slimmers with lots of stones to lose??

Hey can I join you guys? I have about 7.5st to lose, partly for the baby reason too, but mostly for being healthy. Its very daunting having such a large amount to lose and could do with other people who are in it for the long haul to help me stay motivated. Im pretty much re-starting tomorrow with a new exercise plan and hopefully more willpower than last time.

Hey can I join you guys? I have about 7.5st to lose, partly for the baby reason too, but mostly for being healthy. Its very daunting having such a large amount to lose and could do with other people who are in it for the long haul to help me stay motivated. Im pretty much re-starting tomorrow with a new exercise plan and hopefully more willpower than last time.

Welcome aboard :)
We can all help to keep eachother motivated - I could do with a kick up the ass sometimes! ;)

I feel like ive just been wasting time for the last 6 months and if I had applied myself properly to the plan I could have been at least half way by now, instead ive just lost and gained the same weight over and over again

I feel like ive just been wasting time for the last 6 months and if I had applied myself properly to the plan I could have been at least half way by now, instead ive just lost and gained the same weight over and over again

I feel like I've wasted the last 6 years by not recognising how big I was and doing something about it, instead I put another 6 stone on.

I know it's a different situation but I feel exactly the same!! If I had really looked in the mirror 6yrs ago I would probably be a target by now and being able to run around with my children, go swimming etc. I want to be able to take my children on rides when we go to Disneyland. We are going to Disneyland in July and I intend to be sat with the on Crush's Coaster, not stood at the exit waiting. I've always been terrified of being told the harness won't fit over me, or even worse, getting stuck!

I feel your pain, and the main point is you're here now and are doing the plan now! It's never too late xx

Ive actually had that happen to me when I was 18 on holiday with my mates, the bar wouldnt lock down and loads of people and my mates all stared as the man practically jumped on it to get it to lock, the most humiliating day of my life! Needless to say ive never been on a fair ride since

I feel like I've wasted the last 6 years by not recognising how big I was and doing something about it, instead I put another 6 stone on.

I know it's a different situation but I feel exactly the same!! If I had really looked in the mirror 6yrs ago I would probably be a target by now and being able to run around with my children, go swimming etc. I want to be able to take my children on rides when we go to Disneyland. We are going to Disneyland in July and I intend to be sat with the on Crush's Coaster, not stood at the exit waiting. I've always been terrified of being told the harness won't fit over me, or even worse, getting stuck!

I feel your pain, and the main point is you're here now and are doing the plan now! It's never too late xx

In my younger days i used to work at Cedar Point, a very large amusement park in the american mid west. The number of guests who would insist on you doing anything you can to force them into the harness was staggering. They've queued (or stood in line.. Queue isnt a commonly used word in that context in the US) for three hours, and they want to get in, by hook or crook. We would have two or three members of staff pushing their weight down on the harnesses (the ride was called Raptor, and the inspiration for the Oblivion ride at Alton Towers) to get them to click. There wasnt that many we couldnt actually squidge in. Of course, now people are even bigger. But these companies are businesses and fat seats are built into the design now. Fat people spend money also. I think i might be more embarrassed by going in the fat seat than being squeesed into a regular one.

It is so common now that at the entrance to the rides most places have sample seats to try out.

In my younger days i used to work at Cedar Point, a very large amusement park in the american mid west. The number of guests who would insist on you doing anything you can to force them into the harness was staggering. They've queued (or stood in line.. Queue isnt a commonly used word in that context in the US) for three hours, and they want to get in, by hook or crook. We would have two or three members of staff pushing their weight down on the harnesses (the ride was called Raptor, and the inspiration for the Oblivion ride at Alton Towers) to get them to click. There wasnt that many we couldnt actually squidge in. Of course, now people are even bigger. But these companies are businesses and fat seats are built into the design now. Fat people spend money also. I think i might be more embarrassed by going in the fat seat than being squeesed into a regular one.

