slim and save cost

auntieknickers

I'm on my fourth week of slim a save and i have just ordered a months supply, before i place my order all i could think about was how much it was costing me :confused: but when i worked out what i used to spend my money on in a month i was shocked

Chinese every Friday = £20x4 = £80 :eek: (which the rest of the family dont have now that i cook for them)
sw fee = £4:95 x 4 = £19.80
total =
£99.80 :eek:
not including popping to the shop for sweets! (as i always cheated on sw)
so realy slim and save is only costing me an extra £25.19 per month compared to what i used to spend :D
:party0011: :woohoo::woohoo: :wee:
even more of an insentive to keep losing the weight :D

It's such a good idea to work it out like that, I may have to steal that idea and work out how much its probably saving me and I can put that amount towards all the new smaller clothes that I will need eventually!

I had a take out maybe once a month, so 20 pounds but then i would spend 60 pounds on food shopping a week (live on my own so a lot of it went to waste).

Don't know how long i am going to do S&S for but i will be saving at least 100 pounds a month and that all is going to my gym membersship!

It's much cheaper than food! I spent 100 quid last month. Which is a lot less than good, fruit, the odd meals out and Starbucks trips!

Good for the wallet too LOL

auntieknickers said:
I'm on my fourth week of slim a save and i have just ordered a months supply, before i place my order all i could think about was how much it was costing me :confused: but when i worked out what i used to spend my money on in a month i was shocked

Chinese every Friday = £20x4 = £80 :eek: (which the rest of the family dont have now that i cook for them)
sw fee = £4:95 x 4 = £19.80
total = £99.80 :eek:
not including popping to the shop for sweets! (as i always cheated on sw)
so realy slim and save is only costing me an extra £25.19 per month compared to what i used to spend :D
:party0011: :woohoo::woohoo: :wee:
even more of an insentive to keep losing the weight :D

But that calculation doesn't include all the rest of the food you ate in a week! Cos I'm sure you didn't just eat once a week ;) lol so even more of a saving x

I know i didn't include my normal shop because i still do that for the hubbie And kids but the only reason we would have a takeaway is if i want to get it lol

auntieknickers said:
I know i didn't include my normal shop because i still do that for the hubbie And kids but the only reason we would have a takeaway is if i want to get it lol

Yeah but you still wouldn't spend as much for them as you did when it included you :D

Not to mention the other £100 a month I spent on :party0016::party0016::party0016:

Stupid wine!!!

Lol... x

I would end up going to sainsbuyrs after work every day and spend like 3 pound on choc and sweets, and sometimes more, and all my pay cheque would end up going on food!

I used to eat so much!!!!!!! I'm embaressed when I think about it!!!!!

: (

X

same here the kids are in shock because they still have sweets and crisps in their draw lol

I must have saved about £60 in about 2 weeks on eating out and junk that I would grab at lunchtime/on my way home from work. The other half is feeling it too, since we aren't eating out or getting takeaways he saves money and eats better too.

i know its mad how much you save and id put off starting due to 'cost' :doh:

i know its mad how much you save and id put off starting due to 'cost' :doh:

I did exactly the same, once I sat down and worked it out though I realised that my days meals were about the same cost as I was splashing out on a sandwich and snacks at work everyday. Wish I had done the maths earlier!

Back