size 18 to size 12

Still a 16 in some shops...the weight has gone so much of my thighs, bum and chest but clinging stubbornly to y tum and hips meaning sometimes I don't fit in a 16 but an 18 is way too big.

I honestly thought I would be further along. Im 12st11 and 5ft7.5 and have lost 4st4lb but I dont feel much slimmer and Im blaming my midsection!

I'm getting into a size 12 in dresses and jackets - jeans are a nightmare, a 14 is way too big in the waist but a 12 is too narrow around the thighs and so I can't get them up properly. Funny thing is that I feel far flabbier now than I did at size 16! Hoping another stone will see me as a proper 12 and I think jogging is the only thing to shift the jelly pounds - swimming has toned my back, shoulders, collar but made not much difference to thighs, between my hip and my knee is my problem.
Finding it hard to refocus - my original goal was 12 st 7 & now I've got there I've been slacking a bit.

Well done for getting in the 12s. You are so close now!

size 12 on the bottom (though they are still tight in some shops!) and a size 14 on top, just got a gorgeous Oasis dress in a 14 and it makes my stomach look amazing! :) xx

hi all,
im a newbie and in all honesty a pretend size 18! I refuse to buy a 20 so my wardrobe is full of clothes that dont really fit at the moment. First goal is to fit (and be able to breath) into the bargain shift dress from the next sale for my next big meeting in Febuary. This time next year I will be a size 12.

wow all you guys are amazing and so inspirational! It really spurs me on to see all these posts. I have a question, size 18/20 to a size 12.....will it leave flabby skin?? That is my parinoid thought at the moment!! I'm quite tall (5ft10) and don't have a massive belly it's kind of evenly spread everywhere (haha) but as I'm now in the dreaded 30s and the elastin has started to disperse from my skin im so worried I'll loose weight and have flabby skin hanging instead?

So anyway I'm an 18/20, usually 18 top, 20 bottoms, although some 18 bottoms do fit me depending on where I got them from but most are a bit of a squeeze in so I'd say I was a 20 really on bottom. I can't wait to be a 12, 12 is my dream size, I can not even picture myself in a 12 as I think I skipped that size and went right from Teen age 14 yr clothes right in to a size 14 haha. It will be AMAZING to go to ANY store and pretty much pick up a 12 and know it will fit, but that even if in that one store it doesnt fit (cause some stores do smaller sizes in some styles!) you can grab a 14 no problem, where as now, if the sizes don't fit they generally don't have bigger ones or I refuse to buy them!!

you all seem to have dropped in quite a good time scale as well - perfect!

I will keep you all updated as I'm only on Day 3 of week one and I'm doing it at home at the moment!

wow all you guys are amazing and so inspirational! It really spurs me on to see all these posts. I have a question, size 18/20 to a size 12.....will it leave flabby skin?? That is my parinoid thought at the moment!! I'm quite tall (5ft10) and don't have a massive belly it's kind of evenly spread everywhere (haha) but as I'm now in the dreaded 30s and the elastin has started to disperse from my skin im so worried I'll loose weight and have flabby skin hanging instead?

So anyway I'm an 18/20, usually 18 top, 20 bottoms, although some 18 bottoms do fit me depending on where I got them from but most are a bit of a squeeze in so I'd say I was a 20 really on bottom. I can't wait to be a 12, 12 is my dream size, I can not even picture myself in a 12 as I think I skipped that size and went right from Teen age 14 yr clothes right in to a size 14 haha. It will be AMAZING to go to ANY store and pretty much pick up a 12 and know it will fit, but that even if in that one store it doesnt fit (cause some stores do smaller sizes in some styles!) you can grab a 14 no problem, where as now, if the sizes don't fit they generally don't have bigger ones or I refuse to buy them!!

you all seem to have dropped in quite a good time scale as well - perfect!

I will keep you all updated as I'm only on Day 3 of week one and I'm doing it at home at the moment!