It is so common now that at the entrance to the rides most places have sample seats to try out.

Oh my goodness!! That's shocking!!

I have heard of sample seats, but I wouldn't dare even try them!

Looking forward to being slim along with everyone else on this thread and not having to worry about whether I'll fit or not.

Hwya all thought I'd pop in and say hi :) I'm one of the ones with a tonne still to lose. I started this year at 25st7.5lbs, aiming for around the 11st mark. So far I've lost 2st9lbs, got my club 10 last week and just dropped into the 22's. Still a long way to go but I'm getting there:)

I felt like I had alot to lose when I first started. I think roughly It's about 5-6stone. I've lost 2 of it so far. :)

Welcome to our thread :)

Well done on your losses so far, don't they make you feel amazing!!? :)

I'm aiming for 10st so still got 9st 1.5lbs to go - I've given myself a loose 2-3yrs target to get it all off. Weigh in tonight...hoping to drop into the 18's.

Good luck to everyone!! xxx

Weigh in last night....3.5lbs off :)

Current weight: 18st 12lbs. Slowly but surely! Also got my half stone sticker, 5lbs to go and I'll get my 1stone sticker :)

Well done cherry x

Hwya all thought I'd pop in and say hi :) I'm one of the ones with a tonne still to lose. I started this year at 25st7.5lbs, aiming for around the 11st mark. So far I've lost 2st9lbs, got my club 10 last week and just dropped into the 22's. Still a long way to go but I'm getting there:)

A massive well done so far!

Weigh in again last night.... 1.5lbs off. Can't say I'm thrilled as would have like it to be more but at least it's a loss!

Told them I'll have 4lbs off by next week. Eeek!! What did I say that for???? :S

Can I join in please? :)

I've got lots to lose, I've set my first target at class at 13st 12lb, so 10 stone to lose. I've set loads of mini goals (written them all down in a book to tick off as I go!) to keep be going and I'd like to be 11st 12lb as my actual target, but one baby step at a time!

I'm not a great dieter, I really struggle to stay on the plan, I stick to the meals perfectly well, just not to the syns! lol! I joined SW a month ago and so far I've only lost 2lb so I'm guessing this is going to take me a few years, I'm not in a hurry, but I would like to get under the 20st mark asap.

Lovely to see everyone's excellent losses, it's inspirational. x

Welcome hun whats ur name? Dont want to call u hippo all the time x

Ive just restarted again today im now 18st5.5lb so about 8 stone to lose, im pretty much the same as u cant really stick to diets, I just cant help myself grabbing something naughty all the time, today im surrounded by left over cakes from yesterday's fundraiser we had at work, so tempting but resisted so far lol still time though haha I really need to do it properly this time as only 4 months til my wedding and id like at least 2 stone gone and maybe two dress sizes as im starting the shred when my sprained wrist is better

Lol, Hippo is fine, but my name is Jo. :)

How lovely, getting married soon, I loved planning my wedding, I keep telling my husband I want a divorce so we can get married again, lol, is it all going smoothly so far? Half a stone a month is a very achievable 1-2lb a week (or so I'm told, I've been 'dieting' on and off for the last 2 years and so far only managed to actually gain weight!!!).

Ouch, how did you do the wrist?

I've got a little holiday at the end of August so my first target is for then too, I would like to lose 2-3st, but what I'd like and what will happen may be two very different things! :) Really, I just want to be lighter than this. x

Yea everything is going smoothly atm but theres still time lol

Lol its like ur writing from my mind, ive been on sw since august and ive gained 4.5lb since then lol I usually start well then go off track

Im not sure what ive done must have just knocked it on something but it hurts when I pick things up and turn my hand etc.. Not sure if its actually sprained im reluctant to go to hospital until I know for sure its not just a passing pain lol

Hmmmm. SW was the best thing I ever did.

If you are gaining then I could take a look at your food diaries for you to give you a second opinion? X

Back