size 18 to size 12

These stories are so motivational! I'm loving SW but I just can't imagine getting to a size 12! It's also my goal, though!
I'm very pear shaped with huge hips- am currently a size 18-20 on top and a size 24 or so if I want to get into trousers! I usually wear leggings though (18-20's)
I'm working hard at this so really hope it happens! I too was nervous about flabby skin, but I'm still quite young (22) so hoping if I exercise along the way I can tone as I go!

Hi ladies, wondering how you are all doing? Its been a bit quiet in here lately.
Im fully in 14s right now, and managed so far to lose 4st. Really chasing that size 12 lol, and cant wait to get there. Looking back at old photos I see the changes in myself and I really dont want to go back to how I was before. Gone is that big girl, she is liking being slimmer! ;)

Im still a 14 pants. Although I do fit in 12 dresses. Im at target now ( got there yesterday) so im hoping with exercise, tonin up my tummy n continuing to follow plan I will fit in a 12. However if by my birthday in July Im still not in a 12 I might drop my target by another 7lbs.

I don't wanna become obsessed with the scales(I really don't mean this to sound offensive I just think its possible to get hung up on what the scales say). My goal was to have a healthy bmi and be a size 12...After losing 5 1/2 stone Im halfway there and I am hopeful toning will do the rest.

You are doing amazing hippychick! I totally hear you on the number on the scales thing, its whatever you feel comfortable at. I have set a little interim target for 12st, but I know I need more off than that for a 12 so I am seeing how I feel when I get to 12 and then probably go for 11st. I just want to be comfortable in my own skin :)
I am hoping on toning making a difference too. My stomach has never been right since I had my son and its not shifting back either with the loss so I think I need more exercise targetting it really.

Hey I'm the same size 18/20 wanna b a 12/14 and I have big boobs last time I fone slimming world I lost 2 1/2 stone and not one Ib came of my boobs !!!

Hey I'm the same size 18/20 wanna b a 12/14 and I have big boobs last time I fone slimming world I lost 2 1/2 stone and not one Ib came of my boobs !!!
I've gone from 16st 7lb to 11 stone - and my boobs stayed the same until I had lost 3.5 stone and then they virtually vanished - a couple of people are determined that I went and had a reduction as well as loosing weight! From 40GG to 34D. So it does happen eventually!

I've gone from 16st 7lb to 11 stone - and my boobs stayed the same until I had lost 3.5 stone and then they virtually vanished - a couple of people are determined that I went and had a reduction as well as loosing weight! From 40GG to 34D. So it does happen eventually!

Well done hun, it is possible then. I started 2lb heavier than you and want to get to 11stone but not feeling it's possible xx

Day 3 into the 30 day shred...need to shed approx 2 inches to get in a 12...will update in day 30 x

Hi ladies :)
Hippychick do let us know how that goes, it might be worth trying if it works.

Ive managed to get my 4st target this month, really happy with that. I have got into a new BMI bracket, no longer obese just overweight :) Dont think I will get into the healthy bracket since Im not aiming for that low. I want to be about 11st so I have another 1st6 to go. Going to have to invest in some new running gear too as mine is all two sizes bigger than I am so wont work. Ive not been running for a few weeks though due to a few reasons. Im hoping to get back in to it as I want to do the Race for Life.

I was wondering how all you ladies are looking now you are slimming down. Obviously Im losing weight, but it seems like 4 stone lost and I havent lost anything from my stomach area? It seems to just be from the bit inbetween my stomach and back if that makes sense lol. I dont know how to get it to budge from my stomach and abs area. Any tips? Thanks

Keep it up ladies :)

Hey I'm joining power hoop classes next week the hoop is bevelled on the inside and it's weighed it ' pummels' your belly fat etc increasing blood flow and is fab for inch loss too xx

Hi ladies, I have the same target. I've been trying to slim down from 18-20 for years now. I have an under active thyroid so weight loss is really slow, I become demotivated when I see those scales going in the wrong direction even when I'm really good. Before joining SW I restricted myself to about 800 calories a day to try and shift some weight but I was still gaining :(. I've just done my first week and was amazed that I ate so much (loads more than normal) and lost 7lbs :) . I'm really hoping that I continue to lose but have that sinking feeling that it may just be a fluke. Still really trying to stay motivated and hopefully reading these great storied will help with that!
Well done ladies you've all done amazing well! :)

Hello ladies hope we are all well...going shopping this weekend as I have very few clothes that fit currently...lets hope there are a few extra 12s in the basket x

I got under 12st :bliss:
Still a 14 though. Taking the scenic route but hit my interim target and less than a stone to go now :) Hope I get into 12 soon!
How is it going for everyone else? How did the 30day shred go Hippychick?

This thread is really inspirational, I'm an 18-20 too and I think I'd be quite happy at a size 12 or even a 14. I'm tall (5'10) like some of the other ladies and other than my belly my weight is fairly evenly spread. I'm quite broad naturally too.

Well its been a while but thought I would update. Im still at target, although important considering dropping it as I fell under target a few weeks ago to 10.10 and I liked how I felt. So maybe after holiday U will drop my target to 10.7.

It was my birthday last weekend so here is a pic of me with my fella a size 18 last year and a size 12(ish) this year. And a pic of me spending my bday voucher on some size 12 clothes!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130722_123609.png
    ForumRunner_20130722_123609.png
    384.5 KB · Views: 233
  • ForumRunner_20130722_123701.png
    ForumRunner_20130722_123701.png
    335.7 KB · Views: 173
Hi all, I joined slimming world last week and had my first weigh in tonight! I'm currently a size 18 and would love to be a 12-14! Lets how I can keep it up- going well so far, losing 5lbs in my first weigh in! Well done to all of you who have go there! :)

I've loved reading all your posts. Well done on your amazing losses :)
I used to weigh 15 stones and lost a lot after having my first child. I have four of the pesky things now so am working on getting a decent figure (I've never had one before!) I've started swimming and Zumba to try and tone up as well as doing sw
Good luck on your journeys and hope you don't mind me joining you x

Sent from my eye phone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Well done you guys im back to a 18/20 ( and still wearing some maternity clothes) I lost 3 stone before I had my baby to a size 14 now have 2 stone to lose before I get to my pre pregnancy weight, but would love to lose 3 stones for my little lads first birthday next august x

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Currently a size 18/20. Would love to be a.12-14 By July 2014 as I have a holiday booked!! Woooo bring it onnn x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back