It will probably depend on how long you've been overweight and what shape you are huuny. I have had a bit of a hanging belly (sorry, that sounds so gross) since i was a teenager as i've always been overweight, and i still have one now but it's just smaller. I do have a bit of wrinkly skin, but i only had my son 8 and a half months ago and i'be lost over 5 stone since then so i'm guessing that's natural and hoping it will tone up in time. But I started at a 20/22 and am now a 12 on the bottom and a 12/14 on top depending on material and where I shop and i'm 5 foot 6. I wish you all the luck possible in your weight loss journey hunny xx

It will probably depend on how long you've been overweight and what shape you are huuny. I have had a bit of a hanging belly (sorry, that sounds so gross) since i was a teenager as i've always been overweight, and i still have one now but it's just smaller. I do have a bit of wrinkly skin, but i only had my son 8 and a half months ago and i'be lost over 5 stone since then so i'm guessing that's natural and hoping it will tone up in time. But I started at a 20/22 and am now a 12 on the bottom and a 12/14 on top depending on material and where I shop and i'm 5 foot 6. I wish you all the luck possible in your weight loss journey hunny xx

I have been over weight for maaaannnnnyyy years haha, since I can remember I have always had a belly even as a teenager so hmmm it will probably stay - my visions of washboard stomach should disperse now then hun haha!! Ive also had 2 Kids so a double whammy for over stretch skin I guess!! I would rather be slim and saggy than fat and round ha!!

You have done AMAZING hun, so brilliant, I bet you are bloody proud of yourself & thanks for your luck I sure am gonna need it!!!

x

I have gone from a size 18/20 and am now a size 10/12. I carried a lot of weight on my tummy, and it took the longest to come off there. Now that it has, my tummy isn't lose - its pretty toned, but I have exercised throughout my SW journey, so not sure if that makes a difference. Its all about the sit ups :)

I have gone from a size 18/20 and am now a size 10/12. I carried a lot of weight on my tummy, and it took the longest to come off there. Now that it has, my tummy isn't lose - its pretty toned, but I have exercised throughout my SW journey, so not sure if that makes a difference. Its all about the sit ups :)

I go running for exercise as I always thought there was no point in sit ups until I had lost weight and you could actually see my muscles lol but its good to know that you think it has contributed - was sit-ups all you did for toning and how much how often did you manage?

I go running for exercise as I always thought there was no point in sit ups until I had lost weight and you could actually see my muscles lol but its good to know that you think it has contributed - was sit-ups all you did for toning and how much how often did you manage?

I didn't start doing sit ups until I had lost about 3 stone, as I also thought there wasn't much point when I was bigger! I've done them from about 13st downwards though and I do think they help. They can't do any harm anyway!

I've exercised all the way through, I run, do body combat and body pump classes and bootcamps 6 times a week. Bootcamp involves press ups, planks, sit ups etc, so that has helped with toning I think, and combat and pump have helped to tone my arms up.

I didn't start doing sit ups until I had lost about 3 stone, as I also thought there wasn't much point when I was bigger! I've done them from about 13st downwards though and I do think they help. They can't do any harm anyway!

I've exercised all the way through, I run, do body combat and body pump classes and bootcamps 6 times a week. Bootcamp involves press ups, planks, sit ups etc, so that has helped with toning I think, and combat and pump have helped to tone my arms up.

Excellent, thanks for the tips I will keep up with the running and try and incorporate my own "bootcamp" style exercises, might have to get a body pump DVD or something as I can't seem to find the time for more than going out running or I would be out till 10pm everynight and end up at the end of the journey with no weight and no husband either haha.

I am, too, wishing to go from a size 20/18 to a size 12. I don't think I've ever been smaller than a 12, and that was when I was a kid and grown out of kid's clothing! Going into my 3rd week with SW and stayed on plan 100% over the past 3 days.
keeping motivated by reading these posts online! What a great supportive community!

