Slim for Summer! ☼

Princess_Stevie

Gold Member
Apologies if there is already a thread for this, but I couldn't seem to see one. I know the summer is a big goal for everyone (bikini bods), so I thought I'd create a thread for all of us to use for inspiration / motivation.

I personally want to get to target by June - quite specifically the 18th. I have quite a lot going on this summer including the Rihanna gig on the 20th June and North East Live on the 22nd. Both of which I want to look (and feel!) fantastic for.

Then, two and a bit weeks later, on the 8th July it's my birthday - something else to keep me going.

I am also hoping to get a summer holiday booked soon. We usually go end of August / beginning of September, so this is another thing to keep me focused at getting to goal and staying there.

I've lost 2st 4lb to date, taking me from my start weight of 14st 10.5lb down to my current weight of 12st 6.5lb. My aim is to get down to 10st, so I still have a further 2st 6.5lb to lose. I will need all of the support and motivation I can get along the way.

So, who wants to join me in getting slim for summer? :)

Hi Stevie!

I'm also going to Rihanna on the 20th of June cannot wait! Want to have nice summery clothes on and feel lush!!
And I have a girls holiday booked for the 5th of August too that I need a beach bod for!
I've been doing slimming world from home and have gone from 14st 3 as my biggest weight down to 12st 11 but recently lost all motivation and went back up to 13st 7 :(

I've been back on plan since last Monday! And have managed to go back down to 13st 4 at the moment. Just I've been poorly so exercise has been postponed!!

Your posts seems really motivational and you have done incredibly well! So any help you have would be much appreciated :)

Roll on summer! X

Yay, fantastic to have someone who wants to join me in this little challenge :D

You've already done so well, and that 12st will be within your grasp before you know it. I like that we were both similar start weights and also aiming for quite similar goal weights, awesome!

I'm so excited to see RiRi! Do you have standing or seated tickets? A few people I know booked up to see Beyonce today. I am uber jealous! Hoping she does some tours a little closer to home as the only ones announced were Manchester / Birmingham if I remember rightly. I'd absolutely love to see B, she's one of my idols xx

I know! Now I've booked my holiday I feel like wow I really need to knuckle down!! I refuse to feel like a beached whale when I get there! And 24 weeks is a lot of time to shift some beef :p

Yeah at SOL! I'm so excited!! Something to look forward to and Rihanna is gorgeous so I'm so thrilled to be seeing her! I'd die to see Beyonce too. So many people I wanna see! My mam & dad are going to the other concert you are seeing some major performers on should be unreal!!

You are doing unreal on your SW journey chick I can't believe how motivated you are!! I can't wait til I'm well into it like you.... How long has it took you to lose all your weight? Xxx

We've got standing tickets for RiRi too - you never know, we may bump into each other :D hehe. Also really looking forward to North East Live. I don't like all of the acts that are on (can't stand JLS or Little Mix), but I love the majority of them. I saw Rita Ora when she wasn't as 'big' as she is now - she was Coldplays support act when I saw them, and I've also always wanted to see James Arthur with him being quite local. So it should be good! Do you have any more gigs booked up? I'm a big music fan :)

Thank you very much for your lovely comments! This is my second time around on Slimming World. The first time I joined, lost a stone, messed around quite a lot along the way and stopped going to group for a few months. Had a family emergency and an All Inclusive holiday in between and when I finally plucked up the courage to go and rejoin, I'd gained 10.5lb of my weight back.

I rejoined in September 2011 and have lost 2st 4lb since then. I have to say though, I did a lot more messing around between then and Christmas 2012. I could have lost a lot more than I have if I hadn't messed around so much, but I don't dwell on it, I'm just happy to have gotten where I have got to.

In the New Year I kind of had a bit of a lightbulb moment and decided that 2013 was the year I would stop messing around and get the rest of this weight off. Since then I've not had a single gain, and I plan on keeping it that way. I really want to get to target this summer.

I will join in.

I'm going to NE Live 22nd June.

My target date is August 29th want to have lost 100lb by then x x

I will join in.

I'm going to NE Live 22nd June.

My target date is August 29th want to have lost 100lb by then x x

Fantastic, welcome aboard :D

Looks like lots of us have gigs planned this summer. So I may bump into Hawksey at Rihanna and yourself at NE Live, you never know! :giggle:

Your weight loss to date is absolutely fantastic! Very inspiring - well done xx

I have my birthday on June 8th,I want to have lost 3stone by then:) oh and a couple of days later I'm going to see bonjovi :) plenty of gigs

I have my birthday on June 8th,I want to have lost 3stone by then:) oh and a couple of days later I'm going to see bonjovi :) plenty of gigs

Oh lovely!! We'll all get there and be super slim and slinky for summer :D xx

I'm hoping to be slim for summer too...and actually enjoy shopping for some lovely summer clothes...!!

joining you lovely ladies!...
i'm living in Spain and the summer here will be really really really hot!, i'd love to be able to loose as much as i can, ideally my goal weight would be around 10st but i think 4st in 4 months maybe slightly too high of a target, i'd love to hit it but i'd be happy with 1-2 stone off!.

What days does everyone WI on?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi I'd like to join don't think i'll get to my goal weight by Summer but i'd at least like to be at my club 10 by then which will be slim for me. My club 10 is 12st 11 so 1st 3 1/2lbs but hopefully it will be more. Want to be able to wear shorts and feel comfortable in them rather than looking at my thighs and deciding to change back into jeans.

Re: Slim for Summer!

Oooo me me! I'll join too :) I'm 24 and currently weigh 10st 10. Aiming for about 9st 4. It's my birthday on july 13th and im planning on a few holidays throughout the summer starting with paris in may so I have a few events set with mini targets in my head. Plus I'm a NE girl too :cool:

I weigh in on a Saturday (doing sw from home) and I plan on doing red and green days. I'm definitely up for helping with and receiving some motivation.......so hi everyone and good luck!! x

Lovely to have so many people wanting to join in the challenge and help motivate each other along the way, welcome everyone! I definitely think that having something to aim for keeps you going, and what better than summer (if we get one! :giggle:)

I weigh in on a Tuesday evening. I go to a group and I Red / Green days.

I wonder if any of you could recommend anything for stretch marks? I am really happy with how flat my tummy is starting to get (by no means flat, but a lot more so than when I started!), but I do have terrible stretch marks in that area :eek:. I know that they will never totally go away, but I would like to try and fade them ready to wear my bikini in the summer. I am currently trying Wilkinsons own Bio-oil and will see how I get on with that, but has anyone else used anything they would recommend? Thanks in advance xx

I am just doing from home! And I weigh in on a Monday :)

I have no clue for stretch marks Stevie! I have a few tops of my thighs but nothing quite luckily!!!

I'm currently at my friends house who lost about 2st on slimming world she's just started back up again! Her and her mam are on a bit of a tester night trying some free dishes! They're making tandoori chicken with mushrooms, red onion and with tandoori spice smells Devine!!

And kurjumba (or however you spell it) it's like an Indian salad looks amazing but all completely free!!
I've been at work 8-4 today so I'm absolutely starving by now!!

Xx

alot of my friends said coco butter really helps, worth a shot? wilkos sell that dead cheap too!

coco butter is amazing stuff although if your going to use it get the palmers one thats the best

Back