slim fast

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Judy, 7 June 2007 Social URL.

1. Judy

Judy Full Member

anyone ever tried it? always wondered what the difference is with cd and that??:rolleyes:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Debz

Debz Cambridge Counsellor

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Slimfast - good for about 7lbs weight loss and that's it in my experience. It's higher in kcals and everything else except nutrition, and you can't do it as your sole source of nutrition. I think you end up on about 1200kcal a day, something like that. That's about all I know.

4. voodoo

voodoo LOVING MY WATER

Start Weight:
    20st5lb
    Current Weight:
    20st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Celebrity Slim
    Hi Judy, I did it a few years ago & lost 2 1/2 stone pretty quickly BUT afterwards I developed IBS, didn't think it was Slimfast that caused it til a neighbour had the same thing happen to her after doing it. Could be coincidence, so don't let it put you off, though personally I find CD much tastier, more filling & there's no worries about what to have for dinner/tea, lol!
    xxxxsharon

5. Judy

Judy Full Member

HI i already have ibs im not going on it i just always wondered what the diff was.
    thanx girls x

6. sim94

sim94 Cambridge Diet Counsellor

I've found CD great for IBS and so have a few others I know. When you start to eat its a great help in letting you know what triggers it, if it is a food and not stress related.

CDC

7. GreenDayJen

GreenDayJen Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    slimfast doesnt get you into ketosis does it? that's the main difference?

8. sonkie

sonkie Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    measure up
    Slim fast higher in calories.....no ketosis. You can also have snacks between shakes and then "healthy meal"
    I did lose a couple of stones on it last year, took just over 2 months.

9. Sunflowers

Sunflowers Wants to be a yummy mummy

Only thing slimfast is good for is for drinking as a recovery drink after a half marathon (or full!)

I know so many runners who do that - it's full of sugar and calories so gets your blood sugar up...

And people drink it to lose weight?!?!?!?!

10. chinchilla

chinchilla Full Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    I did slimfast a couple of years ago and lost 3 & 1/2 stone. I found it pretty easy and I think it might have worked if it wasn't for the deeper problems I have surrounding food that made me put it all back on with interest.

I think it might be alright as a tool when you're trying to maintain or just lose a bit..

11. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    There's nothing wrong with slimfast, but just can't be compared with Cambridge. They work in a very different way.

As others have said, higher cals, higher carbs. Fine on a calorie controlled diet, but you do have to eat a dinner too as it doesn't supply everything you need, and you don't have the benefit of ketosis to keep the hunger pangs away.

It's fine if you like that sort of thing, but wont bring the great weight losses week in and out.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.