Team 2 !!!Slate your weight!!!

Welcome! This team actually is the best one, i was very exited too so your not alone! tehe!
Just wanted to add that my goal for this month is to lose 7 pounds....not sure if thats doable but im going to give it my best shot in time for my birthday!

Well my target this month is 7lb. I am going to work hard to reach it too.

The activity points I earn I have usually all ready eaten before I earn them and that i spose it what kicks me up the backside and makes me do the exercise. But if i have just earned them I keep them and dont bother eating them. I feel like it defeats the object. The first time i went swimming and worked my bum off I came out and had a galaxy ripple and after I ate it I thought 'oh well that hours swimming was a complete waste of time'. I could have just not eaten the chocolate and stayed at home in the warm instead of walking miles in the snow and freezing my boobies off walking back. I was pretty dissapointed with myself so the next time I went I walked a different way home, avoided the shop and felt fab with myself (which is a much better feeling) lol.

I am so glad I am in this team. I told my WW friend today when she came that i was in the best team ever on the internet and she just looked at me funny! lol.

Im excited for weigh in tonight because i think i might have lost 1lb this week but knowing my luck I will get htere and have gained. We'll see. I refuse to let myself worry too much about weigh ins now. lol. I used to be petrified everytime I stepped on the scales.

Oh well I'm off on my babbles again. Time to get some hosuework done I think.

Have a slating good day everyone xxx

Okay- my feb goal WAS 7lbs, however lost 5, so not too bad! This month however i'm aiming for a big 10lbs- as i'm still new on the diet!

I have weigh in later, so fingers crossed guys and i'll keep you updated...getting the nerves now! anyone else get nervous about WI day?

5lbs is brilliant! That is over 1lbs per week, which is just the average that WW is aiming for! and a good steady loss! Well done!

Good luck for your WI tonight - I am always really nervous about it, even if I have been good and know that I should've lost, but you know how these stupid female bodies work (or better, we don't know how they work), sometimes they are just more clever than we think they are.. unfortunately..

Good luck tonight!

5lbs is brilliant! That is over 1lbs per week, which is just the average that WW is aiming for! and a good steady loss! Well done!

Good luck for your WI tonight - I am always really nervous about it, even if I have been good and know that I should've lost, but you know how these stupid female bodies work (or better, we don't know how they work), sometimes they are just more clever than we think they are.. unfortunately..

Good luck tonight!

Well I lost 5.5lbs in my first week, and gained 0.5lb in my second week- so not necessarily nice and slow lol but like I said I'm still new to it all, I'd appreciate any loss really :)

I'm down for half a stone off for March. That was my goal for February and luckily I achieved it :) In total I have another 5 stone to lose by the end of the year, so if I can keep to 7lbs per month I should just about make my goal weight for Christmas Day (fingers crossed)

Have we any team challenges arranged that I have missed?

And btw, I do agree that this is by far the best team to be in. Some really good losers in this team and I am honoured to have been allowed to join it. ;)

Will update the first post from home, work was too hectic to do it properly :D

And btw, I do agree that this is by far the best team to be in. Some really good losers in this team and I am honoured to have been allowed to join it. ;)

Oh, so this was the reason why you wanted to join, always the competition in mind eh? typical man! :p

Good idea Gerry we need some inter team challenges as well Meike, G man is very good with making banners and badges/rosettes we can put him to work on that, and maybe for a start what about an inter team challenge to come up with a catchy team slogan :D

1.5lbs this week guys, 6.5lbs lost in 3 weeks...0.5lb to my half stone!!!!

Very chuffed and going off plan tonight with a takeaway :D

Just got back from Weigh-In! LOST 2lb WOOP WOOP!

Also won £5 to spend in the shop on the free monthly raffle which was nice!

I am slightly concerned about something my leader told me about tonight. Apparently if you are a member who has been there longer than 4 weeks and you lose 2lb or more for 4 consecutive weeks then you need a doctors note to say that its ok to lose that sort of weight. I personally don't think that's very fair when your overweight by as much as I am. I would be thrilled to lsoe over 2lb a week but now I have been told I cant. I don't get it and it sort of put me off. My leader is strict already with weight gains and such. It has sort of put me off going in a way. It's understandable if your only looking to lose 20lb or so but when you have as far to go as i do then it's just wrong. I think it's just a way to get people to stay with WW longer but I think alot of people are going to be like me and worry and then not go. Oh well spose I will have to see how it goes.

