Slim n Save 100 day diet

iwillbethinagain said:
Halfway! Halfway! Woo hoo, well done you! If you reach your goal sooner will you stop at that point? Keep going at best wishes for your next half.x

I'm guessing I won't be at target by December 8th but its ok... You don't get to stick there anyways so I know after a Christmas holiday ill need a diet session to get back to (dare I say it) the 10s when I get there...

Kira said:
Annie that made me laugh because it is exactly what I do with my daily weigh in ritual! Belive it is a ritual in a half. It reminds me I have to work hard on what NOT to put in my mouth! I think even maintenance (when I reach it) will be like that for me as otherwise I know I will regain it all again like I have done previous times when I've lost over 2 stones. I am not going to allow this to become a third time!

You're right whenever I take a week off from weighing its because I'm hiding from myself... Not wanting to see what I already know will be a gain...

Note to myself- force yourself on that scales! Even if its a gain I should face it to stop it getting out if hand.... Sounds easier than it is tho!

Morning Annie, you it may be possible to lose 12 possibly even 14 between now and wk 14 5 Dec if you have a 2lb a week loss? i know though it isn't that straight forward and you'll probably have the odd lb loss here and there as the body will try to hang on to the fat. Either way if you stick to it rightup until 5 Dec or right up to Christmas Eve you coud still lose near enough a stone. Eiher way you will continue to lose and if you are completing coming off plan for festive season you know you will address any gain afterwards. Have a great day and weekend in case I don't catch up until Monday. x

Kira said:
Morning Annie, you it may be possible to lose 12 possibly even 14 between now and wk 14 5 Dec if you have a 2lb a week loss? i know though it isn't that straight forward and you'll probably have the odd lb loss here and there as the body will try to hang on to the fat. Either way if you stick to it rightup until 5 Dec or right up to Christmas Eve you coud still lose near enough a stone. Eiher way you will continue to lose and if you are completing coming off plan for festive season you know you will address any gain afterwards. Have a great day and weekend in case I don't catch up until Monday. x

I'm thinking to slim n save til the 100 days n maybe have a mix then of carb free dining n slim n save until Christmas- I'm not a party animal but I know there gonna be meals out n stuff that ill be going to. Then after Christmas when the decorations come down the diet will resume :) until I'm at target and maintaining beyond.

I quite enjoy the bars and the meals- I can still limit my calorie intake/carb intake with control during the day from the packs and tea in the evening..... I spend hours before going to sleep planning these alternative realities!

Sounds good.

I can't imagine ever being anywhere near target just hoping to lose about 2.5 stone by the time my 12 weeks are up so will still need at least another 12 weeks on plan after that

That sounds like a good plan. That way you won't have a massive gain over the festive period either. I think I will be doing a very similar thing after my 100 SnS days. Though my plan is to have no carbs ( rice, pasta, bread type ones) until Christmas Day as I want roast potatoes with my turkey! And of course gravy! I suspect I may have tweak things but like you I have to plan alternatives in my he'd so I don't go off piste when in a social situation and it seemed to work when I was in London a couple of weeks go and last week ona dinner out I stuck to undressed salad with chicken!

Hamish's Mum said:
Sounds good.

I can't imagine ever being anywhere near target just hoping to lose about 2.5 stone by the time my 12 weeks are up so will still need at least another 12 weeks on plan after that

You'll get there promise :) but what you haven't thought about is how could you're going to look on the way down! When I started at 17 n half stone I thought I'd need to lose at least 5 stone before I'd feel 'ok' but to be honest- after a stone definitely two I just saw n felt such a difference that I enjoyed the whole journey!

It's taken me realistically three years to get my butt in gear and now 18months to get this close... But I still think of being ten stone four as an alternative reality!!

