Slightly confused!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Makeithappen, 9 March 2011 Social URL.

1. Makeithappen

Makeithappen New Member

Start Weight:
    15st11lb
    Current Weight:
    15st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.81%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi all,

Started CD just over two weeks ago and I'm slightly confused by the messages I'm getting from my body!

I've followed it 100% but I still have a rumbly tum. And yet when I sit down to eat my pack, after a couple of spoons, I really struggle to eat the rest, I feel full and the thought of continuing to eat almost makes me gag!

Has anyone else experienced the same and if so, any advice on how to get over this?

Thanks for listening!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. laura269

laura269 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st2lb(33.03%)
    Diet:
    CD
    I've only had this when I haven't liked the pack (ie all the porridges I hate and can't have!) Do you enjoy all the packs? I'm only on day 7 and am getting a pretty good idea as to what I like now and will stick to those rather than the ones I don't like xx

4. Surfhunny

Surfhunny Laugh in the face of food

Start Weight:
    17st11lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2lb(17.67%)
    Diet:
    Cambidge Diet
    I still get a rumbly tum too. Mine is most often caused by drinking fizzy water :eek: BUT another cause for tummy rumblings and hunger type pangs is that the stomach still produces acid and digestive juices, regardless of whether it's been fed real food or shakes. It functions automatically in anticipation of a meal. So although you're in ketosis and real hunger isn't an issue false hunger can still be a problem, but it helps you to identify that all tummy rumblings and hunger type pangs aren't always related to actually being hungry.

The only time I ever pay any attention to these feelings is if it's approaching meal times, when it's probably genuine hunger! Hope this helps x

5. Setas

Setas Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st9lb
    Current Weight:
    17st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1lb(10.55%)
    Diet:
    CD
    try splitting your shakes in 2 and having 6 a day - confuses that rumbly tum anticipating a meal nicely - and easier to cope with 1/2 a pack sometimes!

6. Makeithappen

Makeithappen New Member

Start Weight:
    15st11lb
    Current Weight:
    15st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.81%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Thanks everyone - some great advice there!

I particularly like the splitting the packs idea - that makes great sense.

On a lighter note, I worried myself slightly last night - I was feeding the cat and as I was dishing up his food, I caught myself think, "Mmm, this smells really appetising!" Puss better watch out, I may be attacking his bowl soon!

7. Setas

Setas Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st9lb
    Current Weight:
    17st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1lb(10.55%)
    Diet:
    CD
    bleugh!

8. Caroline83

Caroline83 Full Member

Start Weight:
    22st9lb
    Current Weight:
    21st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(7.26%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet (Restart post baby)
    Confesion time - I thought the same thing about the dog's food the other night for a slip second :D

Can definatly recomend half a product at I time a rarely have a full one can't stomach it.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.