slimmer of the week and month

This is quite an old thread. I agree with the above. I can call myself slimmer of the week every week and slimmer of the month every month. Then I win the contents of my fruit bowl. Which is usually some apples after my husband and daughter have eaten the good stuff

Good luck, Lickthelid. If it's any encouragement, from where I'm sitting, you're looking great. :)

At the end of the day if there is no greater incentive than some ropey old fruit from someone else's fruit bowl you are in this for the wrong reasons

no-one should be made to feel that others resent their achievements. Its a personal journey and the odd little pat on the back (sans back boobs) doesn't go amiss. I certainly wouldn't let it bother me if someone else were doing better, in fact I'd want to know what they were doing that I wasn't!! I'm a little bloody minded so I'd work even harder!

I won slimmer of the week for the first time last week and I always said I would like to win it once and at least have the sticker so now that I have done that then I'm happy to let someone else win and we do have the same person winning week in/week out and if you only knew the hard life this person has then she certainly deserves it.

My take though on slimmer week/month is if you never win it then you are consistent and have a better chance of keeping the weight off for life and also you tone up too. I heard that if you lose small amounts each week then your toning at the same time, it is only when you lose a lot of weight very fast that you will have a lot of flab and this makes sense to me.

For the last 8 weeks I have lost weight each week and I lost a total of 16Ibs (if I hadn't lost 5.5Ibs last Tuesday it would have been smaller) but I also do my inches and that seems to be going down as well as my weight

Back