Skinny & Smoke Free!

Hello! :wave_cry:

I am going to use this as my new blog to keep me focused. Work permiting, I will write an entry every week day lunch time and when I can at the weekend.

So a bit about me ... I am 27, female. I lost 2 stone with WW a couple of years ago but I put a stone on between Aug - Dec last year and I've just been playing around with it since, lose a few gain a few.

This time I am serious :mad: grrrrrr. I am following WW but not attending meetings. I will be doing a variation of the Wendi plan where I mix my points allowance across the week. I have also joined the gym and tonight is my first class.

To make matters harder .. I am also trying to quit smoking. Did you know that smoking increases your metabolism so that you actually burn up 200 calories a day more if you smoke? That is not good news! I am worried that I will gain weight through quiting but that is not a valid excuse for me not to. At the end of the day whether I do it now or later it will still be as hard. It is all just numbers in the end so I hope that by going to the gym and using my points on good calories and fat (banana's instead of crisps, nuts instead of chocolate) I will help to increase my metabolism and still lose even if it is at a slower rate.

My first weigh was today. I lost 3.5lbs which is ridiculous because I had a bad binge on Sunday. I suspect it's because I've only just started smoking again after a failed quit attempt and therefore my metabolism is up. Either way a loss is a loss!

I hope I can give some people any help they need and we can motivate each other!

Week 1 = -3.5

Well yesterday was my first day of taking this seriously! I had a good day food wise; yesterday I was allowed 17pts and I 'spent' 16.5 - I just didn't fancy anything for that extra 0.5pts! I also turned down the option of a meal at the all you can eat chinese. All you can eat and diets dont go well together!

I went to the gym yesterday to do a class. I did a circuits class and it was incredibly difficult. I really pushed myself and I hurt everywhere today but I feel good for it. The instructor was nice and encouraging and said I had done very well for my first time back in 2 years! He also suggested I sign up for the 'biggest loser' competition they are running so, brushing aside the fact he thought I need to lose weight, I signed up. You get weighed in the gym (which is at work) every 3 weeks between now and Christmas so I figure it will help me to both lose weight and maintain in that period. I hope I'm maintaining by Christmas!!

Here is my food diary for Wed 9th Sep 09

(In order of eating)

Tesco Value Breakfast bar = 1.5
Apple = 0.5
Tesco Value Crisps = 1.5
WW Pitta with Ham, Mushroom, Tomato & Relish = 3
Banana = 1.5
WW Sausage and Mash ready meal plus relish = 6
Milk in 2 cups of tea = 0.5
2 Babybell lights = 2

Total 16.5pts

45 Mins at circuits.

Today is looking to be harder as with the Wendi plan I am allowed 14 pts today. To give you a brief idea of the Wendi plan, basically it is a way of using your points up across the week rather than day to day. You are more likely to want to eat more at the weekends therefore this plan reflects that. It also means that your body doesnt get used to a set amount of calories per day and therefore your metabolism should stay higher. I also find that it gives me some rigidity as if I try to save points in a less prescribed way, I always end up over by the end of the week. I am on 17pts/day and I split my days as follows:

Wed (weigh in day) = 17
Thurs = 14
Fri = 27 (pub usually!)
Sat = 14
Sun = 18
Mon = 15
Tues = 14

Good luck hun, I'm sure you'll get there, keep posting!

Thanks for the encouragement Lydia!

Thursday 10/09/09

Well yesterdy went OK foodwise. I was on a low points day (only 14 :cry:) so it was hard! I got the urge to eat something at about 10pm, but I managed to resist. It's sometimes like I just want the taste of something and if I am not careful I go completely of the rails. I will eat for the taste then I'm not really satisfied because I was never really hungry so I eat again and before you know it I've eaten the whole cupboard!!

Yesterday's food diary coming up. I went over by 1 point because I had the hottest chilli in my soup and I needed the milk to calm my mouth down! My friend grew these chilli's for me and I have honestly never tasted anything so hot! I saved 1/2 a point on Wed so I will try to save 1/2 tosay as well to make up for it.