I like the idea of the in team challenges and Babs thats a good one. I love that I am in a team and active on the board again. x :D

Last edited:
Just got back from Weigh-In! LOST 2lb WOOP WOOP!

Also won £5 to spend in the shop on the free monthly raffle which was nice!

I am slightly concerned about something my leader told me about tonight. Apparently if you are a member who has been there longer than 4 weeks and you lose 2lb or more for 4 consecutive weeks then you need a doctors note to say that its ok to lose that sort of weight. I personally don't think that's very fair when your overweight by as much as I am. I would be thrilled to lsoe over 2lb a week but now I have been told I cant. I don't get it and it sort of put me off. My leader is strict already with weight gains and such. It has sort of put me off going in a way. It's understandable if your only looking to lose 20lb or so but when you have as far to go as i do then it's just wrong. I think it's just a way to get people to stay with WW longer but I think alot of people are going to be like me and worry and then not go. Oh well spose I will have to see how it goes.

I like the idea of the in team challenges and Babs thats a good one. I love that I am in a team and active on the board again. x :D

*puts on student nurses hat*

Your leader is technically right for giving this advice, I'm a similar weight than you and in my 3rd week, have lost a lot the first- and am now getting a steady loss! She is correct, any weightloss regardless of size after a month or so thats over the 1-2lbs reccomendation, could be an indication of a bad diet, metabolic conditions- a lot of things and certainly need medical attention!

On top of this- i'd give this advice to anyone with a BMI over 30, aswell as WW, GO SEE YOUR PRACTICE NURSE! She is now weighing me every month, so there is a medical record of my weightloss and I can see the health benefits, plus getting that professional support as well as my leader, ie this week ive been very constipated- she looked at my food plan and noticed a lack of fibre etc. Everyones weight loss journey is different- some take the M1 route, others take the scenic route- we all have different amounts to loose, different lifestyles, but we ALL need to loose it slowly, healthily and MAINTAIN!

*takes student nurse hat off*

On another note well done for loosing 2lbs!!! :D If you're really not enjoying your WW leader, try another group?

Ok from that aspect yeah its right but before I was on my diet I was tired all the time, used to have naps in the day, didn't do any exercise and was really moody. Since I have changed my diet I am so much healthier and happier and sleep alot less and can drag my backside out of bed in the morning. Prior to me joining WW I was at the doctors at least twice a month with some problem or issue I had that obviously was due to my weight. I was having blood tests, different tablets, seeing him once a fortnight and since I decided to give the dieting ago I haven't been back, so any weight loss I have had as obviously helped my health. I see no reason why a big weight loss each week would mean I am doing something wrong. If this new policy stays in place all I will prob end up doing is quitting and staying fat and going back to the doctor regularly or just eating like a pig and trying to get a gain once a month. Which is a complete waste of money and effort. I just think it's silly. I will just have to see how it goes but if I get nagged once for losing too much weight too fast or have to ask my Doctor for a note that says its ok to lose weight then I will deff have to think twice about this whole dieting thing. If i only have to provide one note for the rest of my dieting life then I am ok with that. lol.

Regarding my leader she is absolutely lovely and I really do like her. I just don't let her weigh me. I use the other woman as she doesn't intterogate you when you have a gain and just tries to make you feel a bit better about it and lets you know what you should try to help you have a loss the week after. Obviously it's my leaders job to be strict but I don't do well with being told what to do. lol. I couldn't join another group if I wanted to anyway, I have no car and can only go in the evening and whilst it's so cold and dark early still this is my safest option. lol.

Ok rant over. lol. Thanks for the input xxx

Wow i can moan and whinge! lol. Sorry all.

on the upside... GO TEAM!!!! XXX

Well I think I've heard it all now, that is a bit ridiculous how can you tell your body well you can only lose a pound this week it's just not practical we all lose at different rates some people hold on to there weight even though following the diet to the letter, while others can mess around and see great losses.

