Sizes???

Cathy

Silver Member
God I'm fed up!!
How can a person POSSIBLY know what size they are???
I went to Matalan last night, to pick up a couple of T-shirts etc for my holiday :mad:
I collected a few tops from the Rogers&Rogers section (plus sizes) and took them to the fitting room.Well, even the 24s were too tight on the arms and bust:cry:
I arrived wearing a size 18 top from New Look and Trousers size 16 (alright they're 5% elastane and my other pair that fit are 18s.) but I bought a top from Debenhams last week that's an 18 and I've had to get rid of tops that are allegedly smaller than 24 already :giveup::needhug:
All I want is a couple of light coloured tops, preferably with a V neck and elbow length sleeves, I feel really cheesed off now :wave_cry:

Last edited:
I really dont like Matalan sizes hun new look and next i think do proper sizes!! Im sometimes a 12 in jeans sometimes a 14 just depends. Dont get downhearted its not you hun its the silly sizes in there!!! xx

Hi Hon

Am on holiday but just checking email when i saw this and didnt want to leave you fed up , Rogers & Rogers sizing has always been cack so dont get peeved off they started out as part of skinny minny Jeffery Rogers so their clothes arent sized up properly, anyway I got fed up of walking round looking like a tramp on Monday so Mr G treated me
in Sainsburys they have some lovely 3/4 sleeve tops with a v neck in pastel colours in for about 3 quid and their sizing is spot on also asda have some nice ones in also (whilst he was treating me i dragged him round every supermarket!) started a size 26 but now an 18!! tried this size on in Matalan and it didnt fit so know exactly how you feel, for cheapy temporary clothes for hols the supermarkets are the best bet if you get 3 weeks out of 3quid top you have had your moneys worth

:)
Have a lovely holiday and greetings from Sunny Dorset !

Primark tops also aint bad sizes vest tops for £1 cant complain!!! Dont get there jeans though i nearly had a breakdown when there 14's wouldnt go up my legs ha ha xx

next and new look ae good for sizes so are tesco

Peacocks are quite good size wise and not badly priced. They have got some great autumn stuff in at the mo. (I've given up on summer :()

Don't ever look at the size on the lable I swear they just randomly pick out sizes and assign them to clothes, complete bugbearof mine, I nearly died when I had to get a top (poloshirt) in a size 16 in front of my man!

Thanks to all of you, I was going to go into the City centre after work, but will now go to Sainsys, Asda and Tesco first!
That was really helpful info from you all.
:thankyou: Feeling a lot less grumpy now as well!

I stopped bothering with sizes years ago. I just buy clothes that fit. Yes it's demoralising wearing a size 20 top but the next day I can wear one that says 16 and feel better. Ridiculous really.

Cathy, don't get me started on sizes!!!! How can one pair of size 18 jeans be tight while the other pairs hangs off me and another size 16 pair fit?

I'd defo recommend the supermarkets for t-shirts. I got some lovely vest tops in Tesco's yesterday for £2, lovely quality.

Good luck shopping.

x

Hi Hon

Am on holiday but just checking email when i saw this and didnt want to leave you fed up , Rogers & Rogers sizing has always been cack so dont get peeved off they started out as part of skinny minny Jeffery Rogers so their clothes arent sized up properly, anyway I got fed up of walking round looking like a tramp on Monday so Mr G treated me
in Sainsburys they have some lovely 3/4 sleeve tops with a v neck in pastel colours in for about 3 quid and their sizing is spot on also asda have some nice ones in also (whilst he was treating me i dragged him round every supermarket!) started a size 26 but now an 18!! tried this size on in Matalan and it didnt fit so know exactly how you feel, for cheapy temporary clothes for hols the supermarkets are the best bet if you get 3 weeks out of 3quid top you have had your moneys worth

:)
Have a lovely holiday and greetings from Sunny Dorset !

Sorry to but in on this thread and change the subject, but did you go from a size 26 to 18 in 7 weeks honey??

Hi Laura, well I just stuck to the LT!
I've lost just on 3 stone now (4 stone to go) and it's showed more in the clothes than on the scales. Last weeks WI I'd lost 35lbs and I get weighed tomorrow, I'm expecting at least 4lbs off.

So Cathy, what did you buy?

x

Muchas gracias to all of you. I got 5 tops!! 2 from Sainsys and 3 from Asda RESULT! :bliss:
Just what I was looking for, what a relief.
I swear to God, this is the last time I have all this hassle before a holiday:eek:
Our next one is 10th May and I'm going to buy exactly what I want, rather than what fits, or what will disguise "figure faults"
I really mean this, I simply could not cope without all you lovely people and San at work. :thankyou:
I've been a right cow all day, but am feeling more like my old self now.
Thanks a whole bunch, you're all lifesavers!! xxxx :sign0168:

Hi Laura

Checking my email again ! (didnt update my ticker last week as cant get in ticker factory on phone and am away for 3 WI's so itll be updated on 5th of Sept)

im in week 9 now , I started LT on the 30th of June a size 26 in evans clothes (with a slight muffin top) and yesterday walked into primark and bought size 18s and they all fit. ive dropped 4 sizes top and bottom in 9 weeks I reckon im very lucky but yep its true :) have lost 3 stone and 4 sizes :)

Gen xx

Back