Slendertone

Mia

Skinny girl in a fat body
Hi everyone

As I am new to the site I have been reading through the posts. I came across one from Icemoose about slendertone max. I went straight out this afternoon and bought one, but think I've bought the wrong one:cry:. It's called Slendertone System and cost a whopping £119:(. I've tried it and it seems OK but would hate to have spent that amount of money just to get something which isn't as good as the one Icemoose recommended. Does anyone know about these products? Can anyone reassure me that it's gonna do the trick?

Mia

Hi Mia

I think it looks like you have bought an even better one. It is probably just the latest version. I remember the thread and Icemoose recommended the Max because it was the most powerful. The system now says it is the most powerful so it looks like the Max has been superseded. Hope you get great results and enjoy using the belt.

Dizzy x

Slenderton

Thanks Dizzy

Was nearly cyring whenI realised it was a different version. You've put my mind at rest. If I wasn't soooooo lazy I would be out running like you but to be honestI don't feel as if I have the energy!! Is this normal? Last year I was a real gym bunny and last 3 stone but got ill and had to stop exercising. I can't seem to get back in the swing so took the lazy person's option instead:)

Mia

Unfortunately my running is on hold due to a tendon injury. But I do 10 minutes of ab exercises at the gym and finding it helps. Need to lose a little more lard to know for sure and I guess there may be only so much I can do having had 3 huge baby boys.

I also got a slendertone but am uncertain how good it will be it's called slendertone active and I guess it's not as powerful as the max and system haven't tried it yet thought I'd see how the exercise works out first.

What diet are you on and at what stage? It may not be advisable to do a lot of exercise at the moment especially as you have been ill. If you have been a regular exerciser in the past I know you would get back into the swing just as I did.

I spent 10 years getting fatter and having my family before doing CD and losing the weight. I didn't start exercising again until I was at goal and was really nervous. I shouldn't have been I am really enjoying it and quite addicted. I would say I am probably the fittest I have ever been and was pretty fit in my early 20's too.

I don't think you are a lazy person, don't think that way. Let me know how you find the slendertone as I'm interested.

Dizzy x

Dizzy

I started CD on 31st May so I am in my 3rd week now. I've lost 16.75 lb so far. I was pretty fit last year, but found out I had cervical cancer so had a hysterectomy in January this year. Getting back to normal now and can't use my operation as an excuse anymore:). But ......... I don't feel as if I have the energy on this diet. Don't want to spend £40 a month to join the gym and have to pack in after a few weeks coz I don't feel up to it!! Dunno what to do coz I've got 3 hols planned for the rest of this year, the last one being the most important to me. I MUST do something but don't know what:confused::confused:

ive got one of the slendertone belts, some are for women and some are for men, the one i got was £50 in argos and is ok for both me and hubby, like dizzy said you've got a much better one with the one u bought, and also if u need replacement pads, not sure which one you have tbh slendertones website had an offer on them 3 for 2 or summat and i recieved them in 3 days :D

So sorry to hear of your cancer and hysterectomy. Pleased you are feeling that you are getting back to normal now. I think you are doing absolutely the right thing focusing on your diet only now. Especially if you are on a VLCD I did not feel at all guilty about doing no exercise. In fact I pampered myself in every way possible.

Suggest you do the same it is a great opportunity to be really lazy and not have to feel guilty.

Which diet are you on Mia?

Dizzy x

Hiya Dizzy

I'm doing Cambridge Diet. I'm quite pleased with it but suffered horrendous hunger pangs at first (still do sometimes to be honest). I've lost 16 3/4 pounds in 3 weeks. I am finding this site a godsend because it occupies my mind. I am just nibbling on my peanut bar at the minute coz I forgot about it lol. Just hope I loose the next 2.5 stone as easy. I'm 12st 7.5lb at the moment and want to be 10 (then 9)

Mia

You will do brilliantly on the Cambridge Diet and in no time at all. In a few months you will be back to the old self you always dreamed of being!;)

I'll be watching out for you.:)

Dizzy x

I've not been on the site for a few days (coz I am cheating and feel terrible even reading the posts) and I saw a few posts about Slendertone. I have bumped up the post I started a couple of months ago if that's any help. I used it every day until I went to Poland and I was really pleased with the results. You can feel the muscles working. I just need to get back into the swing of things and I will start using it again. So, to cut a long story short, I like the type I bought and yes, I would buy it again as I feel it does work x

Hi Mia,

Can you tell us a bit more about the Slendertone System you have? What different parts of the body does it tone?

