Slim and save newbie - advice please x

glendale

Hello everyone I have received my weeks pack of slim and save and am starting on Monday - I tried Lipotrim at the beginning of summer but only managed a few weeks. I lost weight fine but struggled with all the events I had been invited to coz I felt excluded. I am looking forward to starting, am glad I have made a decision to lose some weight by xmas and feel pretty confident !

One small issue - I have tried the spag bol and the mild curry and have NEVER tasted anything so utterly gross in my life - I even made a second helping coz I was thought I may have a rogue pack :eek: !! The sad thing is I am very disappointed because the main reason I thought S & S would be so much better for me was because I could have just the one meal with my family and the meals would make me "feel" like I was eating ! I do like the shakes but feel like I am pretty much going back on Lipotrim coz I will be having mainly shakes !!

If anyone has any suggestions how I can disguise that overwhelming taste that reminds me of neat sweetner or any other tips id be most grateful. I have the spicy soup and a cheesy pasta too !!

I am looking to lose 3 maybe 3.5 stone altogether but am planning to have a break at xmas

Thanks for reading xxx

Glendale why don't you try having 3 packs plus the protein meal then you can have a meal with your family every night, the weight loss is no different.

This week i am alternating between the two plans so some days ive had 4 packs then on others ive had 3 plus the meal like a ham salad, egg salad and now tonight I think I'm going for an omelette, it let's me feel like im not missing out, especially at the weekends when we usually have take away :)

I'm afraid like you I'm not a fan of many of the packs with the exception of the spicy spaghetti, I think they all have the same after taste x

Thank you for replying x
I thought we were only allowed 200g of certain veg and 100g of certain meat ? I am not a vegetable lover - unless I over cook broccoli and cauliflower and mash it up with garlic and a little cheese :)
I am rather excited that I can have a ham salad and omelette lol how did you discover this as id love more details ? xx

Yeah like Tracey says the protein meals are a good option. The list of veggies you can have is verrrrrrry long so there's bound to be some bits on there you can stomach? I have omelettes 2 or 3 times a week! Yum yum and use swede as a potato replacement.
The recipe thread is good. Stuffed mushrooms and stuffed peppers. Mmmmm.
Have a good mooch through the food list on the s+s website and also look at recipes and I'm sure you'll find a way to be creative with your evening meals.
I've recently made pancakes with the porridge packs.
Good luck and am excited for you! :)

Oh forgot to say - swede chips! Yum yum!
Plus you're allowed coke zero too which is a nice little treat!! Xx

Glendale you can browse the database list on the website but it's 200g veg from the list + 100g of protein from the list which can be 2 eggs :)

So one night I had lettuce, spring onion & wafer thin ham, the next I had lettuce, spring onion & 2 eggs, but omelettes are on my menu all the time and you can add any veg from the list my fav is mushroom!! yum yum :)

Some people even like combining food with packs like a chicken breast with the mild curry pack etc, but go on and browse the database and you can make up your own combinations x

Thanks for the replies (0:
I just had a look at the food planner, I can have 3 shakes, egg white and bacon for breakfast or lunch and an omelette with ham or cheese for tea and still be in the zones !!
I saw we can have milk allowance - do we have to record it in the planner ?
Are we allowed garlic salt ? Or cheese ?
Sorry for all the questions - going shopping in a bit and wanna make sure I am prepared ! Xx

Oh and sweet potato lol can we have that ? Xx

Hi Glendale,

Your on the right track but you couldn't have egg white & Bacon then omelette on the same day cause it's 100g of meat or 2 eggs per day so you can't have both, well i suppose you could divide it and have 1 egg & 50g of bacon although I don't know what size of omelette you'd get from 1 egg!! lol :)

And no to sweet potato, too many carbs :(

I'm not sure about garlic salt but we can have salt so you'd need to check the planner.

And we can have 1 Babybel light cheese.

And we can have 150ml milk per day, semi-skimmed or skimmed but everything must be added to the planner as it all ads up, unfortunately :D x

Tracyx

Hey Tracy just wondering how your getting on ? I ended up starting on Tuesday and I know I shouldn't but I have hopped on the dreaded scales and have lost 7lb already. I have tweaked things a bit and am finding it pretty easy to stick to - haven't come out of the calorie or ketosis zone once although I have thought about it a few times lol
I got a stinking cold so been laying in bed all day and its TOTM so I cannot believe I haven't ate my way through the cupboards today ! Last night my hubby got chicken and chips and ate it in the car whilst I was driving, whilst I was waiting for him I was planning to buy some chicken from the kebab shop but then just drove off feeling bloody marvellous about myself coz take away's are my downfall and what got me into this trouble in the first place lol
I was just reading your thread about ketosis and I never got a positive result whilst I was on Lipotrim but I have decided that as long as I am losing at least 2lb a week then I am sticking to what I am doing !

