Skipping

That's_So_Fetch

Gold Member
I got my new skipping rope yesterday and i cant stop skipping, lol :D. I have been using skipping as a way to get my fitness levels up and ease myself back into exercising after losing weight on CD.

I have to say that i absolutley love it :D. Before CD i couldn't even do 20 seconds skipping non stop but now i am nearly at 1 minute ( i know it doesn't seem much but believe me its difficult). It is such a great workout and its really good for your fitness, so i would highly recommend it. :)

I got one of them speed ropes that boxers use and it makes skipping so much easier. I really want to skip like boxers do and learn new tricks but i think i will focus on increasing my endurance for now and then go from there.

My goal for this week is to be able to skip non stop for 1 minute and not feel totally breathless at the end of it. I will probably add another 1 minute to my goal each week or maybe more if i feel i am capable.

I just had to post about it because it shows that it doesn't cost much to get fit (it cost me £7.99, lol :p)

xx :)

I was thinking of doing hula hooping!! I've heard that you can make your own with weights and it is suppose to shed the pounds and then you can also do upper body strength toning with it too. I should try skipping as well. Makes me feel like a kid again. :)

lol, skipping is ace. I have been doing it for the past few days and i can do all kinds of tricks now, it makes me feel light as a feather too, lol.

I have heard that hula hooping can be good for you too. I wouldnt know how to go about it tho, i think by using a normal hula hoop to perfect your technique would be a good place to start and then adding weights etc like you mentioned to tone up :)

Have fun :) xx

skipping is very good cardiovascular, although i prefer my treadmill, the only time i'll skip is when i reach goal (SKIP FOR JOY). HAHA.

Hula hooping is great. I know a couple of people who teach hula hooping classes and they're such a fun workout.

Start with a regular hoop before you move on to weighted ones!

Back