Slim by summer and for good....

Yesterday's food:
Mid morning - half a bar
Lunch = spaghetti and broccoli
Mid Afternoon - half a bar
Dinner - Chilli and Squash
Evening snack - Bar
Water - 3 litres

No appetite at all today. Forced lunch down so I think I'm off the spaghettis....shame I've got about 20! Might have to swap for shakes/porridge/bars as I only seem to fancy sweet things. Still like the chilli and curry though.

Oooh Fit, I just mentioned weight training in my diary. Getting the husband to devise me a plan at home as we have all the weights, barbells etc I don't want to be skinny, I want to be strong :)

I'll let you know how I get on. You're doing great this week again. Roll on next weigh in xx

Another non hungry day!

Mid morning - half a bar
Lunch - cookies and cream shake
Mid Afternoon - half a bar
Dinner - Beef curry noodle soup
evening snack - lemon bar

Since i'm not so hungry I thought I'd try a soup, it was ok. Would possibly order again but would have to add a few spices in next time. Experiencing a bit of constipation, or possibly it could be that I'm not eating much so I shouldn't be expecting much (!!!) Looking forward to weigh in, not expecting much for week two, but hopefully at least 3lbs.

Mid morning - Porridge
Lunch - Mushroom Pasta
Mid Afternoon - half a mint bar
Dinner - cottage pie
evening snack - rest of bar

Getting a bit bored of the meals, only really eating them to fill myself up, so I gonna have to get creative with the veg to liven things up. Tried the mushroom pasta for the first time. Won't be ordering again, more like a soup.

Mid morning - Porridge
Lunch - Chili and cauliflower
Mid Afternoon - half a mint bar
Dinner - chicken breast, mashed swede and green beans
evening snack - rest of bar
Water - three litres

Went lifestyle today and I think I may have to get some chicken and fish in and carry on with it. The taste of meat was like heaven :D been on the go all day and feel a bit whacked, felt dizzy in Tescos but I suppose with the amount of food i'm consuming it's to be expected.

Mid morning - Porridge
Lunch - Omelette with peppers and spring onion
Mid afternoon - half a bar
Dinner - strawberry shake
Evening snack - rest of bar

Had another lifestyle day today and I think after I've finished my stock of meals I'm going to swap over permanently. Or straight away if I can flog them on the popular auction site. The strawberry shake was urgh. Won't be ordering again!
2nd weigh in and measure up tomorrow. Quite excited to see what I've lost this week, think I'll have cracked the 13's.

Good luck for tomorrow. If it makes sense for you to stick to lifestyle then go for it. We are in it for the long haul and as long as we're realistic with our food and what we can and can't handle food wise then we'll be more likely to keep the weight off.

I'm writing this on my phone, does any of it make sense :)

Anyway I'm with you all the way, looking forward to seeing your results tomorrow xx

Well done for sticking with it... If you need to add in protein then do. I was pretty much always having lifestyle days and I craved the sweet things. I had shakes hot and cold, bars and sugar free jelly. Then the pancakes I used to crush sweetners in and lemon flavouring too.
Although I'm not sure it was the diet making me that way as I have such a sweet tooth as it is!!

The weights/strength training will be good while you're on a vlcd.
Cardio is obviously not so good as you're on minimal calories as it is so its not good to burn those ones off. But walking or a little swim is probably ok.

As for the toilet... You'll probably find you'll be going every few days rather than regularly as there isn't much in your body for waste. ;)
What you're consuming is enough to keep your body functioning and stay in ketosis. So not a lot goes spare ;) Trying to put it delicately!!

Good luck for weigh in!! Can't wait to see the results xx

Morning Sammys!

This weeks weight loss is 2.8lbs. I wish it had been the full 3 obviously but it will do :D Lost another 2 inches round the body including 1.5 around the middle which is where it needs to come off most.

So first goal ticked off, into the 13's. 12's, I'm coming to get you!

Woo hoo (maybe if you'd been to the loo it might've shifted the 0.2lb!! ;) Ha ha)
Well done that's fab!!
Into another stone bracket too. Yippeeeee Xx

Yayy! Hello 13's, you'll be out of them before you know it but for now it's a target met.

Onwards and downwards :)

Thanks ladies. The headaches have returned with a vengeance :( feeling rough today.

Ah I hate it when you think you're out of the woods then a headache comes back to haunt you!!
Paracetamol and lots of water!!

Hope you had a good day regardless xx

Yesterdays food.....

Mid morning - Porridge
Lunch - Chocolate Caramel shake
Mid afternoon - half a coconut bar
Dinner - Chicken, brocilli, green beans
Evening snack - rest of bar
3 litres of water

The shake was quite nice but i'm not sold on them completely. Cooked the chicken in garlic, chilli and paprika, it was lovely. Going to buy some fish fillets next week. Also had a few slices of wafer thin ham in between and still managed to stay around the 650 cals mark. I was averaging 60g of carbs on Simplicity but swapping over to Lifestyle i'm down to 40-45g. This can only be a good thing with my insulin resistance. Damn headaches gone too :D

My headaches and feeling lethargic never really left me. I think I've got used to feeling this way now? Up your water for a few days. I have a litre bottle that I fill up twice a day plus my coffees and water used for shakes x

Yesterdays food -
Banoffee Porrodge
Half a bar
Chocolate Caramel Shake
Chicken, Swede and peppers
Half a bar
3 litres

Jumped on the scales yesterday, 2 lbs since Monday, and again this morning another lb! Maybe I was retaining some water last week, or maybe it will go back on over the next few days but hopefully I'll smash the stone mark by Monday :D

Fingers crossed!!! I love it when the scales keep going down-it's a great motivator!!
Your food creations sound good too!!
Give the shakes a fair go... They are great with ice in a blender to make them thick. I add coffee/decaf and it's like a thick Starbucks frappucino. Or whizzed up hot they are yummy too.
;)

You're doing so well!!

Xx

Thanks Sammy, forgot what it's like to feel hungry! My lack of social life at the moment is helping to as I don't have anything planned for a couple of months that involves food or alcohol :(

Yesterday
Porridge
Chocolate Caramel Shake - quite nice
Cottage Pie
Chicken, Peppers, Spring Onion and mushrooms fried in frylight

Today
Cookies and Cream shake (a bit of a favourite)
Porridge
Chicken with swede mash and cabbage
Coconut bar (lowest cal/carb bar)

I need a bit of variation so am gonna try a few different things in my next order, maybe give some of the bars that I don't fancy on paper a try. Been to Costco and stocked up on chicken. When I portioned it up I had 3 weeks worth!! Must buy some prawns a fish to shake things up.

Man I miss potatoes and rice. I don't crave them I just miss the taste of them more than anything. But they are not my friends so I need to kick them to the curb.

Funny you should say that... I kept dreaming about jacket potatoes, which was weird as I didn't have them that often before the diet!! Xx

Oooh a crispy baked pot slavered in butter

Back