Sizes?!?!

pizzle84

I will do this!!!
What do you all think is a healthy looking size? ie 12,14,16,18........

I suppose it depends on how tall you are, and whether you have hips, or been blessed up top. Personally I would love to be a size 12, but shops differ so much its hard to tell. :)

Well id love to be a size 12 but i dont see it happening (iv got child bearing hips!!!) Im a 16 on top and 18 on bottom and everyones saying i look fine but i just dont feel like im thin enough yet. Im 5'6" tall.

Well id love to be a size 12 but i dont see it happening (iv got child bearing hips!!!) Im a 16 on top and 18 on bottom and everyones saying i look fine but i just dont feel like im thin enough yet. Im 5'6" tall.

Whats the weather like down there? I'm a Cornish Gal but had to move up here last May....I miss it soooo much!!

Back to question lol Yeah people always say to me when i tell them how much I weight ''Oh you don't look it'' errmmm yeah i do!!

Go with what you want, sod everyone els...thats my attitude now hehehe :D

Its pretty cold and wet down here but its still lovely being in the country no matter what the weathers like!! The thing about my weight is that in 2 weeks im going on a huge shopping trip in london and i really wanted to be a size 14 but im not, also in 3 weeks im seeing some friends i haven't seen in 6 years (including the ex boyfriend!!) so i really wanted to be thin and look good but im still fat as far as im concerned!!

I know but im still so embaressed about how i look. Just really wanted to be a size 14 by the time i see all my old friends (who are all size 10/12s!!)

Everyone is different shapes and sizes so I think the best measure to compare like for like is BMI. I am only 5ft so I my clothes sizes work out a lot smaller than someone who is 6ft, but they could have a leaner figure than I do and have a healthier BMI....

I feel healthy with a BMI under 25, and ideally I feel really really awesomely super sexy cool when my BMI is 22. :)

Well my bmi is 32 (!!!!) id do anything to get down to 25. Dont think i can do that in 2/3 weeks though :(

Id say a 12 looks healthy but a 10 looks healthier...and more attractive lol, saying that I am practically a 12 now and I do definately not look healthy....

im so lost in all of this :( just joined today but i say size 10-12 is perfect for someone whos between 5ft2-5ft7 :) but sizes dont really matter in shops anymore ....i have clothes ranging from 12's to 18's and they all fit haha x

God my 16/18 is starting to look terrible!!! :( id be so happy to be a size 14 maybe i'll just keep going after next month!

hey I watched a programme the other day on obesity. It was basically saying people have different perceptions nowadays of what is actually overweight. People were pointing at the overweight person on a chart saying that they were normal weight....basically showing people are accepting obesity as normal. Its scary, apparantly we are going to outlive our children at the rate of the increase! x

The last time I was a size 10 was when I was about 17/18 years old. I thought I was fat!!

So i'm recognising (very quickly) its about what goes on in your mind as much as what goes on with the scales.

If I reach a 14 (I have womanly hips and a large chest!) then I will be happy. About two years ago when met my partner I was a size 16 (just) and I felt quite confident but even then knew I wasn't ideal (I was 14 and half stone then). Now after 2 years of stress I am 16 stone 8 and into a size 20-22.

The media doesn't help either, if you shop in Miss selfridge for example 14 is large!

Even when i was a size 16 and could shop in 'normal' shops I still went to evans, because that was my comfort zone. I really really want to lose the attitude I have as well as the weight!! :)

im a 16 ...its not that bad :O .....size 14's a brilliant goal....but its whatever makes you happy not what size evryone else thinks looks good.....some people look gorgeous a size 14 and awful a 10 :) xxx

Theres no way my little boy is going to go the same way i have! He'll NEVER be overweight and i can say that for sure!!

I think everbody is different, alot of it is down to muscle vs fat composition i think. i have size 8 friends with terrible celluite as they dont exercise and size 12 friends who look better as they are more toned andhave muscle. When I started losing weight I felt terrible at 16 and 14 and still feel uncomfortable now, I do need to change my mind set, but it may be giving the fact that ive just had my first child and still have to get used to my new shaped body? If I compare me size 12 against me size 10 photograph I definately know which I prefer. My fiance thinks I was too skinny when we met, but my BMI was healhty and so were my emotions :) I think Ill keep going until Im happy (providing my BMI is still healhty!) x

Did anybody see half ton son? I could never let my child get that way! it was shocking :O

I saw it and iv promised my little boy that he'll be healthy and happy so im not prepared to break that promise to him!

Back