Hang in there and 5 weeks is a good time frame to get into 16s from where you are..

Good luck

Finally a size 12!
Hi Im 5foot 5 and 13 stone and just got in to a 16 but my legs are my problem area if ya have quite skinny thighs it would be bit more stone i thnk

Angel in training
Think it probably depends where you hold your weight - I hold mine round my tummy..( lucky me..not) so bottom halves will be bigger than my top half...does that make sense?

I'm 5'5" and 12 st 3 and still wearing my size 16 (very depressingly) some of them are dropping off me now but went shopping last week and very few size 14s fit me properly yet - so it must really depend on the style/shop/where you carry your weight.

Carol x

I am 5ft 5" and weigh 12stone 13 lbs and fit comfortably in size 16 bottoms but 14 tops. My problem area is tummy and tops of thighs , though when I put on the weight some of it went on my arms too. Yesterday I bought a skirt from New look in a 12-I think it was supposed to sit on your hips but it did do up round my waist.

Silver Member
im 5 ft 5 in a sz 16 . im 11 stone 9lb . i can pull my jeans down without undoing them , but no way could i get my arse into a sz 14