Well said Kally! I'm still all confused about it. lol

Evening!

I have just been added to this team, whoop! I'm Claire, i am in my first week. Have done WW a couple of times before with great success, but it's been creeping on over the last couple of years and this weekend i has a big burst of motivation to shift it again. Want to go on holiday in August so am aim to lose 35lbs for then.

Glad to hear i have been added to the best team, bring on the weight loss!!! :talk017:

Ok from that aspect yeah its right but before I was on my diet I was tired all the time, used to have naps in the day, didn't do any exercise and was really moody. Since I have changed my diet I am so much healthier and happier and sleep alot less and can drag my backside out of bed in the morning. Prior to me joining WW I was at the doctors at least twice a month with some problem or issue I had that obviously was due to my weight. I was having blood tests, different tablets, seeing him once a fortnight and since I decided to give the dieting ago I haven't been back, so any weight loss I have had as obviously helped my health. I see no reason why a big weight loss each week would mean I am doing something wrong. If this new policy stays in place all I will prob end up doing is quitting and staying fat and going back to the doctor regularly or just eating like a pig and trying to get a gain once a month. Which is a complete waste of money and effort. I just think it's silly. I will just have to see how it goes but if I get nagged once for losing too much weight too fast or have to ask my Doctor for a note that says its ok to lose weight then I will deff have to think twice about this whole dieting thing. If i only have to provide one note for the rest of my dieting life then I am ok with that. lol.

Regarding my leader she is absolutely lovely and I really do like her. I just don't let her weigh me. I use the other woman as she doesn't intterogate you when you have a gain and just tries to make you feel a bit better about it and lets you know what you should try to help you have a loss the week after. Obviously it's my leaders job to be strict but I don't do well with being told what to do. lol. I couldn't join another group if I wanted to anyway, I have no car and can only go in the evening and whilst it's so cold and dark early still this is my safest option. lol.

Ok rant over. lol. Thanks for the input xxx

Thats understandable, however i would definately reccomend an appointment with a practice nurse, just to weigh you in with them- so they can keep an eye on it too, after all as you mentioned your weight affected your health, as you're now loosing- as fab as that is, it's still important to monitor weight, blood pressure etc whilst doing so- Just do it a) to shut your consultant up and b) for your piece of mind, your GP's piece of mind that something is happening (gives them good figures lol) and c) so you can see the health benefits along your weight loss journey! Have you tried doing waist measurements, or waist-hip ratio's too to measure your losses?

How much are you loosing a week then? I'd say first 4-6 weeks, some can loose 4-5lbs in a female, under 40 and over 15stone..LOADS of factors affect ability to loose weight such as current weight, height, physical lifestyle..smoker, age etc, the calorie intake and output should settle down, to 1-2lbs though after this time once excess fluid is lost

Welcome to the team Claire. BTW I love your screen name. It's so cute. lol. 35lb before August is going to be super easy for you while your here with all these lovely, helpful, motivated wonders of the forum. I have stuck with it for 6 weeks and I can honestly say I think I would have quit after week two if it wasn't for the help they have all given me. We got the good guys to help us out. lol.

NN89 - I will deff make an appointment to see the nurse especially now you pointed out it will shut my leader up lol. Thanks for all the advice, and I'm so happy we got a health insider on our team, no doubt I will bug you every once in a while with questions. lol. I bet I could roll out loads now but I wanna break the ice gently and not take a sledge hammer to our potential friendship pmsl. Thanks and now I have been fed I am in a much better understanding mood. lol. x

Hi everybody

Congratulations to the team members who have lost weight this week, (Go the Slaters)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I am delighted with my ww leader, he believes that everybody loses weight at different rates, he thinks around 1 or 2 pound weight loss is great a week, and the odd 3 pounds every now and again is fine, unless you were losing large amounts each week then he would get worried. My challenge for this month is to lose 7lbs. Hopefully we will all get our silver 7 by the end of March.

Going to get to goal!!!!!!!!!!

Back