Slim Fast Shake Recipies Please!!

Discussion in 'SlimFast' started by Alwaysonadiet, 3 June 2010 Social URL.

1. Alwaysonadiet

Alwaysonadiet Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(10.71%)
    Diet:
    Herbalife
    Hi all! I've just started Slim Fast today. I was doing Herbalife for months but just got fed up with the same shakes all the time so decided to give Slim Fast a go as its cheaper! I bought Strawberry, Chocolate and Cafe Latte Shakes from Ebay.

I had a cafe latte shake this morning and a chocolate shake for lunch all made with skimmed milk and ice cubes.

Does anyone know any recipies for making really nice tasting shakes? I wasn't fussed on the chocolate so only took a few mouthfuls and threw the rest down the sink... not a great start... :sigh:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. alphashallows

alphashallows Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st5lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(25.69%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    The only thing I can think of is to add ice cream, especially to the vanilla shake, but I guess that would be counter-productive :D
    I read in another thread that someone tried freezing it once and it just wouldnt freeze... otherwise slimfast lollies sound wonderful!

Good question, I shall be keeping an eye on this thread :D Hope someone has some novel ideas!

You could try eating the meal bars if you don't like the taste of the shakes, too? :)

4. fortyandfat

fortyandfat is crazy

Start Weight:
    12st10lb
    Current Weight:
    10st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(17.98%)
    Diet:
    exante
    i quite like the shakes. have only tried the chocolate and strawberry ones but they are nice when done in the blender. i did try making one in a jug with a hand whisk and that was horrid. no matter how much i whisked there was still tiny lumps in it!

5. kazzymc

kazzymc Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st3lb
    Current Weight:
    16st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13.5lb(10.78%)
    Diet:
    slimfast
    i use a blender and find its brilliant for the shakes makes em nice n smooth with a creaminess to them even tho its skimmed milk i also add a ice cube when blending to help chill it

6. alphashallows

alphashallows Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st5lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(25.69%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I use a shaker (that I actually bought from the Tony Ferguson bit in Boots!) that works brilliantly for me, I shake it around for about 20 seconds and its fine and smooth. I love the vanilla shakes, they're all I have, but the Cafe Latte ones are nice too

7. FattyMcBigbum

FattyMcBigbum Gold Member

Start Weight:
    26st2.2lb
    Current Weight:
    24st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    21st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3.2lb(4.7%)
    Diet:
    Slim Fast
    I have 1 tip, don't heat it up it's bloody vile!

Other than that just ice cubes and a blender. I had a "Kenwood Smoothie to go" thingy which did the job til I broke both cups now I just use one of them hand blenders that you use for blitzing soup and what-not.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.