Slim by summer and for good....

Day 4 pt 1

According to the pee sticks I'm in ketosis :):):)
And down to 12st 9.8lbs today :woohoo:
Hoping for less hunger today fingers crossed.

I can't be in keto I'm sitting here thinking how much I would love to get stuck into a greggs mince pie. They coupled with prosecco and cheese are the main reason I'm here. Damn they taste good though.

Wow your losses are amazing I've lost the grand total of a whole 1/4lb.

Well it's purely water at the moment I would imagine. I'm sure when you get into it that it will be dropping off you.

I hope so; need it to start going soon before my motivation dwindles.

Don't give up! Just give it a while longer, as long as you stay on plan it will work.

Day 4

Food
Breakfast - smoked salmon, scrambled egg, avocado
Midmorning - scratchings
Lunch - Shake
Midafternoon - Mini Babybel
Dinner - Chicken, spinach and brocoli
Snack - Nature Valley Bar
Cals - 865 Carbs - 32g
Calories burned - 100 walking

Day five, jumped on the scales and i'm down to 12st 8.6 today. Thats 5.4lbs down in 4 days. Just a reflection of how much I ate and drank over christmas really. Don't feel like its real weight loss so I'm not taking anything from it until i'm into my second week. Got a night out at the end of the month and I'd like to be nearer to 12st for that.

Day 5

Food
Breakfast smoked salmon, spinach & banting bread
Mid morning scratchings
Lunch - Protein Porridge
Dinner - chicken salad (not to self buy different meat!)
Snacks Protein Bar
Cals 900 Carbs 31g Exercise Cals 201

Ate a little more today as I did some walking. Feel good about the carbs. I suppose my diet is becoming more of a LCD instead of a VLCD, but taking exercise into account it's still low.

Day 6 here and the scales say 12st 7! Can't quite believe it i started the diet at 13st 1, I never thought I'd lose this much in reality as I'm getting closer to goal. I haven't had the headaches either so maybe that's down to eating more real food? Anyway the downside is I haven't been for a number 2 since Saturday. As usual on a diet my bowels shut up shop.

Congratulations on losing 8lbs that's amazing.
Imagine how much less you'll weigh after doing your number 2. :rolleyes:

Thanks slim1day. I'm starting to feel quite bunged up and a bit nervous that my weight loss is going to slow down so much I'll be disheartened. I've not been lower than 11 stone since I was a teenager, I've got to beat this :(

Day 6 Food

Breakfast - 2 rashers of smoked bacon 1 scrambled egg and a slice of banting bread. This was amazing.
Lunch - Chocolate shake
Dinner - Chicken and caulimash another success it actually tastes like normal mash!
Snacks Cocktail Sausages/scratchings nature valley protein bar.
Cals 950 Carbs 37 Cals burned 211

Legs ached today after walking..Read that if you exercise on a vlcd then weight loss slows down. Something about your muscles retaining water. Anyway there no getting away from it because I need to walk 60 mins a day until I get the car sorted.

Day 7, 12st 5.6 this morning, can't quite believe it but with TOM looming next week I'm in for some slow losses. Not a great day already. My son is poorly so taking him down to the Dr's in an hour. Not even hungry a mixture of worry and keto!

So I've decided to swap my thread over to the Atkins forum as I'm not doing a meal replacement diet anymore, it's more lchf/keto, albeit with quite restricted cals depending on how slow/fast i lose weight.

Food
Breakfast - bacon avocado and banting bread
Lunch - bacon (had to use it up!) egg and mushrooms with jalapeños
Dinner - Jerk king prawns, caulimash and tzatziki
Snacks - Atkins cookies and cream bar
Water, Chamomile Tea and Coke Zero
Cals - 995 Carbs - 28 :D Cals burned 233

First weeks weigh in results are, 9.2lbs down :) and 2 inches off the waist and 1 off the hips. Good start, hoping to lose another 8 by the time I go out on the 5th of feb with my friends and hopefully be lower than when I finished the vlcd last time.

Well done on the first weeks loss - that's fabulous:) Inches especially! Keep going...

Thanks Katie!

Day 8

Breakfast - Chocolate Shake
Lunch - Breakfast casserole, spinach, tzatziki
so nice I had it again for...
Dinner!
Snacks reduced sugar jam on banting bread mmm
Cals - 967 Carbs 40g Calories burned 354

Day 9 scales saying 12st 5 to me, lazy day for food!

Breakfast - had to finish off the breakfast casserole so I had it with some spinach and then again for
Lunch, probably won't make it again for a while.
Dinner was lush king prawn stir fry cooked in half a tablespoon of coconut oil.
Snacks -Atkins bar and 2x atkins cookies
Cals - 1045 Total carbs - 33g cals burned -244

Back