SLIMFAST AUGUST CHALLANGE

OK....so I need advice BIG TIME! Yet again I put on.....4.5lbs this week! I`m giving new meaning to yo-yo dieter!
Mind you saying that I feel sooooo bloated again...
Where am I going wrong girls...HELP!<(head in hands in despair!)
Kim x

I`m 37...going on 90 today. When I`m not using Slim Fast I usually have oats and juice for brekkie.....salad with ham or cheese and yoghurt for lunch and usually meat and veg for tea...sounds about right but I don`t lose weight eating that either??

With Slim Fast I have a shake for brekkie, shake for lunch and meat and veg for tea with a couple of snacks during the day...usually yoghurt or crackers.....

God never thought of that....another problem I have is that I don`t like drinking water and have a real issue with it! Trying my best but about 2 glasses a day is the limit...any suggestions?
will the menopause make a difference?

The water is definetly an issue hun, i know its hard to drink it when your not fussy on it but try different ways, ice cold, room temp, hot, pretty glass, sports bottle etc.
My friend is 38 and we think she has started the change and its really not helping the weight issue, some weeks shes great but then sometimes the poor thing piles on the pounds even when she strictly sticks to her diet.

One more thing about the water, fill up a 2 litre bottle and make it your mission that day to drink it all, its suprising when its measured in a bottle, by drinking glass by glass how quickly the bottle emptys!

Maybe I should look in to the change thing...I don`t have periods so I can`t go by that.
I resolve to try harder starting tomorrow with the water problem...thanks for the chat and advice...lets just hope next week is better...
Kim x

no worries hun, its nice to have someone to chat to on this forum, it gets very quiet here

I am 12st 4 this week, woo hoo!!

Thank you Kim :)
Just read everything before my post - rubbish about your gain :( Are you exercising any more? Are you eating enough? I spoke to a personal trainer yesterday who said that even though I'm dieting I won't lose weight if I under eat as my body will start eating muscle which will in turn slow metabolism - this might be it? Are you eating at the right times, i.e. breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner? Maybe you could shake things up and have your main meal for breakfast when you're most likely to burn it off then have a shake or soup for dinner?
Everytime I've lost weight in the past I've plateaud (sp?), got lots of these little tips from the gym to try and stop it happening this time!xx

Kimbell,
Have you tried the volvic touch of fruit water? I find that really easy to drink, the strawberry one is my favourite! Plus I think lots of supermarkets do their own flavoured water too a bit cheaper. Have you been doing any weights or muscle building activities at all? This could maybe be the cause of a gain as muscle weighs more, coupled with water retention that could be it x It's so disheartening when your not loosing but stick with it and I'm sure you'll see some great results x

gymfiend,
fantastic loss, you must've worked so hard! congrats x

Thanks for all the advice girls..it`s great to know I`m not alone here!
I`ve drunk about a litre of water today...that`s brilliant for me..peeing all day!
can only really walk and swim as excercise as I have arthritis and this limits a bit.
i`ll definately try the flavoured water....have to try all the advice given...fingers crossed for next week!
Kim x
PS) Have a good week girls

Morning everyone. Well am back to work today after my two weeks off and unfortunately I have gained 2lb. I am not surprised though I have been really naughty. Oh well back to it.

Good luck everyone else.

FF

You will get there ladies, gaining weight sucks and will piss you off enough to lose it!

Good luck this week and just stick to your diets!

Only lost 1lb this week :( Gutted - I've eaten like a sparrow and been in the gym 6 of 7 days, why am I holding on to this flipping weight??? Aargh, I could understand if I was thin to start with but I still have so much to lose :mad:

gymfiend...don`t be disheartened...a pound is a pound....and you do a lot of gym work so you are probably toning up nicely and gaining muscle!
Me I lost 3and a half this week ...THANK GOD!...have to take one day at a time!
Kim x

Back