Kira said:
That sounds like a good plan. That way you won't have a massive gain over the festive period either. I think I will be doing a very similar thing after my 100 SnS days. Though my plan is to have no carbs ( rice, pasta, bread type ones) until Christmas Day as I want roast potatoes with my turkey! And of course gravy! I suspect I may have tweak things but like you I have to plan alternatives in my he'd so I don't go off piste when in a social situation and it seemed to work when I was in London a couple of weeks go and last week ona dinner out I stuck to undressed salad with chicken!

That's it- ill be on off a diet all my life in reality but as long as I keep my head in the game I can enjoy life a little now and then- mixed grills or chicken salads make for a good night out even fajitas without the wraps!

I think its all about making healthy choices as well as a few treats here and there.

You sound like you will do well when you maintain because you know you cant eat like you did before. That is something I am learning. At my largest 2 years ago I weighed 18 stone and squeezed into a size 22. I lost enough weight to get me to 16st 8lb and a size 20 and I have never ever gone past that again. I have lost the odd stone but because I was still fitting into my size 20's I didn't see the warningsigns when I would put that stone on again, but once my size 20's started to feel too tight I would get myself back in check and lose enough weight until they were comfortable again. When I lost my first 1.5 stone 18 months ago, I threw out all my size 22's and vowed I would never buy that size again. Now I am fitting comfortably into a size 18, my 20's will soon be passed onto the charity shop and I will never see that size again.

Hamish's Mum said:
I think its all about making healthy choices as well as a few treats here and there.

You sound like you will do well when you maintain because you know you cant eat like you did before. That is something I am learning. At my largest 2 years ago I weighed 18 stone and squeezed into a size 22. I lost enough weight to get me to 16st 8lb and a size 20 and I have never ever gone past that again. I have lost the odd stone but because I was still fitting into my size 20's I didn't see the warningsigns when I would put that stone on again, but once my size 20's started to feel too tight I would get myself back in check and lose enough weight until they were comfortable again. When I lost my first 1.5 stone 18 months ago, I threw out all my size 22's and vowed I would never buy that size again. Now I am fitting comfortably into a size 18, my 20's will soon be passed onto the charity shop and I will never see that size again.

I was a size 22- but I'd never admit it! I'd do most of my clothes shopping when I did the food shopping in asda- so that I could do it on my own! But who was I kidding as my husband knew and anyone who'd seen my bum! I tried diets all the time- I'd lies about a stone in six months and then I'd work out how long it would take to get to a sensible weight and get really depressed and give up. The greatest win on this Type of diet is the first three weeks where you can lose that first stone- I found it liberating! And really exciting and I needed the weightless to be quick enough to keep me motivated and here we are... I still can't believe how lucky I am :) without a friend of mine (a very skinny friend she is too) chatting about another friend who'd been doing lighter life and lost loads of weight I'd never be who I am today!
VLCD works for me - I'm glad I found it!

Day 53 :)

Morning! The builders are on the roof!! Pains in the butt!

Busy day tile shopping and laminate floor shopping and the son is having a sleepover :)

I need to order more food packs this week for the last 40 odd days or might order as close to forty as I can an keep going til the run out... That would feel like a significant ending to the diet... So may need to adjust date to like a 103 day diet! :):):)

Well Annie even with half around the corner looks like busy times between now and Christmas! I just worked out that I have a number of events not countng ones I have yet to be invited to to avoid food Halloween, Bonfire night, Diwali (Fesitvalof Lights Ilm Indian), Thanksigiving (hubbie is American) Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day New Year's Eve and New Year's day!! Have I missed anything inbetween?!!

Btw sneak daily weigh in and spot on 9st 7!! Mind you I still look fat and feel it. I just don't understand fat composition and where it deposits itself on people!!

Hello there, not popped in for a while but see you're still going great guns, I recently passed the halfway point myself and it feels good to know I'm the downward stretch. :)

Hey! Annie how are you doing? I am hoping you are just busy and hectic with the building work and still going strong on plan? Do keep us posted on how you are. x

Hello :) Hope all is well, miss reading your lovely diary

Where you go? Come back to us....

Back