Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by ChubLock, 24 April 2008 Social URL.

1. ChubLock

ChubLock Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Gosh, I was planning on being really good and start a 'skipping' workout, which consists of a minutes jogging and stretches to warm up.

And then varying your skipping: speeds, style, enthusiasm etc. 20 mins in total.

Well, I gave it a go this morning, I could only manage 4 mins before completely sending my heart rate through the roof. How shameful.[​IMG]

Should I just build up gradually? I'm planning on doing another 5 mins later, but I'm just so unfit at the moment, I felt like my heart was gonna fall out..:eek:
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. rolo

rolo Full Member

I find skipping really hard, 20 mins is a bit ambitious. How about breaking it down into 4 sessions of 5 mins if you can manage it. If you can't I'd go for 4 min sessions and then gradually add on 30 secs-1 min each time.

Roz x
  4. shifali

shifali New Member

skipping is a best exercise.It is also a very interesting game.Where one or more persons can jump in one rope.It is a indoor and outdoor activity.You no need to go to playground and also no need partner.I can at least 500 jumps at one time.
  5. Daisybank

Daisybank Hmmmmmm!

skipping is great exercise. I would suggest you take it easy hun and build up slowly. If you do too much at first you will suffer and need to take a few days off so it pays to be sensible. Also remember to stretch to avoid pulled muscles :)
  6. vodaka999

vodaka999 Silver Member

Weight Watchers
    I like to skip

when i first started i was like you i couldnt do it so i just said i would do 100 morning and 100 night and did them in sets of 25 now i can easily do 500 at a time but still break them down into sets
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.