Skipping...

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by ChubLock, 24 April 2008 Social URL.

1. ChubLock

ChubLock Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.44%)
    Diet:
    SW/5:2
    Gosh, I was planning on being really good and start a 'skipping' workout, which consists of a minutes jogging and stretches to warm up.

And then varying your skipping: speeds, style, enthusiasm etc. 20 mins in total.

Well, I gave it a go this morning, I could only manage 4 mins before completely sending my heart rate through the roof. How shameful.[​IMG]

Should I just build up gradually? I'm planning on doing another 5 mins later, but I'm just so unfit at the moment, I felt like my heart was gonna fall out..:eek:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. rolo

rolo Full Member

I find skipping really hard, 20 mins is a bit ambitious. How about breaking it down into 4 sessions of 5 mins if you can manage it. If you can't I'd go for 4 min sessions and then gradually add on 30 secs-1 min each time.

Roz x

4. shifali

shifali New Member

skipping is a best exercise.It is also a very interesting game.Where one or more persons can jump in one rope.It is a indoor and outdoor activity.You no need to go to playground and also no need partner.I can at least 500 jumps at one time.

5. Daisybank

Daisybank Hmmmmmm!

Diet:
    Lipotrim
    skipping is great exercise. I would suggest you take it easy hun and build up slowly. If you do too much at first you will suffer and need to take a few days off so it pays to be sensible. Also remember to stretch to avoid pulled muscles :)

6. vodaka999

vodaka999 Silver Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I like to skip

when i first started i was like you i couldnt do it so i just said i would do 100 morning and 100 night and did them in sets of 25 now i can easily do 500 at a time but still break them down into sets

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.