Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Slim Fast Shake Recipies Please!!

Discussion in 'SlimFast' started by Alwaysonadiet, 3 June 2010 Social URL.

1. Alwaysonadiet

Alwaysonadiet Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(10.71%)
    Diet:
    Herbalife
    Hi all! I've just started Slim Fast today. I was doing Herbalife for months but just got fed up with the same shakes all the time so decided to give Slim Fast a go as its cheaper! I bought Strawberry, Chocolate and Cafe Latte Shakes from Ebay.

I had a cafe latte shake this morning and a chocolate shake for lunch all made with skimmed milk and ice cubes.

Does anyone know any recipies for making really nice tasting shakes? I wasn't fussed on the chocolate so only took a few mouthfuls and threw the rest down the sink... not a great start... :sigh:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. alphashallows

alphashallows Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st5lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(25.69%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    The only thing I can think of is to add ice cream, especially to the vanilla shake, but I guess that would be counter-productive :D
    I read in another thread that someone tried freezing it once and it just wouldnt freeze... otherwise slimfast lollies sound wonderful!

Good question, I shall be keeping an eye on this thread :D Hope someone has some novel ideas!

You could try eating the meal bars if you don't like the taste of the shakes, too? :)

4. fortyandfat

fortyandfat is crazy

Start Weight:
    12st10lb
    Current Weight:
    10st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(17.98%)
    Diet:
    exante
    i quite like the shakes. have only tried the chocolate and strawberry ones but they are nice when done in the blender. i did try making one in a jug with a hand whisk and that was horrid. no matter how much i whisked there was still tiny lumps in it!

5. kazzymc

kazzymc Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st3lb
    Current Weight:
    16st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13.5lb(10.78%)
    Diet:
    slimfast
    i use a blender and find its brilliant for the shakes makes em nice n smooth with a creaminess to them even tho its skimmed milk i also add a ice cube when blending to help chill it

6. alphashallows

alphashallows Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st5lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(25.69%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I use a shaker (that I actually bought from the Tony Ferguson bit in Boots!) that works brilliantly for me, I shake it around for about 20 seconds and its fine and smooth. I love the vanilla shakes, they're all I have, but the Cafe Latte ones are nice too

7. FattyMcBigbum

FattyMcBigbum Gold Member

Start Weight:
    26st2.2lb
    Current Weight:
    24st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    21st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3.2lb(4.7%)
    Diet:
    Slim Fast
    I have 1 tip, don't heat it up it's bloody vile!

Other than that just ice cubes and a blender. I had a "Kenwood Smoothie to go" thingy which did the job til I broke both cups now I just use one of them hand blenders that you use for blitzing soup and what-not.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.