In order of scoffing:
Alpen light fudge bar = 1pt
Coop Pitta with ham and relish = 3.5pts
Tesco Value Crisps = 1.5pts
Babybell light = 1pt
Pistachios = 3pts
Udon Noodle soup with fresh chilli = 4pts
Glass of milk = 1pt

Total = 15/14

Today is my super high points day so I am allowed 27 (26.5). I'm off to the pub after work but I'm driving so I'll just have a spritzer or a G&T and then diet coke. When I get home I may have a jacket potato for tea and I am definately allowing a bottle of red in my points allowance! I've got some crumpets and home made jam that need using up too! Yum Yum Yum!

Looking good x

Hi!

I have had a horror of a week! I just wanted to sya sorry for not posting! I have been off work sick all week as I have had an infected nerve in my tooth and the infection spread to my cheek. This means I have had a very painful swollen face and I have been loooking like a cabbage doll! My BF says I look like someone made a Dolmio doll of me! Still, I had some antibiotics by IV yesterday at the hospital (the antibiotics I am on orally are not fighting it quick enough) and it is definately getting better!

I'll post as each day I've missed here on in:

Friday 11th and Saturday 12th

Friday was my high points day and I stayed in with a friend and a bottle of wine. In order of eating I had ...

Crumpet with Jam - 2
Cereal Bar - 1
Pitta with ham and relish - 3.5
Babybell light - 1
Jkt potato and prawns - 6 (it was a big one!!)
G&T - 1 (slimline)
Wine - 8 (bottle of!)
Babybell - 1
Crumpet - 1
TOTAL = 24.5/27

Saturday I went to town to spend far to much money on shopping and I stopped at starbucks and had a lovely muffin! Yum!

Muffin - 4.5
Frapuccino - 1.5
Wine - 2
Tesco L.fat Sausages, toms and mushrooms - 3.5
Babybel - 1
Wine - 2
TOTAL = 14.5 / 14

Well on Sunday I went to the inlaws for a meal. It was obviously hard because I had to guess points values and try not to go mad when presented with all that food! It was delicious though but sadly I did go over on the end!

Starter of olives, bread, pate - 4
Main of beef, veg, roast potatoes - 8
Pudding Lemon L.fat mouse - 6
Wine - 2.5
Babybels - 2

TOTAL = 22.5 / 17

Monday was the first day of tooth hell! I had to leave work in the morning to have an emergency root canal on it because the pain was unbearable. After the root canal, eating solids was slow and painful hence the strange selection of food eaten:

Rice pudding & 2 tsp jam - 7
2 Crumpets with v. l. fat spread - 4.5
1 babybel - 1
Cold meat (Cured beef) - 1

TOTAL = 13.5 / 15

Tuesday the swelling came up as the root canal although necessary, ment that the infection had pushed itself up into the soft tissue around my cheek and eye. Back to the dentist for more antibiotics and more soft food and sulking.

CO-OP Smoothie - 2.5
Mash potatoe = 6.5
Cold Meat (beef) = 1
Banana- 1.5
Almonds - 2.5
Babybel - 2

Wrll after all my hard work and gym I didn't lose any weight on Wednesday :cry:
I actually think that I should have lost less last week - if I had weighed myself Thursday I bet I would have been over 10st. Over the whole week I was a 3.5 pts over but I didn't count any activity points.

So ...
Total Loss = 3.5lbs
Loss this week = 0
Weight today = 9,13.5

Wednesday 16th September.

Still of work, face still ridiculous so more soft food:

Milk - 1
Rice - 4
Rice pudding and jam and banana - 8.5
Babybel - 1

TOTAL = 17/17

Thursday 17th September

Today the swelling still hadn't gone down so when I went to the doctors for more painkillers, she asked that my dentist referred me to the hospital as she was worried. I spent ALL DAY in the doctors, dentists and hospital but I had antibiotics direct into the vein and I do feel better. To celebrate, I made Thursday my high points day as I don't need it at the weekend - can't drink even if I do go out!

3 pancakes and a l.fat choc mouse - 6.5
pancake - 1
babybel - 1
chocolate bar :) - 6
Almonds - 1
Canneloni - 5.5
HM Garlic Bread - 6
TOTAL 27/27

Totady is a low points day but I'll be staying in and cooking up a vegi chilli. I am off to a friends party tomorrow but will be sticking to the diet coke! Woo!

Oh but on a plus side, I havent smoked for 2 days! Yesterday teh dentist openned by tooth up (a big whole with no filling!) to help release the infection and so I haven't smoked as I just see it as asking for trouble! Smoke going into a whole up to my infected face! Yep, sounds nice! I've been puffing on the inhalator instead! Yay me!

