Skin Firming Cream

Discussion in 'Exante' started by Yambabe, 21 February 2010 Social URL.

1. Yambabe

Yambabe Bad Girl

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    4st12lb(32.54%)
    Diet:
    Refeeding (Exante)
    Snake oil or worthwhile do you reckon?

One of my fears doing the VLCD is that as I expect to lose weight fairly quickly I will be left with a lot of loose skin. At my age (46) it's not just going to ping back into place I don't think. :(

Anyway, asda had some special offers on this week so I've got meself some Garnier body tonic firming lotion, it's quite nice, smells lemony, and absosrbs in quite well.

I'm not sure if I really believe it's going to help if I'm honest, but it's definitely moisturising and I reckoned the action of massaging it in couldn't do any harm either. So I've been applying it liberally to the tops of my arms, tops of my legs and my tummy this weekend!

Anyone else use anything like this? If so, what do you reckon, is it helping?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    Hey there

All the various creams and lovely and certainly keep your skin soft and in good condition. My personal experience is they have had very little effect on saggyness.

x

4. yummy101

yummy101 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st12lb(22.13%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Let's hope it works - but if it doesn't, you still get the indulgence to pamper yourself and you deserve it. So give it a go and enjoy!

5. Miss Demeanour

Miss Demeanour I.P. Freely

Start Weight:
    132.1kg
    Current Weight:
    132.1kg
    Goal Weight:
    100kg
    Lost(%):
    0kg(0%)
    Diet:
    one off the interweb...
    Probably snake oil, but as you say the act of massaging can't hurt, and the skin you've got left will be in tip top condition!

Am treating self to a weekly thorough bio oiling (expensive, but just a weekly thing, and I already had a bottle kicking about), and may well use some other moisturiser in the intervening period.

6. Blorpy

Blorpy Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Diet:
    Exante Total Solution
    In asda there is a bio-oil fakey called re-gen oil for around half the price - the ingredients are much the same, and having used both, I can't say there's a great deal of difference.

I have to say, I've had loads of compliments on my skin since starting this diet, one of the best benefits I think!

It does make you feel like you're basting yourself but my skin feels a lot less dry (and my skin is of the reptillian variety!)

7. Wasted Ink

Wasted Ink Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st13lb(19.16%)
    Diet:
    Heathly Eating/Calorie Counting
    I have a military-like skin regime. I hope to god it works... because I put a lot of effort in!

Weight training - 2 hours a week
    Situps/pushups/other toning exercises - 1 hour a week
    Body brush (followed by cold-hot shower for skin stimulation) - every day
    Skin firming creams - Nourish skin firm, shea butter, Coco butter, bio-oil - twice a day.

Again, I hope it works and my loose skin is minimal to none. Because it probably takes a good 40 minutes out of every day.

8. Gilly105

Gilly105 Member

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(8.74%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    At the end of the day it cant do much harm so why not, I am bio oiling once a week ( I found it helped with my acne scars a few years ago so hoping it'll help with stretch marks too! ) and moisturising once a day after a shower

9. Myr

Myr Still Motivated

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    15st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(26.13%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I was in Asda yesterday and found a bottle of the Re-Gen oil and bought a bottle as a treat. I do often use doublebase on the front of my shins as my skin is very dry there.
    Re-Gen has a lovely perfume to it and it felt lovely to use.

Love Myr xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.