Slim for Summer

Thanks Lily!! How are you doing??

Hi Julie,

I'm doing ok thanks. I'm on day 10 so far and was down 10lbs on my first weigh in last Tuesday. I asked hubby to hide scales this week as I was becoming obsessive. I didn't do so well with water the last couple of days so I need to up my intake today. Next weigh in is Thursday and I would like to be at around the 18st mark if possible.but any loss is good!

Hows things with you? Xxx

Glad you're doing well lily. Those big losses at the start are the best.

I'm doing ok. I have been perfect all week but haven't lost a pound as totm. Driving me crazy! My husband says the loss is "in the post"! Lol

Glad you're doing well lily. Those big losses at the start are the best.

I'm doing ok. I have been perfect all week but haven't lost a pound as totm. Driving me crazy! My husband says the loss is "in the post"! Lol

Im sure as soon as TOTM has finished you will see a nice loss :) I know it's frustrating. I am due on on weigh in day which is typical! It's sometimes very inconvenient being a women eh!! Haha xxx

Weighted in 2lbs down with CDC this morning. TOTM is due any second!! Hopefully that should make a difference. 2st 10lbs down now. Feeling like I want a day off to have lunch with my husband and daughter when we're out today but haven't decided. Not sure what to do?? Will decide when I get there I suppose.

Weigh in today. Down 3.75lbs. Only 1lb to go to get to 3st and then hopefully in the 12s the following week! Two good goals to keep me focused for the next fortnight which is going to be busy with work!!

Getting there!! :)

Julie! You're doing so well :) really enjoyed reading your thread. Thanks for sharing :)

I'm on day 4, feeling really strong and in control although sometimes at night I just start obsessing about food- I need to stop it as I don't want to fall off the wagon. Ideally I'm hoping to reach my 4 stone target by the end of July, I hope that's realistic. How do you cope in social situations, I hate being the one that's not drinking -haha already on day 4!! Xx

Julie! You're doing so well :) really enjoyed reading your thread. Thanks for sharing :) I'm on day 4, feeling really strong and in control although sometimes at night I just start obsessing about food- I need to stop it as I don't want to fall off the wagon. Ideally I'm hoping to reach my 4 stone target by the end of July, I hope that's realistic. How do you cope in social situations, I hate being the one that's not drinking -haha already on day 4!! Xx

Thanks happy! Well done on getting to day 4. At the start I was also obsessing about food. It seemed to be everywhere! I'm kind of over that now and don't really think about it too much, except at totm when extreme willpower is required.

4 stone by end July is totally achievable. If you are 100% on the plan, then you can lose 1st per month. Sometimes real life gets in the way however! Not drinking is tough, especially since I adore red wine, which is definitely not allowed. Having white spirits like gin or vodka with slimline tonic is ok occasionally and won't take you out of ketosis. Maybe try that if you have a night out. On a weekly basis I try not to cos I retain water when I drink alcohol but good to know there's something you can have if you want to.

Keep in touch with how you're doing.

I swear the scales are playing mind games with me! I have been 100% SS this week and my own scales say I have put on about 4 or 5 lbs. Not totm and nothing else I can think of that would make me gain. It's a mystery. I'll just need to hope it all goes before weigh in on Sunday.

Julie just ignore your own scales, it's crazy how they can just jump up and down during the day- can't get my head around it. Just drink lots of water :)

I just had my first weigh-in! I lost 10lbs!! I'm really delighted, it was worth the roller coaster 7 days :) very excited about next week, I could be down a stone by then!!

Everyone else alright? Good day? X

Julie!! Well done!! Just seen your original message re loss!! Go you :))) I'd ignore your own scales all together xx

Julie just ignore your own scales, it's crazy how they can just jump up and down during the day- can't get my head around it. Just drink lots of water :) I just had my first weigh-in! I lost 10lbs!! I'm really delighted, it was worth the roller coaster 7 days :) very excited about next week, I could be down a stone by then!! Everyone else alright? Good day? X

10lbs!! Wow! That's huge! Congratulations. It's so worth the effort when you get a result like that! Keeping my fingers crossed you get the stone next week. I found week 2 didn't seem as long as week 1. Hopefully you will too.

The water is getting blasted today, believe me. Probably at about 4 litres today. Hopefully that will help by the time Sunday comes around.

Hey Julie. :) Came across your diary today. I saw your earlier entry and that you lost arnd 23 lbs on your first five weeks. What kind of progress did you see week-wise? I had my week 2 weigh in today and I have lost only 8 lbs, so am a little bummed. Does it slow down as one goes further along?

Hey Julie. :) Came across your diary today. I saw your earlier entry and that you lost arnd 23 lbs on your first five weeks. What kind of progress did you see week-wise? I had my week 2 weigh in today and I have lost only 8 lbs, so am a little bummed. Does it slow down as one goes further along?
Hi Obs, yeah I found my weight loss was really inconsistent. I lost 10lbs in the first week, 4lbs week 2. So I for off to a great start but then it was 2lbs one week and 3 or 4 lbs the next from then on. I averaged 6 or 7 lbs every two weeks but the weekly weight loss was up and down. 8lbs on week 2 is fantastic though. I would have been over the moon with that! More than half a stone in 2 weeks. The other thing is that week 1 is losing a lot of water. Week 2 is proper fat loss. You've done really well I think.

Weigh in this morning and 2.5 lbs off. I have been 100% this week so I was hoping for more but it's still a loss. My goal for this week was 3 st. I am now 3 st 1 lb down. Goal for next week is to get into the 12's. Watershed moment!!

Off out to buy some new clothes to celebrate 3 st!! It's about time. I've bought very little and look like I'm wearing my granny's clothes.

Off out to buy some new clothes to celebrate 3 st!! It's about time. I've bought very little and look like I'm wearing my granny's clothes.

Oooh! Buying new clothes and fitting into smaller and smaller sizes- the best part of losing weight. :)

Oooh! Buying new clothes and fitting into smaller and smaller sizes- the best part of losing weight. :)

Had a great time! I'm comfortably in a 16 in most shops. I bought a lovely coat but got a 14 in that. It is a tiny bit tighter than I would like but it will last me longer. It was quite expensive and I didn't want it to only last me a few weeks.

I don't like the same style of clothes I used to wear and I'm not sure what I should be wearing now. I'll just have to keep trying different things that I normally wouldn't even consider.

A size 14 coat is an amazing achievement! It will be hanging off you in no time. Well done and keep going

Thanks laura x. First time I've been shopping properly since I started. Funny thing is I keep telling myself all these clothes must be big made because they surely can't fit me already!! Strange how the mind works. Gonna have to keep trying on clothes to convince my brain it's not a fluke. x

Back