Cheers! xx

Hiya Bagpuss

It is a belt designed for the stomach (after typing my previous post I put it on and I love the feel of it working). However, it's got this attachment with the timer, the level etc that you connect to it. This attachment can attach to the other slendertone system products you buy eg. shorts. This means that you can just buy the shorts and not the actual attachment (coz you've already got it). To be honest my middle is my problem area, I was going to try the shorts but decided not to bother coz my bum isn't too bad. It's good if you want to buy the other products I suppose, but I like it anyway coz, and I may be wrong, it is the more up to date version and a bit stronger. It's good, it's expensive and as you have read I panicked a bit in case I got the wrong one, but I am pleased with it x

Thanks Mia! Right, that does it - I'm getting it! There's another Slendertone thread somewhere where a few of us were debating the cheapest way to get the system control that fitted into things like the shorts and arm bands, and this looks like the one.

I SO need the shorts!!! :D

Good luck. The sensation takes a bit getting used to at first but, not in a perv sort of way, its quite nice lol. I wouldn't however recommend actually sitting on it to work your bum (but if you do, let me know what happens ha ha) x

Good luck. The sensation takes a bit getting used to at first but, not in a perv sort of way, its quite nice lol. I wouldn't however recommend actually sitting on it to work your bum (but if you do, let me know what happens ha ha) x

OMG. I'm not even touching that one. LMAO! x

hi Mia, you have come so far, look at your ticker...wow, you will be at goal soon. forget the prawns etc,,(I read your other post) it's not like you went to the chippy and got deep fried prawns in batter!! I wouldnt worry about it. COme on now...one final push before your hols and then when you get back, ss again or even do 790, a lot of peeps have moved to 790 recently.

Mia, where did you get your £120 slendertone from and what is the name of it exactly??

hope you have a good evening..it's almost nearly over. xxx sj

Hi Sophia Jo LMAO at your comment about the chippy he he.

It's called "Slendertone System Abs" and its got the word "Interchangeable" on the box. This is to highlight the fact that you have the thingy that attaches to the other products, therefore saving you money if you ever want to buy the other things that attach to the thingy. OMG I am soooo technical, it must be all those lush nutrients I am consuming lol

I got it from Argos a couple of months ago x

aaawwww, just as technical as me hun LOL :D

Thanks for the info Mia, I did look on the Argos website yesterday but have slept since then so have no clue of the ones they have in stock :eek: I'll be sure to get myself onto the website again before I head of to bed in a few minutes.

So...thanks again...there are a few of us who will no doubt get one of these thingies now....:D

good luck for tomorrow Mia....it's bloody hard work isnt it?? We can do it, and like you say...minimins helps us so much....have you ever been on the daily thread??? WHAT??? did you say NO??? if you did then a smack on the bum for you...:whoopass: the daily is what you need to keep you on the straight and narrow....we start a new one daily,(funny that isn't it) whoever is up first....... looking forward to seeing you there:D

night night, sleep tight xxxx sj

Thanks Dizzy

Was nearly cyring whenI realised it was a different version. You've put my mind at rest. If I wasn't soooooo lazy I would be out running like you but to be honestI don't feel as if I have the energy!! Is this normal? Last year I was a real gym bunny and last 3 stone but got ill and had to stop exercising. I can't seem to get back in the swing so took the lazy person's option instead:)

Mia

I know exactly what you mean. A few years ago 3-4 I lost a lot of weight (4st) and became a real gym bunny, 3 hrs a day every day! I LOVED IT! The gym was my life. Now I've put back on a stone and just don't have the motivation to get back to my old ways and I hate myself for it, but feel somehow unable to get back to it... :(

Back