Slimmers Envy!

MancBird

Always comes back to MMs!
I had a total meltdown last night! A girl that I know joined SW 2 weeks ago, and she has lost 9lbs in 2 weeks! She has 1.5 stone to lose, and is already quite slim, and will be there within weeks no doubt... and I feel so so far away... it really cut me up, expecially as I can't seem to get back on track recently...

Had a total sob and general feeling rubbish for about an hour, and then a strange thing happened... I felt angry, and motivated! I ended up kicking the sh*t out of my Davina dvd at 10pm, I just channelled all the feeling into punching the air, and I have to admit, I felt better!! I then decided to use the positivity to text the girl in question and ask her what she did this week to get her loss - and came away with some new ideas to try, and feeling much more positive.

So there's a lesson in how to turn negative jealousy into a positive!!

Here's to a good week xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

YOu a strong woman, I would have cried, punched the crap out of a pillow and ordered the chinese!

He he, well she said she made a big fruit salad on a Sunday night and then had a bowl of that before she ate anything 'not free' at mealtimes, did 2 green days a week and did all EE the rest, had cereal as her B every EE day and beans on toast for lunch on the green days (bread B). For syns, never over 12 for the day... ended up with a 6lb loss in a week! Lots of water of course. I'm going to cut my bread down this week and try a different B I think, shake things up and get moving!! xxxx

YOu a strong woman, I would have cried, punched the crap out of a pillow and ordered the chinese!
]

That was what I wanted to do!!!! I don't know where the competitive streak came from, but I'm going to go with it while it lasts lol xxxx

Well done for getting the positives out of the situation. I had something kinda similar at my last WI, not so much that there was someone with a huge loss but there were some new girls joining who were tiny, and I just felt massive and gross. I came home and had a bit of a moan to my OH, but he made a valid point.

The more we keep up with SW the closer we are to being one of those girls.

Maximum motivation - you're doing amazing so far, keep up and you'll be one who is slim :)

Good luck!

Emily

Thanks LLL, I keep thinking about what CP says on here, this is my journey, nobody elses, and its unique and special, totally different to anyone else's. Other people will come and go to and from SW, some will get to target and some won't, but I choose this as my way of life now, SW (and MMs) is like my family, and no one messes with my family, muah ha ha!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am totally envious of my bestie Helen at class - she is now a mere 3lbs heavier than me - and she started off being approx 3 stone heavier! She has done AMAZINGLY well and last night got her 6 stone award - which she has got since joining in December!!!

I get jealous - but i know Hels does work hard, exercise all the time and stick to plan so its clear to me, if i had done the same i would have lost a similar amount!!!! :D so i can only put the blame on myself!!!!

x

You may be the envious now but one day you will be the envied, trust me on that. Do not give up based on someone else.

That may well be water weight or something which jumps back on as soon as she has a glass of water. Slow but steady wins the race!

I am totally envious of my bestie Helen at class - she is now a mere 3lbs heavier than me - and she started off being approx 3 stone heavier! She has done AMAZINGLY well and last night got her 6 stone award - which she has got since joining in December!!!

I get jealous - but i know Hels does work hard, exercise all the time and stick to plan so its clear to me, if i had done the same i would have lost a similar amount!!!! :D so i can only put the blame on myself!!!!

x

Exactly EB, its easy to blame everything else isnt it?! I know if I had really, 100% given it a go the last couple of months, I could have had 3 stone off by now... grrrr!

Plus, I know this girl fairly well, and she hasnt really got anything positive going on in her life at the minute, she's been single for a while and its been getting her down, and obviously I've just gotten engaged and am planning a wedding, my OH says she is prob quite envious of that, and I should take it as a huge compliment that she has joined SW after seeing my loss so far. Hopefully this will give her a boost and turn things around for her, and she will feel a lot better too through SW.

Oh well, we live and learn, I'm learning something new every day at the minute!! xxxxxxxx

You may be the envious now but one day you will be the envied, trust me on that. Do not give up based on someone else.

That may well be water weight or something which jumps back on as soon as she has a glass of water. Slow but steady wins the race!

