Size 16 - wheeeeeeeeeeeee!!

Quak

Gold Member
Been out today and bought a pair of jeans and 4 tops and all in size 16, hard to believe that I was in a 24 just 3 and a half months ago :eek::eek::eek:
Am still struggling with the photos my OH took of me before we went out though - I seem to look much bigger than that in them, and bigger than the me I see in the mirror if that makes any sense?
But I am pleased, very pleased with my progress :D

Hi Quak, you are doing SOOOOO well! Don't let the photo's bug you as the camera can be deceiving. When I got to a 16 I would think I looked ok and then see pictures and would cringe. Just ignore the pictures and tell yourself how well you have done. To lose 4 dress sizes and 56lbs in 3 1/2 months is fantastic! I bet you are feeling great.

Have you got rid of your bigger clothes? I found it made me feel good to give them all away to charity or ebay them. Once they were gone, then it help my head to catch up. I did keep my Christmas outfit from last year though, just so I can amuse people by putting it on now.

Hi Sarah - thanks for your comments, it does help when someone else who has been in the same position knows how you are feeling - it helps put things into perspective somehow. I did have another look at the new photos later last night and they did not look quite as bad as I thought originally but still not what I want to see!
I am feeling fantastic though, I know I don't have boundless energy and can pace myself to do the things I want to do but that is a small price to pay for the benefits I am seeing otherwise.
I have not sorted out my bigger clothes yet but am working up to it in my head......I will keep a couple of things but will get rid of the rest either to charity shops or the bin as some of them are on their last legs!
Once again, thanks for your input, it really does help.
B xx

Last edited:
Hi Lyn, yes I am doing TS, will be due an add a meal week in next couple of weeks but apart from that have been 100% TS and loving it!
B xx

Hi Sarah - thanks for your comments, it does help when someone else who has been in the same position knows how you are feeling - it helps put things into perspective somehow. I did have another look at the new photos later last night and they did not look quite as bad as I thought originally but still not what I want to see!
I am feeling fantastic though, I know I don't have boundless energy and can pace myself to do the things I want to do but that is a small price to pay for the benefits I am seeing otherwise.
I have not sorted out my bigger clothes yet but am working up to it in my head......I will keep a couple of things but will get rid of the rest either to charity shops or the bin as some of them are on their last legs!
Once again, thanks for your input, it really does help.
B xx

I am glad it helps Quak. I relied on a friend who did LL to tell me these things and it used to help me get my head together. You will be at your perfect weight and size before you know it!

Hi Quak

You've done amazingly well and must be feeling so pleased. An inspiration to me everyday that I can do it as well.

Your support and advice to me has helped mo no end. I'm so glad for you.

Enjoy the feeling.

Julie x

Awwwwww thanks Julie, it is sooooooooo great to feel that at last I am succeeding and not only that, but I can help others too just by yakking away on here, just like Sarah and DM helped and inspired me when I first started Exante. I really hope you stay with me on here and achieve all your goals, especially the Christmas dress - I want something off the shoulder I have decided cos my shoulders are looking quite good :D
Bren xx

Quak, you have done awesome girl and i for one can see a noticeable difference in your photo's. Well done for getting down to a size 16.....great feeling isn't it.
I do know what you mean about photo's looking deceiving....for instance i went out with my pal on friday night and she put a load of pics on facebook of me...All i could focus on was my freakishly fat arms, even though i was wearing a size 10....silly aint it?!! I just keep having to remind myself that i am not fat and all i am doing is picking faults.

Anyway well done again. You are a true inspiration to anyone embarking on a vlcd.

Hi DM, thanks for your lovely comments, your support in the early days really helped and I hope to be able to encourage others to do the same. Have had a huge wardrobe clear out tonight, it was totally amazing to try on some clothes I was wearing 4 months ago and I really cannot believe they acually fitted me :eek: I had no idea that I was sooooooooo big even though I could see it in the mirror - your brain does such strange things to you! Have very few clothes left that fit but don't want to spend too much yet as I know I won't be in them long at this rate - will just keep enough to keep me looking reasonable till I get to goal.

How are you doing? You are so close to goal now, it must feel brilliant and I am sure your arms are not in the least bit fat! I have bought a couple of calorie books today in preparation (yes I know I am being a bit previous but I want to know I have all the tools I need when the time comes!) ;)

Bren xx

Your pictures and the transformation is ruddy amazing and very inspiring! :D:D:D

Back