Slaj's diary

Hello all
The lovely Coffee Lover has inspired me to reset my password and log in again after several weeks absence!
I am well, still following SW. Just back from a wonderful break in gorgeous Barcelona, went a bit off track with the sangria but hopefully back in the zone now.
My boy has got the grades he needed to study journalism at UCLAN so I am starting to feel anxious about him leaving and hope I don't turn to food and wine as comfort.
Hope everyone is well, looking forward to catching up with diaries x

Yay your back posting Sandra! Yum on the sangria. I've not been but hear Barcelona is amazing.

Well done to your boy that's excellent! Such an interesting subject to study.

I so know what your feeling. I packed on over 20lbs when mine went away for the first year but you'll do better than that and your doing great! Keep posting xx

Morning all, wet cold and miserable here, ( the weather, not me!)
Back to work today after long weekend. Starting to feel anxious, our boy starts uni on 13th Sept, will miss him so much, just hope I don't do my usual trick of turning to food for comfort!
Need to start planning some distraction techniques. Have a good day everyone :)

Aww I'm sure he will be fine but it must be hard to see him leave home !!!!!

Oh Sandra I know the feeling. It is horrible, but you'll find some good things about it too. I turned to food and it wasn't worth it but yeah so easy to do.

As long as he's happy and settled that's the main thing. Sending hugs. x

Hi and welcome back, I am catching up on the diaries after a few months off. I know exactly what you are feeling with your boy going away but try and embrace the next phase of life, that is what i am trying to do, after feeling sorry for myself all last year and getting nowhere with the weight loss. I have been reading positive thinking books over the summer. Best of luck

Just becoming an empty nester after 26 years of having a house full just as my oh has to go on nights too! Wednesday will be the first night we've spent apart since the brum meet up three and a half years ago.

Sent from my SM-G900F using MiniMins.com mobile app

Omg really Lisa. Ha do you remember going to pick up Linz!!!

Hi all
Put 1lb on this week, bit miffed because I thought I had been good, so I've gone and blown it by eating a white chocolate and Bailey's cheesecake, what is wrong with me!
Trying to think positively about boy going to uni, it is a new chapter but I keep thinking things will never be the same again :(

Haha Vicki, yes I do! Which uni is he going to Sandra? My youngest is at Brighton and is living such a great life so I'm really happy for him. He and his grilfiend are doing everything a 21 year old should do, and I never did lol

Oh Sandra that pound will be gone right away. I know it's hard and your right things won't be the same but just focus on if he's happy and believe me there are some good things too you just can't see if right now.

If he's in the UK remember you can get in your car and drive to see him for a weekend if your missing him and he's happy to see you and if he's not then he's have a good time. And Lisa's right he'll be doing stuff kids at his age should be doing. Hugs. x

Wow Lisa that's some record!

Last edited:
Thanks all
He is off to University Central Lancashire only approx 100 miles away so I am really lucky that he isn't very far away, I forget I went to uni and my poor old mom hardly saw me, that's probably what I'm worried about!
Lisa, he did go to Brighton for an interview but the course was Hastings campus and he really wanted Brighton.
Been good so far today food wise, cutting back on carbs, had a lovely egg salad, funny how some days the most plain and basic food really hits the spot!

Hi Sandra :wavey:
Sounds like a big change but hang in there xx

Hi all
So pleased it's Friday, has anyone got anything nice planned for the weekend? I will be buying things for the boy for uni, his list says mayonnaise , tomato ketchup, bottle opener!
Obviously the essentials for student life!!

Lol sometimes I think they would be happy with that and they forget the essentials like sheets, pillows etc. - however he will be so pleased your with your organizational skills once you leave. I left my son with a photo album kind of a 'this is your life' and he loved it.

Good luck to him and you! x

Hi, the photo album is a great thing, I did that when dd went to new york.

Might try the photo album idea, thank you. Bought him a student cook book today, it tells him basic recipes and even how to chop vegetables!!
Got weighed last night, sts bit disappointed but better than a gain.

Back