Slightly disappointed

Aww we all have blips hon. You need to keep at it 100% and you should see it come off next week. Our bodies don't know we want it to lose the weight by a specific day!

Half an ib is still a loss! ill be pleased if i can lose that this week, have been repeatedly standing on the scales, very bad me, and so dissapointed

All those 0.5lbs add up ya know! One thing I have leant on my SW journey is that I cannot judge what my WI is going to like. Every single week I have stuck to plan, counted every single syn that has passed my lips since day one and you will see from my signature that each week is completely different, some weeks i had a small gain which to this day, i don't know the reason why

There are sooooo many contributing factors that affect our weight loss. Try not to let it get you down, stick with the plan and you will be rewarded you'll see

I'm disappointed too , scales not shifted for 4 days & yesterday I wasn't feeling very hungry so didn't eat a great deal , today a lb heavier !????????? How does that work ??
Am officially going to SW today even though this is my 3rd week at home doing it !!!
Wish me luck , you can tell I'm dedicated as I'm actually getting up early on my day off to go !!! Groan !!!!!

I'm disappointed too , scales not shifted for 4 days & yesterday I wasn't feeling very hungry so didn't eat a great deal , today a lb heavier !????????? How does that work ??
Am officially going to SW today even though this is my 3rd week at home doing it !!!
Wish me luck , you can tell I'm dedicated as I'm actually getting up early on my day off to go !!! Groan !!!!!

People say a similar thing time and time again. The simple answer is if you don't like the results you get from weighing yourself constantly then please don't do it. The only WI that counts is the one at your group anyway so by constantly weighing and getting different results you're just giving yourself unneccesary stress.

Jaq said:
People say a similar thing time and time again. The simple answer is if you don't like the results you get from weighing yourself constantly then please don't do it. The only WI that counts is the one at your group anyway so by constantly weighing and getting different results you're just giving yourself unneccesary stress.

Agreed. Constant weighing can seriously mess up your weightloss. The scales at sw cost £2000 and are very high quality. Trust those over the ones you have at home. Weight fluctuates massively, so weighing at home usually does nothing except stress you out.

I know its a loss everyone and i am pleased just so disappointing after a great first week. This week i will be aiming for 4lb
Claire
xx

People often find that week 2 they don't get a big loss or the sts. It's your body's natural reaction to losing a lot in the first week. You see it on programmes like Biggest Loser all the time.

I don;t want to rain on your parade but aiming for 4lb is perhaps being over-optimistic and setting yourself up for another disappointment. I don't know how much you have to lose so can't say whether a 4lb loss is realistic or not but perhaps aim for 2lb and anything else is a bonus.

1/2lb is a good steady loss, think of the size of a half lb block of butter or lard, don't be dissapointed, they all add up, and if you lose the weight slower it is easier to keep it off xx

Got to be harsh here - you need to get some perspective. There is NOTHING wrong with a half pound loss, its entirely normal.

Looking at my stats I have lost half a pound or nothing at all or even gained on nine WI's. NINE. I have also lost only 1 pound on six WI's. So far I have lost almost seven and a half stone in less than a year. It is the average and the long term that matters - anything less than an average over at least a month is meaningless.

ermintrude said:
Got to be harsh here - you need to get some perspective. There is NOTHING wrong with a half pound loss, its entirely normal.

Looking at my stats I have lost half a pound or nothing at all or even gained on nine WI's. NINE. I have also lost only 1 pound on six WI's. So far I have lost almost seven and a half stone in less than a year. It is the average and the long term that matters - anything less than an average over at least a month is meaningless.

I couldn't agree with this more. This is why the slimming world website doesn't give you an estimated target date until 4 weeks weigh in.

Throw your scales away! My weight fluctuates by 2-6 lbs every day depending on so many different factors. I was literally weighing everytime I was within 2 feet of the scales and even though I told myself it didn't matter, if things didn't go the way I wanted I got disheartened.

Slimming world is designed as a life change to maintain not a quick fix diet. This means that sometimes our weight loss may not be exactly what we want but at least it's a loss! :)

Sorry to be un-realistic and too big expectations, this is just a trate of mine. Im always giving myself a hard time.
I will change my weekly target to 2lbs and be happy with any loss :). This is a life style change I have over three stone to loose so i know im in it for the long haul.

Onwarsds and upwards and mind state changed thank you all your hard and harshness is just what i needed.

Thanks Claire
xx

clairebear83 said:
Sorry to be un-realistic and too big expectations, this is just a trate of mine. Im always giving myself a hard time.
I will change my weekly target to 2lbs and be happy with any loss :). This is a life style change I have over three stone to loose so i know im in it for the long haul.

Onwarsds and upwards and mind state changed thank you all your hard and harshness is just what i needed.

Thanks Claire
xx

You're not the only one and I'm glad you took harsh words as they were meant - to be helpful.
I also have just over 3 stone to lose (3 stone 3.5 to be exact) and 6 months ago I was setting targets of 3lbs per week then beating myself when I didn't achieve up so I put on the stone I had lost the 3 months previous.
This year I have given myself a good talking to and worked really hard to sort my head out. I'm no where near there but 4 weeks in I'm finally in a place where I can set myself targets, I just hope that I don't get too caught up in them.

Good luck. Xxx

Back