Slimmer of the Week Answer

There have been a few questions about who qualifies for Slimmer of the Week recently, and some confusion, so I asked my sister who has been a SW consultant for 12 years and this is her reply:

Slimmer of the Week is awarded to the member who has lost the most weight this week provided they lost or maintained the previous week . . . So if they are new members, been on holiday, gained last week, etc., they don't qualify.

Hope that is helpful. The person who was told that it was based on percentages was misinformed.

Here is her answer:

The member who has lost the most weight in that month. A new member's weight loss is halved for the first week to make it fair for the whole group.

Hope that helps.

I think s/w need to rethink this sotw.

Now they are going all computerised it would be quite easy to do sotw based upon % loss over actual numbers.

That way the slimmer ladies who loose for example 1-2lbs stand the same chance of winning, as bigger ladies who loose 3-4lbs, if you get what I mean.

What do you think?

I did wonder about SOTW. I was hoping to aim for it this week, but since I gained last I know its not going to happen.

I agree Honey74, if someone is constantly losing 1-2lbs a week they are not going to get much chance to get SOTW are they. There will always be someone else who will lose 3, 4, 5 and even more lbs. However I did win SOTM for June which I was surprised about as I did have a couple of maintains :confused:

I did wonder about SOTW. I was hoping to aim for it this week, but since I gained last I know its not going to happen.

I agree Honey74, if someone is constantly losing 1-2lbs a week they are not going to get much chance to get SOTW are they. There will always be someone else who will lose 3, 4, 5 and even more lbs. However I did win SOTM for June which I was surprised about as I did have a couple of maintains :confused:

Well done on SOTM, you must be so proud of yourself.

I'm glad it's not just me who thinks like this. I was a little worried I might have upset people, which I had no intention of. :D

xxx

I think that % of body weight is probably a fairer system for both SOTW and SOTM. Gives everybody a fighting chance.

The percentage calculation is not one that could have been done before they brought in the computerised system - too complicated to sit and work it all out by hand in the time available.

Maybe when all classes have gone electronic (and there are still quite a few which haven't) SW might perhaps rethink this, as the computers could be programmed to do any calculation.

But the explanation I have been given is the way it has always worked, and until someone says differently, it will continue that way.

Babybuffy, it certainly is very strange. No-one I have spoken to has ever heard of it being done in the way you describe. But consultants have been known to do odd things!

maybe that person lost it over 2 weeks, or gained the week before? just a thought babybuffy!!! xxx

I'm utterly confused as to how it works:confused: as the lady who got it this week had gained last week but lost 3lbs this week. Yet there was a man who had also gained last week but lost 5 1/2lb this week.

I joined a SW group about 4 yrs ago and the SOTW there seemed to be whoever she decided she was best friends with that night. I was losing more than some of those who were given SOTW and it so disheartened me I left, and it has taken until now to join again.
I will let you know how it goes with my new group.

Back