Slim for Santa Challenge 2017

Baby_Caddy

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone fancies joining me for a Slim for Santa challenge?

We could officially start on the 25th August, set our own goals for weight loss for Christmas and weigh in weekly to share how we're doing? That'd give us 4 months to reach whatever our goal for Christmas Day is.

I could make a table and keep it updated on this first post here if anyone else was interested, rather than having to all keep copying and pasting stuff.

For example when you sign up you agree to post your starting weight on August 25th, as well as your target weight and then each week weigh in (any day) and I'll update the stats.

My goal for Christmas Day is to be 10st 7lbs.

Anyone fancy joining me?

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone fancies joining me for a Slim for Santa challenge?

We could officially start on the 25th August, set our own goals for weight loss for Christmas and weigh in weekly to share how we're doing? That'd give us 4 months to reach whatever our goal for Christmas Day is.

I could make a table and keep it updated on this first post here if anyone else was interested, rather than having to all keep copying and pasting stuff.

For example when you sign up you agree to post your starting weight on August 25th, as well as your target weight and then each week weigh in (any day) and I'll update the stats.

My goal for Christmas Day is to be 10st 7lbs.

Anyone fancy joining me?
I am in . My goal is 10 lbs loss . I am 180.7 lbs today but will post start weight on 25 th

Yay! Welcome aboard Lisa!

I'd like to be involved!

My goal will be dependent on what my weight is on 25th August, but happy to post details then! Will be going for something like a 30 lbs loss in the 4 months

Yay! Welcome everyone! I was worried I'd be all on me tod trying to do this alone when I first posted!

What's everyone's plan to lose weight? Personally, I'm about to start the Cambridge Diet and see how that goes.

I'm doing calorie counting and weight resistance training to lose mine. Are you going to do a weekly weigh in or just have people post to update as they like? I guess that might be easier as we probably all weigh on different days.

Getting those 16 lbs off will pretty much see me at my goal weight, I don't know what I'll do when I reach it as I've never reached my goal before so its going to be a new feeling not having to obsess about losing weight, I will then obsess about maintaining it lol :D I will have to be careful at Christmas !! So much temptation..

Honestly I have no idea what diet plan I'm following. At the moment switching between calorie counting, SW and plain old healthy eating (vegetarian style).
As long as my weight goes down I don't really mind!

Hi,

Can I join? I've put on four stone in 20 months and really need to get back on track.

I currently weigh: 14st 7.5, I was 13st this time last year and 10st 6 the year before!

Ideally I'd love to lose three stone but I'd be happy with two!

Aw it's so lovely to meet you all and have so many people to chat to over the next few months as we share this journey... :) I'm eager to get started now! LOL But its my birthday tomorrow and I know I'll go out and eat and drink like a crazy woman so a set start day works quite well for me.

I was thinking we could all just update our weight on whatever our weigh in days are... It may be easier than everyone trying to find a day that we all consistently weigh in one together. I'm normally around so can update fairly quickly!

@Baby_Caddy it's funny you should say about your start date and your birthday as my birthday is the 26th this month, but this year I'm setting a calorie limit of my maintain which is 2200 and im not going over (my diet cals is 1200-1400) Usually I would eat a box of my favourite chocolates which would be about 700 calories, I'd have pancakes and cream for brekkie - with said chocolates. And I'd make myself a cake (I run my own cake business) 400 cals a slice and I'd have 3 or 4. I mean that's not including the take away pizza which would be 1500 cals with deep fried wedges! Just in my head totalling that up at almost 4000 and no mention of lunch or the Baileys yet! And the day after I would have to stand on that scale and think "was it really worth it?" Then follows 4 - 5 days of struggle with cravings and hunger headaches.. pain. I think a little treat now and again especially on our birthday is ok but this year my mindset is thinking of the aftermath more so! So have a good one !

Yes! I am in. I had decided at the start of this week that I wanted to crack the nut of my final 30lbs of weight to lose and had Christmas in mind. This is perfect timing.

I have a mini-goal of a birthday in 11 weeks (end of October) and then Christmas 8 weeks after that and worked out that an average of 1.5lbs per week would be pretty much bang on.

I am doing what works for me: tracking calories like a demon. I really find it helps focus the mind. It's not for me about restricting, more just keeping a gentle eye and spotting those signs that my food intake is creeping up. I try and take a measured approach and figure as long as it evens out over a week, it's all good.

Bring it on!

can i join please i am 316 lbs or 22.8, i would like to be 285 lbs or 20.5 ( stone for christmas so 31 lbs to loose in 4 MONTHS so 8 lb ish a month xxxx

Count me in! love santa haha :)

Current weight is 14st 8lb as of 26th august. I'm aiming for target (13st) by christmas so i've 1st 8lb to lose. Easy peasy!

Can I join please? I weighed in at the beginning of the weekend at 11.2 and I want to be 10.4 by xmas. I haven't got a lot to lose, but I've been struggling with this last bit for over a year now!! Time to get serious!! o_O

Count me in too please but I won't he starting until 25th sept. Away now and not dieting but will be back and ready to start then

Back