I'm anything from 16-20 depending on where I shop and my goal is to be a comfortable size 12. I don't want to be any smaller as I like my curves - last time I was a size 10 everyone thought I was ill!!

Good luck on your journey everyone - I look forward to fighting with you in Top Shop over the last size 12 skirt :)

Im def getting into 14s now...some are too tight but my primark 16s are too baggy! Got a stone till target what are my chances of getting in 12s... Or do you think I should drop my target. Im 5"7.5'' and seem to hold weight on my middle, my legs have gone super slim and my waist and boobs its literally just the tummy and hips x

Start: 17st1 size 20-22

Current: 12st6 size 14-16

Goal: 11st7 size 12

Im def getting into 14s now...some are too tight but my primark 16s are too baggy! Got a stone till target what are my chances of getting in 12s... Or do you think I should drop my target. Im 5"7.5'' and seem to hold weight on my middle, my legs have gone super slim and my waist and boobs its literally just the tummy and hips x

Start: 17st1 size 20-22

Current: 12st6 size 14-16

Goal: 11st7 size 12
Lucky you - I'd swap my flattish midriff for skinny legs! (Probably because my belly has gone without much effort & I cheated and used an ab belt when I was still bigger to build muscle underneath. I was regularly driving over 2.5 hours 2 or 3 times a week so would put it on and just use it then, took a while but I can feel the benefits now, my core is much tighter.
I've adjusted my target a couple of times - it was 11 stone 7lb and I am quite close to that but I still have way too much excess flab on my inner thighs and just saggy top of arms, so have changed it to 10 stone 7lb but I have now got an exercise programme to specifically target those areas to build up some muscle tone. Going to give it 6 weeks of 3 times a week and see how it goes, a lot of the stuff can be done on the floor so can do when kids are in bed and tv on.
I guess it's about being happy with what you got! I know even if I got below 9 stone I'd have disproportianate thighs ... so change your target weight by all means but maybe start doing a programme to specifically target your waist and hips.
You have done amazingly well so far - and you should fit a 12 no probs, I have big hips/thighs and am only 5 foot 6 and can do a 12 in trousers a lot of shops now, I just need a few more lumps ironing out!

@largerthanmost
It must be fantastic to be so close to your goal!

I don't feel lucky...I guess we always have our body hang ups and mine has always been my stomach. I feel like it is the thing getting in the way of my goal. I just wish I could choose where it comes off...my nightmare is that Ill start looking gaunt as my collarbones are really starting to protude even though I am still medically overweight and my stomach just disgusts me. I keep upping my exersize but with a still healing broken coxyx and a lower back injury I can't do lots of sit ups x

Hello ladies,
Ive been neglecting Minimins a little since christmas, but Im back! Ive struggled over christmas, I wish it hadnt been christmas time really as it threw me all to pot. Ive only lost about 4.5lbs since January 1st which isnt good for me considering how well I have done before that. I have been trying to get my ehad back into the game and been making a lot of different foods. Currently enjoying chickpea dahl loaf which is good for all the family. Just before xmas I bought myself a size 14 dress, I think its because the bottom is stretchy ;) lol. Im about an inch off being able to fit into size 14 trousers aswell and cant wait for it because my work trousers are so baggy on me now! Ive also realised I need to lose more weight than I intended if I want to be in a size 12, but I shall wait and see how I feel. I want to be as far as possible from those big numbers I was at and never reach them again!
Hope all of you are doing good and having fab losses!

Hi all,

I'm in the same boat a size 18/20 and hoping to get to a size 12/14. I've been this size for years and most I've lost in the past got me to a slightly tight in some trousers size 16.

This time I really want to get down to 12/14 and have got a few things which I hope will motive me - a Ball in June and holidays in September.

Just bought a 16 ball gown and praying I can get into it in June.

Wish me luck!!

Bought a size 12 skirt today. Its elasticated so im still a 14. Its shorter then I have worn for years!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130215_130856.png
    ForumRunner_20130215_130856.png
    368.8 KB · Views: 122
Back