Skin....

Weejocklassie

Not really sure if anyone will be able to answer, or want to share, but I have got about another 3.5 stones to lose, I have lost almost 2 stones.
I have quite a big "overhang" which in part is due to a c-section 5 years ago.
when I get rid of the weight, is the overhang still going to be there? How can I get rid of it/ minimise it?
Will it affect the clothes I can wear?
if I lose more weight than my target (ie get my bmi lower down the healthy range) will it make the overhang smaller?

Thank you in advance, I almost have a hunch that I am going to be told it is here to stay :-/

Hey :) i have a little overhang as such to, not from a c section, just from being maaaahooooosive during pregnancy lol. Lots of stretch marks to boot, my tummy is like a freakin' road map! I have found that my tummy looked worse when i was bigger, but still have abit of a flap when im smaller..if you get me. Excercise is supposed to help tone skin, yoga is good apparantly. Im a tad lazy and havent actually tried this though, ha, i can pull my baggy skin :O Also found over time my tummy has changed shape and does look better than it did just after having baby.
This isnt really an answer and more of a ramble, lol, but youre not the only one and either way wear you baby scars with pride and dont let it bother you :)

I have the same thing from a c-section and from putting on around 5 and a half stone when pregnant (i never went over 8st and was a size 6-8) I also have it to be crude, in my pubic area and find i can really see it when on the rare occasion i wear a pair of jeans. Im wondering the same thing as you weejocklassie will it ever go?! I hate the look of it, i have ab muscules but mine split when i was pregnant and they have never gone back. To be honest if i had the money for surgery i would have it, i know its not a quick fix but it would help i think. I did read an article about kettlebells (sp) and they are supposed to help work and tone abs, i hate crunches so i try to find other ab exercises that dont include them. x

Thanks for the replies:D
i guess I will probably be stuck with it - at least I should be able to fold it up neatly and tuck it in my pants ;)
Oh and I know what you mean about the pubic area, but thankfully mine seems to be shrinking as I lose weight.

I wonder if I ever manage to get pregnant again, if I have a c section again if I could convince them just to lop a little bit off the bottom :rolleyes:

Hehe I said that when I had my c-section, needless to say they said no! Lol x

I just wish they had a magic wand for stretch marks! Bio oil helps with the colour of them but it dosnt un-crinkle my tummy lol.

kettle bells are amazing for helping ton your stomach an spring it back up x

Back