Slendertone Belt

Greeneyes11

Gold Member
I am thinking of getting one of these, I have had 10 children and my abs and stomach are not what they once were, but I dont want to spend out this money if it is not going to work.... so have any of you tried these and do they work? I am fed up with my flabby bits hanging over the top of my trousers.... lol

can't help re the belt... but 10 kids!?!?

Thats amazing and terrifying to me in equal measure :D

Think Tilly has a slendertone and she loves it, perhaps she would be able to tell you a bit more? Also search for slendertone on the main board, pretty sure theres a thread kicking about in there.

10 kids?! Wow!!

Am interested to hear if the Slendertone works too, sorry I am no help ;) xx

Have just found a post on the fitness board and someone has said she has had one for 2 weeks and it seems to be working... think I might just get one, then I can let you all know how well it works... lol

Re Belt

I bought one about 5 weeks ago and use it every day. It has worked a little but only I can tell the difference but I have been doing other exercise as well. Also I go through a set of batteries about once a week. Its not a miracle worker and you would probably be better off and it would be cheaper to get something that helps you do sit ups.
Hope this helps x

Well done on the fantastic weight loss, and well done on the 10 children. Your house must be a lovely happy one! I am trying to talk hubby into number 4, I love seeing my children running around together and I only have 3. 4th would be the last one though, the house isn't big enought for more and I am getting on a bit.

I bought a slendertone belt the last time I was on CD. I used it religiously and I find it works. When I started CD this time around 9 weeks ago, I had forgotten about it. But .......... I have been using it now for about 4 weeks. I love it, it does work. I have bought new pads for mine which I will try out tonight as I think the current was a bit weak. I can use mine in the 80's, but like I say, maybe the current was weak. Definately worth the money.

I was looking at slendertone on argos and the full abs system description said "20 minute session with System Abs belt equivalent to doing 120 crunches"

for £118 i think i'll just do the crunches, since losing the weight mean we will all be fitter and can train to get the flat stomach

i have one and got hubby one but we have only had them about a week he has noticed toning but he does do 200 sits ups a day as well but he had been doing those for about 2 years but it's only now with the belt his getting more defined

me well not real difference after a week i am only up to 32!! wimp me !

10 Children? :eek: Bless you!

I struggled with 2! :p

I had a slendertone belt. I liked it for as long as i used it, but it is uncomfortable and after a while i just could not be bothered. I gave mine away, nearly new, on Freecycle! :rolleyes:

Sweetie after 10 children you dont need a belt you need a medal!

Only joking but im tired out after just having 1!!

Ive got a slendertone belt and the shorts for the thighs and bum and i think they are great!

I got mine on ebay and the whole sets were £35 each!

Hope this helps

Looby xxx

I dont have a slendertone but WOW on the 10 children. I have 4 and that is hard going. In an ideal world i would love 10 children..

I do use mine religously, But unlike others I don't exercise.....
I find it is helping and if you look at my waist I have lost 6.5" in 9 weeks...
I think that has something to do with the machine!

I am too knackered to do aerobic stuff and due to a back injury and ongoing problems, i dont do sit ups etc.... I know others that sue it and dont exercise...
I am going to get an arm one as soon as I can afford it!

x

I just bought one in the sale (half price, on their website), and it seems to be going ok, fingers crossed, I bought the active one, so I use it when walking the dogs, and it records when I am walking at the proper speed for maximum fat burn which is good. I also bought the arm bits to go with it, in hopes that it gets rid of the bingo wings... that might take a while, but worth a try.

before nayone gets dissapointed they say that if you are very overweight, it doesnt take away the fat but tightens the muscles underneat, so you might not see much of a difference but the muscles will tighten and should be visible when the fat coverage has gone :)

Am hoping so anyway

x

I've got one - it does work at tightening up the muscles underneath, and isn't uncomfortable to use. Was using mine regularly before CD but for some reason I can't fathom I 'forgot it existed' once I'd started CD!?! I now feel a little guilted out and will trot off to find it - it may as well be put to work as I'm sat here on this forum!

Well I went out and bought the Flexmax one so it does stronger thingies... and have used it today, I could really feel my stomach muscles contracting, but not really sure about my waist ones, maybe I did'nt have it in the right place but as I had already paused it once to find my stomach muscles, I didn't want to stop again for my waist ones, will have another go at getting it right tomorrow.
Any hints Tillyfloss, as to be quite honest I have no idea where these muscles are and if they even exist anymore... lol

to be honest my tummy is very flabby... so I put it roughly where i think it is right.... the muscles are all interconnected around the abdomen area so I think you will be fine.
I have the flex max too, but to get the arm one i need a controller too but still havent found an arm thingy with the controller and am not buying another abdo belt just to get a controller.

x

Thanks for that, maybe one day I will actually be able to see the muscles... Can you not use the same controller as the abs one for the arms one, that would save some money... I thought I read somewhere that you couldn't use more than one at a time anyway, maybe I am wrong about that, I read lots of things...

Last edited:
Back