Skulldilocks' Slimming World Diary Part II

Lost 1lb. So much for just being happy with a loss. I had a right cry about it :(

Aww Hun, consistent losses mean so much more than massive whoppers that make you too confident about things! Don't worry, put the effort in this week and think of consistent rather than massive. X

I know Rochelle, its just hard when I look at my book and see all I've done is gain a stone since January when I was supposed to have my fresh start. I completely agree though and definitely hope for a slow and steady approach rather than the opposite direction. I should take some inspiration from the tortoises haha!
Anyway, today is a bit of a pick n mix day until pay day tomorrow. Going to go wild with recipes and lovely foods once the money's in! Plus bizarrely our energy bills are cheaper this month so more money to play with! Guess its not having the radiators on!

My only challenge this week is a house warming party on Sat. I will drink but count my syns and keep them low the rest of the week. We've also planned to do more exercise and leave the party before any pizza is ordered!

Thursday EE Day:

Breakfast:

2x hifi lights (HEX B)
Banana
Pepsi Max

Lunch:
Chicken Mugshot
Tikka turkey chunks (S)
Apple (S)
Mullerlight green mango yog (0.5)
Asda fries crisps (4)

Dinner:
Bachelors savoury rice with onions (S), peppers (S), mushrooms (S) and jalapenos (S)
30g grated cheese (HEX A)

Pineapple (S) and orange (S)

Total syns: 4.5

Asapragus advice please!

I won the raffle last night and the contents are always the Aldi super 6. It had asparagus in and although we both love it, we've never actually cooked it ourselves! How do you cook it? I was thinking of having it with melted garlic Philly over it for a creamy side dish. I always thought it would be too expensive to buy! x

Asapragus advice please!

I won the raffle last night and the contents are always the Aldi super 6. It had asparagus in and although we both love it, we've never actually cooked it ourselves! How do you cook it? I was thinking of having it with melted garlic Philly over it for a creamy side dish. I always thought it would be too expensive to buy! x

I steam mine for about 4 mins - super quick! You need to be careful with asparagus as it can overcook very easily. It should still have a good bit of crunch! xx

I pan fry mine with Frylight and a little garlic granules. Less than 5 minutes! x

Oooh thanks both! I don't have a steamer Lil, can you steam another way (can you tell I used to work in a kitchen?!) bahahaha!
May pan fry Stevie and then dollop some Philly on yum yum :) x

Oooh thanks both! I don't have a steamer Lil, can you steam another way (can you tell I used to work in a kitchen?!) bahahaha!
May pan fry Stevie and then dollop some Philly on yum yum :) x

microwave with some cling film and a few drops of water probably?! I sometimes do veg this way but you need to reduce the cooking time - have a google and see what other sites suggest :) x

food plan done for the next two weeks and a big hefty food shop arranged for Saturday delivery. Menu consists of homemade beef burgers, the meat pizza from the new mag (REAL BASE!), lasagne, Nandos, a Pork Sunday dinner. If this doesn't keep me on track I don't know what will :drool:

Also Kieran was getting very excited about getting back on track as he gained 2lbs this week. Too much beer! He is one of the only guys in group and its man of the year soon so he wants to do some good (he's being owned currently but who knows :p) He's requested we do a huge Chinese fakeaway so we'll be doing that next Saturday all from scratch! Chicken in black bean, sweet n sour chicken balls and chicken fried rice (yes, he loves chicken!haha) and then we can have the leftovers for other days :)

Ooh Chinese sounds yum! We only have a couple of men in group also. I havnt even had a look in the new mag yet! Would read it tonight but it always makes me hungry and I'm having a starving day so maybe not the best idea LOL x

Friday EE Day:

Breakfast:

2x hifi lights (HEX B)
Banana

Lunch:
Jacket potato with cheese (HEX A) and beans (SS)
Apple
Mullerlight greek mango yog (0.5)
Pops (4)

Dinner:
Chicken and vegetable jalfrezi (chicken (S), onions (S), mushrooms (S) peppers (S) Tomatoes (S), puree (S), chilli (S), spinach (S))
Rice
Asparagus (S)

Total syns: 4.5

Love love love the sound of some of your yummy meals planned! Glad to hear Kieran is feeling very motivated too! X

haha we'll see how long it lasts ;) We're writing each other food dairies to be examined at the end of the day bahah! But tomorrow is the house party and I know what he's like with his second/koint first love - beer!

I think I'm going to try this salad week fellow Lil and Ging said about. The food will be delivered tomorrow arvo so I have looked through the mags for inspiration and got some yummies! The latest mag has a breakfast salad so that'll be tomorrow dinner (controversial! haha) and then there's a tandoori chicken one and stuff :)

Plans and goings on this weekend completely mucked up my meal plan so going to have to have a move around of meals. Off to Nandos with a friend for a catch up tonight so yet another cooked dinner off the cards. Mother nature has decided to rear her ugly head this morning so if she stops me getting two consecutive losses I'll be mad!!! That is all I ask for, even If its half a pound!

Monday EE Day:

Breakfast:
2x Alpen lights (HEX B)
Banana
Orange (S)

Lunch:
Jacket potato with cheese (HEX A) and beans (SS)
Apple
Banana

Mullerlight greek mango yog (0.5)

Dinner:
Nandos butterfly chicken (3.5)
Large side salad (S)
Halloumi cheese (3)

Total syns: 7

Mother Nature due for me this week too, you're not alone! I carried my pill on last month cos couldn't be bothered with a period so I don't really want to do it 2 months in a row lol enjoy nandos! I'm sure you will though. Have a nice time x

thanks both that's literally all I want! I drank as planned on Friday night and had a slice of pizza (oops!) Then on Sunday we had a big SW fry up and then went on a long walk up to my parents but we thought we'd take her out for food. She decided she didn't want all the fuss and a takeaway would do the trick so I got the lowest syn curry, boiled rice and a cheeky poppadum. So it could've been much worse! Just know MN won't help at all.
I guess we'll just have to see what happens. Either way I've been impulsive and bought a cross trainer to be delivered tomorrow. Body magic is a big issue for me. I just cannot find something I enjoy and so I can't get motivated. So many of you are so good with it, its just booked into your days and nothing gets in the way. Tried swimming - but the hassle of drying off and walking home wet and cold is a no no (don't even start on the self consciousness!)
I cannot find anything more boring than going to the gym. Plus all the muscle men and skinny ladies.
Curves was too annoying because you can't listen to your own music and was pricey in comparison.
I cannot get into Zumba or aerobics classes at all and I always rely on other people to go with which always means bailing.
Horse riding is one activity I absolutely love and always have and its great for you! But ever since my pony died, I can't really face it. Plus at £20 an hour I cant really afford it!
So yeah, I'm praying that the fact its in my house, I can do it in my pyjamas and watch Hollyoaks at the same time will mean no excuses! x

Back