Hello All,

OK where did we get to ?? Oh yes Friday. I actually had a good day Friday, stuck to budgeted points so I am happy!

In order of eating:

2 pancakes = 2
Mash Potatoe = 5.5
Babybel = 1
Chilli = 2
Crisps = 1.5
1/2 bag of choc buttons = 2

TOTAL 14/14

Saturday I went to a friends party and didn't drink as I'm on the antibiotics. It was very dull!! I knew booze made people more interesting!!:rolleyes: I did end up eating half a slice of pizza when I got in - bad.

1/2 bag of buttons = 2
Banana = 1.5
2 Muffins (home made WW recipe) = 6
Sandwich (WW pitta with cold meat and salad) = 2
2 Babybels = 2
1/2 slice of pizza = 4
TOTAL = 17.5/14

Sunday, I also went over today. I might be falling off the wagon here! I weighed myself yesterday becaus I feel like I'm losing weight. Turns out I gained 2 pounds :( - I know it's only half way through the week but it ment I lost my motivation. I can't do this to myself at least try - I mean what is the worst that could happen by trying to diet?

Muffin = 3
Bacon Sandwich & chips in pub = 9
Muffin = 3
A scrap of pizza = 2
Bowl of cereal = 3
TOTAL 20/18

Does anybody have any constructive criticism for me? Something to stop me losing the will if I gain on Wednesday??

Try to look at your diet and change it - no necessarily to lose weight, but I think you will anyway, but just to eat a normal heallthy diet. Your diet is almost entirely brown! Where are the 5 a day fruit and veg? Pizza, buttons, endless muffins.......you can't have much energy and I bet you feel tired a lot of the time. Get a good book from the library like the healthy eating ones by Ainsley Herriet and see how you should be eating.

Hello Again,

Thanks for your advise patchninja - I think the problem there is that I don't actually report 0 points food or detail exactly hwat is in something so for example chilli should read home made vegetable chilli with 1 carrot, about 6 mushrooms, 1/4 onion, 2 portions of green beans, 2 tomatoes, 100g frozen quorn and a handful of kidney beans per serving. I should definately start to though because it will give me a good idea. And erm, the muffins are wholemeal, sugarfree, banana and home made (by me) so as far as muffins go they are pretty much the best you can have!

So the good news is - I lost 2lbs this week! Hurray me! I am very happy with that and I knew I shouldn't have weighed myself mid-week!

I have also signed up for an 8 mile run in 10 weeks! Aghhh! It's called the grim challenge so I will be running through army vehicle testing grounds. I don't know how I will do it but I am extremely motivated at the moment!

Back to the diet diaries then:

Monday 21st September

Muffin home made = 3
Pitta bread with beef, cucumber, tomato and lettuce = 2
Mash potato with roasted vegetables (mushrooms, peppers, tomatoes) = 5.5
2 bananas = 3

Tuesday 22nd September

Banana & Yoghurt = 3
WW Fruities = 0.5
Shapers Wrap inc. falafel, salad and tatzini = 3.5
Shapers Crisps (bacon flavour yum) = 1.5
Spinach and pasta bake with an entire punnet of piccolo tomatoes = 3.5 (picked on the toms while I watched telly:)).
Beetroot with the above = 0
50ml of Madeira = 1 (eugh - i thought this would be nice ... it is not!)
1 babybel = 1

Oh and I'm off to the gym tonight. At 4pm I start my 'biggest loser' training which my gym is offering. It is £42 for 13 weeks and I get nutritional advice/diaries, a prescribed programme and a lifestyle process which will be followed to ensure you reach your perceived target weight It all seems like poo to me and it's money I didn't want to spend but I need all the help I can get if I am to be running in 10 weeks! I know realistically, if I am going to see someone each week to get weighed and that the weight is recorded for all to see, I will try so much harder!

At 5.15 I have a circuits class so after my loser training I'll pop on the bike for a bit until class is ready.

I've just realised how harsh my last post sounded. I really do apologise, Spugzbunny! Am relieved to read that you are getting your 5 a day! LOL

can i just say - anti-biotics have a habit of stalling weightloss or even attributing to a slight increase in weight. This weight is usually retention of water - so not FAT.

the weightloss should resume its usual decline once the course of anti-biotics is over.

Back