Sizes?!?!

I think any size can look good if you have the confidence to go with it. I know I probably have less confidence at a size 12 now than what i did a few years ago at a size 14 when i met my husband.

I found this ideal weight calculator so you can get an idea of what people of your weight and height think their ideal weight is:
Better Ideal Weight Body Calculations
I know its not for sizes but i guess you could use the BMI info.

Can I just add, I bet your feeling a lot better at your current weight then you were when 3st heavier, your going in the right direction, you'll get to your ideal one for you if you keep up the good work. x

I would love to get to a size 14 I am currently a 16/18 and carry a lot or weight on my stomach.I want to be a weight(in the healthy bmi range)where I can mantain it without going too over the top

i look healthy at a 12 - so i want to be a 12, and i am 5ft4. Having said that i want to be a toned size 12, not a flabby one...no more cringing on the beach!

Don't get me started on sizes!!!!!!!!! If only the shops were uniform but where you may be a 12 in one you are a 14 in another!!! I give up!

TBH I just wanted to have my BMI nice and healthy. At the weight I am almost now I was a size 14 as a teen but I'm pretty sure sizes are bigger now coz I'm in a 12/14 in most shops. For me I want to shift my stomach flab as I am an apple shape but fear the only way I can do that now is with expensive plastic surgery - which I can't afford!!!!

Go for whatever you feel happiest with when you look in a mirror.

x

it depends not only on weight, and dress size its also body shape and the old chesnut of your frame (ie bones) im 5ft 8, and when i was 15 stone i was a 12/ 14, and looked crap, i looked better at a 18 when i was 16.7 stone.
regardless you have done exceptionally well and you and your friends will be proud of you. your gonna look a million dollars anyway!!!

I have a friend who is a size 8 and she loathes the way she looks.. she has that perfect figure ie. celebrities etc. but she doesnt feel womanly atall and has more hangups than me (size 18 bottom 16 top).. so its all about how you perceive yourself really.. i would love to be a size 8 i think, but I am sure if i was i would still have hangups.. size 12-14 seems more realistic.. i would like to keep curves and not loose the boobies.. everyone is different though.. x

Don't get me started on sizes!!!!!!!!! If only the shops were uniform but where you may be a 12 in one you are a 14 in another!!! I give up!

TBH I just wanted to have my BMI nice and healthy. At the weight I am almost now I was a size 14 as a teen but I'm pretty sure sizes are bigger now coz I'm in a 12/14 in most shops. For me I want to shift my stomach flab as I am an apple shape but fear the only way I can do that now is with expensive plastic surgery - which I can't afford!!!!

Go for whatever you feel happiest with when you look in a mirror.

x

i agree with you about sizes being bigger, when i was in uni back in the day i had to buy size 16 trousers and i was about 10.9 stone. At that weight i would get into a size 14, and a 12 in Primark!

I tend to buy from shops that give me a better size! Avoid M&S - they made me a size 18 when other shops let me into 16s! lol.

yes i agree, every one suits being a different size!

Get to the size that you feel happiest and dont let any one else tell you what is the right size!

And mushroom, i agree.. Everyones body shape is different, I am tall and have broad shoulders :(
I suit being around a 12 / 14 best... which i was last year but i suddenly just ballooned up again to 16 / 18.

And there is nothing more than going into shops and one size fitting you and then the next shop it doesnt... It puts me on a real downer...

Back