Slaj's diary

Hi Sandra - agree sts better! I remember my mum bought my brother "how to boil an egg" for Uni. I got "how to hold a dinner party on a can of baked beans" :eek: actually one of the best cook books ever:)

Ps just checked on Amazon - it's called the miracle cookbook by rosemary stark - clearly been updated over the years as now talks about unexpected guest instead of beans!

Well our boy went to uni yesterday, I shed a few tears in the morning but held it all together when we left him. Think it helped knowing where he is and seeing his room, I can picture him in his flat now. Not sure when we will see him again but I am hopeful he might come home in Oct for my big 50 birthday in October!
Have been low carbing last few days and have enjoyed my food, not being really strict but cutting carbs down to about 50g per day.
Hope everyone has had a good weekend x

Aww I know it's hard Sandra. As long as he's happy though that's the main thing. Thinking of lowering my carbs a bit too. 50 grams sounds good if I go lower I get really tired. x

Last edited:
Hi roo, good to see you ! Hope you are well.
Very pleased to say I have lost 2lb this week, going to carry on eating low carb and see how I get on

well done on the loss. :)
yes not too bad thanks,work is blissfully a lot quieter than it was a while back.
xx

Well done Sandra - love when low carb is working:)

Morning all, pouring with rain and sky very grey here today, not looking forward to go out in rain!
Not been great on good front hoping I can get back in he zone, it will soon be Christmas eeks!

Still raining here! My big birthday is looming, had hoped I would be slim at 50 but am now resigned to the fact I won't be anywhere near my target, however I am blessed with good health and have wonderful family and friends.
My son has settled into uni life , he seems to be loving it , I am still missing him terribly but slowly getting used to him not being at home, he is coming home next week for a few days for mine and my daughters birthday. My baby will be 16, can't believe how the years have flown!

Hello all
I am back again, now 50 years old and still overweight! Thinking of counting calories, why not, I've tried everything else ha ha!!
Hope everyone is ok, seems quiet on here at the moment x

Thinking of joining you Val x

I think the support you get from each other on any woe helps an awful lot. Don't beat yourself up about the weight. Once you start you'll feel better for having the control back with food x.

Morning all
Well I am enjoying calorie counting, feeling more in control have lost 3.5lb over 2 weeks. Logging everything on MFP certainly helps, haven't felt hungry at all. Hope no one minds me keeping my diary under Atkins or should I move it?
Pouring with rain here in the Midlands, hope it brightens up for the weekend. Take care everyone x

Back