Slimfast Newb bloke questions

Coach Reid

Hi,

Wanted to give Slimfast a go despite losing 6 stone on SW I have a few newbie questions, I am fortunate enough to work opposite my gym so I Train twice a day in the week (Gym in the morning, Swim at lunch) and probably burning 1000+ calories, with that said.

1. Should I eat more than the 1200 on a week day?

2. I have 1 double shake in the morning and have my snacks combined for my lunch
, does anyone else do this? Is it a bad idea?

3. Any other tips for large blokes?

Thanks

Hi,

Wanted to give Slimfast a go despite losing 6 stone on SW I have a few newbie questions, I am fortunate enough to work opposite my gym so I Train twice a day in the week (Gym in the morning, Swim at lunch) and probably burning 1000+ calories, with that said.

1. Should I eat more than the 1200 on a week day?

2. I have 1 double shake in the morning and have my snacks combined for my lunch
, does anyone else do this? Is it a bad idea?

3. Any other tips for large blokes?

Thanks

Hi,

Firstly, a huge well done on losing 6 stone, that is fantastic!! You should be very pleased with yourself :) Secondly, 1200 calories for a man is very low on its own so to then take into account your exercise, I would definately say you need more and i think SF say 1600 for a man (on their site under 'does slimfast work , and its 1400 for women). I use a site called Foodfocus which calculates it all for me, maybe have a look. Im sure if you worked out what a typical day was with SW it would come to more than 1200 cals a day and you lost on that. May I ask why you want to try SF when SW worked for you, im curious? lol

With regards to combining shakes, snacks etc.....I guess it doesnt matter where you have them as long as you have what is recommended and it works for you hunnie. Wishing you all the best and looking forward to seeing how you get on :) x

Last edited:
Hi,

Firstly, a huge well done on losing 6 stone, that is fantastic!! You should be very pleased with yourself :) Secondly, 1200 calories for a man is very low on its own so to then take into account your exercise, I would definately say you need more and i think SF say 1600 for a man (on their site under 'does slimfast work , and its 1400 for women). I use a site called Foodfocus which calculates it all for me, maybe have a look. Im sure if you worked out what a typical day was with SW it would come to more than 1200 cals a day and you lost on that. May I ask why you want to try SF when SW worked for you, im curious? lol

With regards to combining shakes, snacks etc.....I guess it doesnt matter where you have them as long as you have what is recommended and it works for you hunnie. Wishing you all the best and looking forward to seeing how you get on :) x

Thanks for your reply.

The reason I have changed is fairly simple SW weight loss slowed right down... I know this typical but I just fancied a change and I am happy to report I have lost another stone in 3 weeks on SF (which included an easter weekend blow out).

On SW I found I was losing discipline and found it harder to say no to treats just because I was used to eating a lot on SW; for example today our boss inexplicably filled a spare desk in our office with Donuts (dont you hate when they do that?) and I have not touched one not even close. Yet on SW I would have caved and had one or half of one or probably more, I know it sounds silly but I just feeling I am starting again trying a new plan and it has given me that excitement back about losing weight and getting on the scales.

Back