I am staying at my mums at the end of the month for a couple of nights so gonna have two nights off to allow me to go out for a meal but I will try and just have shakes during the day and chose something sensible for dinner. The weekend after is my daughters birthday so I will allow myself another day off then. Then after that I am gonna have a straight run to the 21st Dec when I am hoping to get into some smaller clothes for my xmas party !! xxx

Glendale that is fantastic well done and especially at the TOTM too :)

Well when I started i lost the initial water weight in the first few days then nothing for the next 5 days which is why i started testing and got all negative tests so then I switched to the lifestyle plan and since then I have been having 3 packs a day plus the low carb meal and I have been in ketosis every day since. Today was my 2nd weigh-in and I lost 3lbs, i know some people are looking for more than that each week but that means ive lost 11lbs in 2wks which is far more than I could ever loss at WW or dieting on my own so I'm very happy with that :).

Don't talk to me about takeaways because I'm the takeaway queen normally having at least 2 a week which were mainly Chinese, but I am also partial to Donner kebabs and chip shop food im not really fussy ;).

I'm not going to lie and say once I get to my goal weight my takeaway days are over cause I'd be lying but I will cut back and re-evaluate my portion sizes as I know that is my weakness as for me a normal Chinese would be a beef curry, with fried rice, chips and prawn crackers and sometimes even a few onion rings, I'm never content with just eating a small amount.

Your doing the right thing allowing yourself the odd night off as I think that's what keeps us 100% the rest of the time, it's my birthday next Monday and I originally wasn't going to give myself the day off plan but I know I would only end up being cranky and have a miserable birthday so im going to take it off, I just have to decide what to have. My o/h wants to take me out somewhere nice but I honestly would rather just go see a film then have a nice Chinese because with a 3yr old in the house a few hrs of adult time doing anything other than watching cBeebies is bliss, I don't need anything fancy :) xx

Last edited:
Hey I must inform you that you have met your match - I won't let you take my title away easily lolol My Indian consists of one of the square tin take away dishes filled with the most soggy greasy little fries which are my absolute fav and if anyone tries to take one my fork is a permanent fixture in the back of their hand ! Then I have a tikka balti, pilau rice, 4 popadoms and dips, onion bahji, keema naan and sag aloo !! Before I met my husband if anyone asked me if I wanted to go out for a meal id look at them as if they had 8 heads and sound thoroughly disgusted that they even asked when I replied - no of course not !! My idea of a take away was egg fried rice and curry sauce and that would be 2 meals for me ! As I am now used to wanting to eat out every night and have happily eaten 2 or 3 take always in a day I find that hard to believe I was like that but my best mate assures me it's true ! The result is I have drawers and boxes of lovely clothes, some new which I can't even squeeze into any more ! I tried every diet going but these days I'm just in love with food - I only discovered rose wine thanks to my husband - which I now think is my god given right to drink every time I have any bad day ! The best was LT but I got chest infection and had to stop but it was very strict and so far from my home I'd of given up soon enough anyway. S&S has been like a breath of fresh air compared to that and I have been finding it easy. But, today I feel so grotty with this cold all I wanna do is eat and I don't really care what - I just wanna eat !!! This is the 2nd day I felt like this and I don't know how I'm going to last. (0: Xxxx

Hi Glendale,

I definitely think I have met my match so we can share the title!! :)

How are you feeling today?, please please don't give up I know its an awful diet to be on when your ill especially for foodies like us but you will feel much worse if you have a binge :(

Im on day 17 and doing good as I havnt had any urges to eat yet but only because I know I am having next Monday off for my birthday so its keeping me strong :D, I have became very reliant on hot chocolate (hot chocolate shakes) and ive just realised ive ran out!! :( so ive just put in an emergency order for another 28 sachets so ill need to stay strong and use up a few of my other milkshake packs until they arrive tomorrow.

Tracyx

Last edited:
Hey Tracy
I had a couple of relaxed days coz I think being on the diet didn't help my immune system which isn't the best anyway. I'm feeling better cold and aching body wise but am really struggling with my chest and asthma.
I'm back on plan today - I didn't go too mad just had ready brek in morning and more meat than I should have and kept carbs to a minimum.
I put a lb on but not too fussed about that and glad I'm back on plan (0:
How you getting on ??
Xxx

Yeah like Tracey says the protein meals are a good option. The list of veggies you can have is verrrrrrry long so there's bound to be some bits on there you can stomach? I have omelettes 2 or 3 times a week! Yum yum and use swede as a potato replacement.
The recipe thread is good. Stuffed mushrooms and stuffed peppers. Mmmmm.
Have a good mooch through the food list on the s+s website and also look at recipes and I'm sure you'll find a way to be creative with your evening meals.
I've recently made pancakes with the porridge packs.
Good luck and am excited for you! :)

Hey hun do u just eat the skin on the swede or can we eat any part? Interesting! Im thinking of baking them into chips with chilli flakes, paprika and a bit of sea salt. Xx

Not the skin hun just the flesh of the swede.
Swede chips are yum!!

Sorry, trigger happy finger hit the send button! I meant to add that if you boil the swede chips first before popping them in the oven it's quicker xx

Hey hun do u just eat the skin on the swede or can we eat any part? Interesting! Im thinking of baking them into chips with chilli flakes, paprika and a bit of sea salt. Xx

Book says flesh... I took that to mean skin off.. It's hard and nasty anyway...

Back