Skinny Photo's

spinme307

I was just wondering how you feel about skinny photo's of yourself?

Last night i was looking through some pics on the laptop and found these:

IMG00087-20110226-0857.jpgIMG00148-20110226-1555.jpg
and to be perfectly honest I could have cried!

On one had I thought that yes I will get back there, I did it once and I can do it again. But on the other hand I find it really depressing and think how the hell did I allow myself to put the weight back on after all that hard work.

You dont realise how a couple of pounds here and a pound there adds up over time and before you know it nothing fits and I feel like crap for putting all but a stone of it back.

I so want to use these pics to motivate me but part of me is thoroughly depressed to see them??????

Its depressing to see pictures when I thought j needed to loose weight, I'd love to be that weight now!

I've never been thin, so tbh I wish I *did* have that motivation so I had a visual of what I was aiming for, rather than an abstract idea!

I've never been thin, so tbh I wish I *did* have that motivation so I had a visual of what I was aiming for, rather than an abstract idea!

You've mad a gargantuan leap on the way to getting there though!!!

I don't have any skinny photos! I've always been big and shy away from the camera, couple of weekends ago I went away with a few friends. The few photos of me appeared on Facebook and I was shocked!! I looked bloody awful, either I'm very unphotogenic or I don't see myself properly, now that could have made me cry!!

You should definitely use them as motivation. You've been there before you can get there again xxx

Thanks for your replies, I find it interesting how they can motivate some and depress others. for me they were definately depressing.
I was looking at pics of my cousin who has lost over 5 stone, she saw me a couple of summers ago and saw how much I had lost and it inspired to lose her weight, she looks amazing! I just feel so demoralised to have put the weight back on, I felt really really low all day and cant seem to shake it today.

I know people look at me now I've put the weight back on and judge me as lazy, undisciplined and just old plain greedy. I really dont know how to pick myself back up...

I hate looking at photos of me, and always have! I've always been the one with a camera in hand, snapping photos of everyone else...seeing my double chin in photos is really depressing! :( I'm also similar ot you in that I've put some of the weight back on that I lost, and I hate the thought of my friends and colleagues looking at me and seeing that I've put on some weight!

I've never been slim though as I've always been big since I can remember. I'm even chubby in the photo of me as a 6 month old baby, lol! :D

I'd quite like to have some photos of me where I'm at or near target...it'll be interesting for me to see what I look like :) That spurs me on, definitely :) I've just got to learn to not get depressed about the photos at the moment :)

Chin up hun, you'll get there again! We're both almost the same height and weight, so I'll be following your journey with interest :) xxx

thank you Sian :eek:)

Back