Thanks lovely xxxx

ps OMG, your pics are amazing, ladies check them out!!! Well done on your loss xx

It is SO hard not to do the comparison thing. Every week when I would announce my 'another 1lb' with utter joy, it was hard not to then get disheatened by all the "I've lost 5 this week" ones. BUT I've also been on the other side- despite my really slow losses, my sister has gained and lost the same few pounds since January so I know she looks at me and gets fed up- remember there is always someone somewhere doing worse than you- lol!!!!

You know my stock response to this- keep your journey at a pace that is reasonable and realistic for YOU. Well done for recognising the negative thoughts and turning them around- THAT is what inspires me, not someone who loses 9lb in 2 weeks

xxx

xxxx

Well done to you for breaking the negativity barrier - its all too easy for us to create excuses to binge out and let situations get us down. Well done for texting the girl too, she probably won't have such a good loss next time but at the rate you are going you are sure to. This really is a great little personal victory that all of us can learn from - and I love what the others have said about it being our journey, no one else's, really liked that and its so true. Who knows, your little motivational text to the girl could have stopped her in her tracks from having a celebratory blow-out.

Good for you for getting stuck into your Davina DVD, she's a bit too intense for me, am still nervous about dusting off all my interactive stuff, DVD's, wii fit etc (my wii has been in the shed since we moved 4 months ago!) but I will get there. Wow can't believe how much MM is really making me feel better woo hoo!

Thanks CP, the voice of reason as ever, I am working through these negative jealous feelings I get, I know I have lots to be proud of and thankful for xxxxxx

Well done to you for breaking the negativity barrier - its all too easy for us to create excuses to binge out and let situations get us down. Well done for texting the girl too, she probably won't have such a good loss next time but at the rate you are going you are sure to. This really is a great little personal victory that all of us can learn from - and I love what the others have said about it being our journey, no one else's, really liked that and its so true. Who knows, your little motivational text to the girl could have stopped her in her tracks from having a celebratory blow-out.

Good for you for getting stuck into your Davina DVD, she's a bit too intense for me, am still nervous about dusting off all my interactive stuff, DVD's, wii fit etc (my wii has been in the shed since we moved 4 months ago!) but I will get there. Wow can't believe how much MM is really making me feel better woo hoo!

Thank you Jo, I am learning so much about myself through SW and MMs, its like a little journey of self discovery!

One major misconception I am slowing changing is that us women (I can't speak for the fellas so apologies lads) are all competing against each other, for men/weight loss/jobs/respect/etc... we are all in this together, the support of people on here is my lifeline, I honestly couldnt do it without you lot, and I am trying to apply that to my real life friendships. I can't believe how much some of my own close friends and I have hurt each other through negative, jealous behaviour... but that is changing every day as I try to be a better friend and get better friendship in return! Oooh... very deep!!

I LOVE Davina's dvd, I dont follow her though, I follow the easier woman on her left! Ha ha!

xxxxxx

It is SO hard not to do the comparison thing. Every week when I would announce my 'another 1lb' with utter joy, it was hard not to then get disheatened by all the "I've lost 5 this week" ones. BUT I've also been on the other side- despite my really slow losses, my sister has gained and lost the same few pounds since January so I know she looks at me and gets fed up- remember there is always someone somewhere doing worse than you- lol!!!!

You know my stock response to this- keep your journey at a pace that is reasonable and realistic for YOU. Well done for recognising the negative thoughts and turning them around- THAT is what inspires me, not someone who loses 9lb in 2 weeks

xxx

xxxx

Hi, hope you don't mind but I just read your BodyOptimise story, how amazing, you speak so much sense could really see a lot of myself there, especially the excuses bit, loved what you said about 'no treat is worth the misery of being overweight', totally touched a nerve in me as you are right, nothing is worth that. Congratulations on how well you have done, you look fantastic :D

Hi, hope you don't mind but I just read your BodyOptimise story, how amazing, you speak so much sense could really see a lot of myself there, especially the excuses bit, loved what you said about 'no treat is worth the misery of being overweight', totally touched a nerve in me as you are right, nothing is worth that. Congratulations on how well you have done, you look fantastic :D
Thanks a million, mate- you just made my day!

Hope that it just shows that it really is possible with support and determination - you will be telling your own story very soon

xxxx

Back