Skerry's Low GL Diary

Skerry, a great looking menu for today again. 3lbs!!!! is looking very good. I weigh everyday not out of obsession but to keep me focussed. On a day when I see the scales creeping up, I know to be a little bit more careful.
For lunch, why not make up a nice mixed bean salad. It will be very filling, low GL and low cal.
Good luck for tomorrow.

I do like a bean salad, but don't have the ingredients in the house for tomorrow. I will keep it in mind for next week though :)

It's a good idea to keep cans of different types of beans in the cupboard. The canned beans are just as good as preparing from dry and I find them so handy when in a hurry or just too tired to bother with much. On GL, you can have a whole tin!!! stir fried with some veg and spices. Huge plate for one or divide it in two and have a big green salad with it.

Today was your busy day, hope it went o.k. for you.

I got on well, thanks Molly. I took some oatcakes and houmous with me in the end, which was yummy. Then had sausages and lentils for tea.

Today has been good too.

I had porridge for breakfast, and stirred in some dessicated coconut a la Nigel Denby, and topped with a swirl of agave syrup. It was delicious, and kept me full until about 2pm! So I had a late lunch of mackeral salad (love, love, love mackeral). Dh is out tonight, so I am just going to have sesame quinoea. Scales are still showing a good loss for this week.

If you keep to that type of food for the week, the scales can only go down and down. Well done you.
Like me the porridge seems to keep you going. It can be a bit boring but it really is a great staple if you like it. I was not too keen initially but now I love it.
You have just reminded me that I have a lovely mackerel in the freezer that a friend caught recently. Must have it over the weekend. It's lovely with a little gooseberry sauce, yumm.

Mmm, gooseberries. I have a bag in the fridge from my folks garden. They are just like sweeties (but so much healthier).

Well this week's grand total - 4lbs off :D. Feeling very pleased with myself. I hope that I can keep up the good work this week, and lose at least another pound.

I'm thrilled for you. That was a great result. Your menus all week looked great and the work paid off. Hope this gives you the encouragement to put in another good week this week. Jolly well done!!!

So far today I have had:
Breakfast - low GL muffin
Snack - apple
Lunch - mackeral salad

I am planning on having the chicken and cherry tomato bake from Patrick Holford's recipe book for tea. I love this recipe and make it all the time. Nice and quick after work too.

My clothes are starting to feel a bit looser already, and I even managed to fit into one of my size 14 trousers at the weekend (although I know that they are on the large size for a 14, it was still a real psychological boost for me).

I really hope that I am back into my pre-kids wardrobe by Christmas.

Well done on getting into your size 14s. You have plenty of time between now and Christmas to put a real dent in your target. Keep it up.

Hi everyone. I have been really busy this past week, so haven't managed to post, but lost another 2lbs last week :)

Today's menus:

Breakfast:Slice seeded bread with peanut butter
Lunch: cheese omelette
Tea: is going to be tarragon chicken.

Usual snacks of fruit and nuts. LOADS of water lol.

Skerry, well done on the 2lb loss this week. You are doing very well. You have 9lbs lost in five weeks so you are showing a nice steady loss. How are you finding it? Do you feel restricted or just more"food aware" as I put it?? Keep up your great work, all the pounds add up!!

New to GI...

Hey guys, hope you don't mind me joining you all...I'm new to GI today after previously trying weight watchers, slimming world, atkins etc...I've realised that GI is the way forward - hopefully for weight loss but also for a way of life as I keep reading how dangerous diabetes will be if we don't sort out eating out now!

I just wanted to know how everyone found it when they first started off...it's a bit different in that I'm used to going to weight watchers meetings but I spose with help like these forums we can all get there together :)

xx

Hi and welcome. I hope you get on well with GL. I find it fab and rarely have any problem with cravings etc. The first week or so your body will be detoxing from the processed foods etc but it will settle. You will have more energy, sleep better and generally feel great.
Post a thread on this forum and post up your menus and everyone will chip in.
Lots of luck

Back