slim fast

Judy

anyone ever tried it? always wondered what the difference is with cd and that??:rolleyes:

Slimfast - good for about 7lbs weight loss and that's it in my experience. It's higher in kcals and everything else except nutrition, and you can't do it as your sole source of nutrition. I think you end up on about 1200kcal a day, something like that. That's about all I know.

Hi Judy, I did it a few years ago & lost 2 1/2 stone pretty quickly BUT afterwards I developed IBS, didn't think it was Slimfast that caused it til a neighbour had the same thing happen to her after doing it. Could be coincidence, so don't let it put you off, though personally I find CD much tastier, more filling & there's no worries about what to have for dinner/tea, lol!
xxxxsharon

HI i already have ibs im not going on it i just always wondered what the diff was.
thanx girls x

I've found CD great for IBS and so have a few others I know. When you start to eat its a great help in letting you know what triggers it, if it is a food and not stress related.

CDC

Slim fast higher in calories.....no ketosis. You can also have snacks between shakes and then "healthy meal"
I did lose a couple of stones on it last year, took just over 2 months.

Only thing slimfast is good for is for drinking as a recovery drink after a half marathon (or full!)

I know so many runners who do that - it's full of sugar and calories so gets your blood sugar up...

And people drink it to lose weight?!?!?!?!

I did slimfast a couple of years ago and lost 3 & 1/2 stone. I found it pretty easy and I think it might have worked if it wasn't for the deeper problems I have surrounding food that made me put it all back on with interest.

I think it might be alright as a tool when you're trying to maintain or just lose a bit..

There's nothing wrong with slimfast, but just can't be compared with Cambridge. They work in a very different way.

As others have said, higher cals, higher carbs. Fine on a calorie controlled diet, but you do have to eat a dinner too as it doesn't supply everything you need, and you don't have the benefit of ketosis to keep the hunger pangs away.

It's fine if you like that sort of thing, but wont bring the great weight losses week in and out.

Back