slim and save foodpacks

nikkii63

Hi,
Im just about to purchase a months supply of slim and save, is there anyone out there that likes the cottage pie please? ive read mixed reports and dont want to order lots if its really unpallatable, any other recommendations of which of the meals are tastiest would be really gratefully received.
Thanks
Nikki

If you're not sure what to get it might be worth getting the sample pack first so you can try things out and then ordering the months supply. We can tell you what we personally do and don't like what what some of us love others hate and visa versa. You'll only know when you try them for yourself.

I used to make it up with a bit of bouillion in the water and add plenty of pepper.... over brocc or cauli its nice!!

I thought so anyways!!!

X

I though cottage pie would be gross after reading comments so didn't order many but I really liked it and now wish I had ordered more. Bit like baby food but tastes nice with added seasoning and veggies.

I think its worth getting some to try.... even if its just the welcome taste of something different!!!

x

Your tastes change too as you go along, and the packs can be very different depending on how much water you use to make them up. I for one love cottage pie, a friend got lots based on that and ended up giving them to me cause he couldn't bear them. I started off making all my packs wrong as my measuring jug was a long way out ( a Pyrex too), oatmeal and cottage pie in particular are very different with less water :)

I hate the cottage pie! But I'm willing to try it now following the suggestions here of using bouillon. Cheers ladies!

My personal favorite is the spicy spag bol - that's all I live on when i STICK to the diet.

i really like the cottage pie with mashed swede... its one of only two that i like! I usually put some worcestershire sauce and a bit of extra pepper in it, and i also usually let it soak in the water whilst the veg is cooking... its good comfort food! :)

You can buy a sample of any pack you have never ordered before for 99p I believe - probably worth doing as they don't take returns if you don't like a particular pack. If you've never ordered any packs before then get the taster pack which has 28 different pack flavours for around £28.

Thanks all for your help and suggestions, just for the record i loved the cottage pie lol!!! all the best of luck to you all with your weight loss journeys xx

oh the cottage pie is one of my favs, it has to be said it doesn't look that great but tastes fine and I tend to have it most nights for tea, I'm a bit limited as I don't like soup or curry type dishes so I tend to have the cottage pie or spag bol on top of the shakes and a daily bar. I guess we each have such different tastes I found ordering the sample pack so useful as for example there were some packs I assumed I would love and others I would hate and my assumptions weren't always correct for example I ordered a hazelnut shake thinking I would love it as I love the hazelnut taste and I hated the shake whereas I don't like caramel flavoured things in general but love the caramel shake which is weird, its an each to their own I guess. Em

Back