Skinnyjeans - My 50lb to christmas

I made a cauliflower cheese soup a few weeks ago and it tasted like eating cheese sauce! So I thought I'd use that :) another woman has already tried it & confirms its fab ;-)
It's just an onion & clove of garlic softened, add cauliflower florets & veg stock, simmer til soft then blitz. Stir in cheese sauce (a whole cauliflower usually makes 4 portions so I use 4 hexAs worth). Don't forget the salt and pepper!

Oh wow I might try this, and there's sf in there to then.

Is it strong in cauliflower taste? I'm not biggest fan of cauliflower but I miss lasagne

Stupid question but what does spinach taste like? I need to vary what I eat a bit more and there's things I havent tried just because I dont like the look of them! x

Oh wow I might try this, and there's sf in there to then.

Is it strong in cauliflower taste? I'm not biggest fan of cauliflower but I miss lasagne

You honestly can't taste cauliflower- strange cos there's so much in it! It just tastes creamy and cheesy and has a gorgeous silly texture. You can put a potato in for extra thickness too.
I've tried it with a few different cheese sauces now and the best by far is tesco value range cheese spread!
Low daft cream cheese works well too, with a little grated cheddar :) ill let you know how the lasagne turns out x

Stupid question but what does spinach taste like? I need to vary what I eat a bit more and there's things I havent tried just because I dont like the look of them! x

I'm biased because I'm not keen on spinach, but to me it tastes very 'green' and a bit metallic! It's nice with cheesy things though. See what skinnyjeans says :) x

I'm biased because I'm not keen on spinach, but to me it tastes very 'green' and a bit metallic! It's nice with cheesy things though. See what skinnyjeans says :) x

I love spinach but because of the iron content is do high it does leave a funny coating but I just brush my teeth after.

It's very rich in vitamins and I never buy lettuce now always use raw spinach but its quite strong.

Nice wilted in butter fry light with a poached egg.

But I'm biased Cos fussy with veg but i like it

I love spinach but because of the iron content is do high it does leave a funny coating but I just brush my teeth after.

It's very rich in vitamins and I never buy lettuce now always use raw spinach but its quite strong.

Nice wilted in butter fry light with a poached egg.

But I'm biased Cos fussy with veg but i like it

Yeah I like the sound of it with buttery frylight and eggs actually. I feel better after I've eaten it- there's no denying how good for you it is! I try and incorporate it into stuff e.g layered into lasagne or stirred through a curry rather than as a leaf on its own. The baby stuff isn't so bad! X

Yeah I like the sound of it with buttery frylight and eggs actually. I feel better after I've eaten it- there's no denying how good for you it is! I try and incorporate it into stuff e.g layered into lasagne or stirred through a curry rather than as a leaf on its own. The baby stuff isn't so bad! X

That metallic taste is awful but I'm not best at veg there's some I love and some I just can't get into like onions and peppers. So I have to put up with the after taste to get my vitamins lol.

Pressure is really on now, my mum is getting married the wedding is looking like it'll be in 18mths instead of 3 years. Pressure is on to get this weight shifted now.

Well done, all in the right direction.
Are you going to a Saturday group now? X

No that was a Friday morning, still no Saturday group around here.

I'll weigh in next Friday morning then hopefully ill be able to get back to Monday mornings but I'm sticking to it now like glue hoping for a better loss next weigh in. Taking 1 day at a time

Struggling a bit tbh. I'm down to about 10st7lb and just trying to maintain- the disappointment of gaining/not losing was putting me right off.
Try maintain over Xmas then try to lose maybe half a stone in the run up to wedding in June x

Is it eating out this time of year? Or something else.
If you can maintain over Christmas then go for a good push for half a stone in new year. Just keep weighing whatever happens keep weighing and then you won't creep it back on

Is it eating out this time of year? Or something else.
If you can maintain over Christmas then go for a good push for half a stone in new year. Just keep weighing whatever happens keep weighing and then you won't creep it back on

No I think its a little bit of complacency. Now most of my good clothes for again and I feel more comfortable in my own skin, the treats have crept in and my losses have slowed. I'm enjoying them all though! Tbh I can't complain, I'd have done anything to be 10 and a half stone this time last year!
Yes il not stop weighing, I need to know when to rein it in for sure. Big push in the new year x

No I think its a little bit of complacency. Now most of my good clothes for again and I feel more comfortable in my own skin, the treats have crept in and my losses have slowed. I'm enjoying them all though! Tbh I can't complain, I'd have done anything to be 10 and a half stone this time last year!
Yes il not stop weighing, I need to know when to rein it in for sure. Big push in the new year x

What weight did you start at?

Aim to get last bit off for Easter and then uve a few months to maintain before the wedding. Are you going on honeymoon?

What weight did you start at?

Aim to get last bit off for Easter and then uve a few months to maintain before the wedding. Are you going on honeymoon?

I started at 12st2lb!
Yeah that's what I was thinking- ill need to allow for a potential small gain from my hen do which is mid-may too.
We are going on honeymoon, not totally decided on where yet but it would be good to be a bit lower than this then.
If I can get down to about 10 then I could be ok! Christmas is so tough, treats everywhere! X

I started at 12st2lb!
Yeah that's what I was thinking- ill need to allow for a potential small gain from my hen do which is mid-may too.
We are going on honeymoon, not totally decided on where yet but it would be good to be a bit lower than this then.
If I can get down to about 10 then I could be ok! Christmas is so tough, treats everywhere! X

Christmas is really hard I need to
Do this so
Bad I'm not going on any nights out, I'm on soft drinks to my mums engagement party and then I've said set days I'm allowing myself off (christmas eve night, crimbo day, boxing day and thats it) and every other time I'm being more than 100% good.

Back