slimmers with lots of stones to lose??

Haha I keep forgetting to do a diary probably part the reason I go off track easily as im not holding myself accountable for syns, im doing it properly this time, im more determined! We will help keep each other on track jo, we will lose weight! X

Hmmmm. SW was the best thing I ever did.

If you are gaining then I could take a look at your food diaries for you to give you a second opinion? X

Roziee, that's very kind, but I know that it's the volume of crisps and chocolate (that I'm pretending not to have) that is the reason I'm not losing weight! I've joined SW and WW about ten times over the last 2-3 years, I join full of determination, then leave by week 3 every time, virtually without fail.

I know SW is fab and I've lost lots doing it before, so I'm not knocking the plan, just my ability to actually stick to it! lol!

But that's changing, I'm doing it this time, I want a shiny sticker! :) x

Yay! Determination! I'm similar I lost a stone last year and put back on, can take me months to get back to eating properly again, on plan I mean, often the first day is the hardest, once that one is in the bag I feel a bit more in control. What I have done before is write out what I'm going to eat for the day, including treats synned and eek it out through day, knowing if I'm hungry there are options you can have. GO FOR IT tomorrow xx

I lost 1.5 lbs this week.. Lost 20 lbs in 11 weeks so I'm happy with that. Slowing down slightly but I'm still losing so I'm happy. My aim is 2 lbs a week so it's there abouts...

Haha I keep forgetting to do a diary probably part the reason I go off track easily as im not holding myself accountable for syns, im doing it properly this time, im more determined! We will help keep each other on track jo, we will lose weight! X

You're right, we will get there this time!!! :) x

Roziee said:
I lost 1.5 lbs this week.. Lost 20 lbs in 11 weeks so I'm happy with that. Slowing down slightly but I'm still losing so I'm happy. My aim is 2 lbs a week so it's there abouts...

That's what I'm aiming for too :)

Can I join in please? :)

I've got lots to lose, I've set my first target at class at 13st 12lb, so 10 stone to lose. I've set loads of mini goals (written them all down in a book to tick off as I go!) to keep be going and I'd like to be 11st 12lb as my actual target, but one baby step at a time!

I'm not a great dieter, I really struggle to stay on the plan, I stick to the meals perfectly well, just not to the syns! lol! I joined SW a month ago and so far I've only lost 2lb so I'm guessing this is going to take me a few years, I'm not in a hurry, but I would like to get under the 20st mark asap.

Lovely to see everyone's excellent losses, it's inspirational. x

Don't let slow losses get you down, just keep trying...you won't fail unless you give up. I've been on slimming world since the end of January and I started at 22st exactly. I'm happy to say that I've just this week gotten under 20st and gotten my 2st award and club 10. I'm pretty awful at diets, I've tried pretty much all of them and this is my second time on slimming world, but somehow my mentality is all different this time round. I'm trying not to count how many stones to go, because that scared me into giving up last time. Good luck x

S7.jpg
S14.jpg
S21.jpg
S28.jpg
Som_April.jpg
Club10.jpg

Don't let slow losses get you down, just keep trying...you won't fail unless you give up. I've been on slimming world since the end of January and I started at 22st exactly. I'm happy to say that I've just this week gotten under 20st and gotten my 2st award and club 10. I'm pretty awful at diets, I've tried pretty much all of them and this is my second time on slimming world, but somehow my mentality is all different this time round. I'm trying not to count how many stones to go, because that scared me into giving up last time. Good luck x

S7.jpg
S14.jpg
S21.jpg
S28.jpg
Som_April.jpg
Club10.jpg

Wow, well done getting under the 20, and your 10% (That also means two shiny stickers :)) you must feel fab.

I think it is all about having the right mentality, last time I lost weight I had the right attitude, I was looking for what I could have on SW, whereas when I'm not in the right frame of mind, I get depressed about what I can't have! I've found myself going through the little branded food book a few times this week, looking for ideas on what to buy, hopefully that's a good sign. :) Thanks. xxxx

Wow, well done getting under the 20, and your 10% (That also means two shiny stickers :)) you must feel fab.

I think it is all about having the right mentality, last time I lost weight I had the right attitude, I was looking for what I could have on SW, whereas when I'm not in the right frame of mind, I get depressed about what I can't have! I've found myself going through the little branded food book a few times this week, looking for ideas on what to buy, hopefully that's a good sign. :) Thanks. xxxx

Yup, I feel great! I'm very lucky on sw, I really enjoy a lot of the free food, and I have to say, my actifry made a world of difference (can't make sw chips).

S7.jpg
S14.jpg
S21.jpg
S28.jpg
Som_April.jpg
Club10.jpg

Welcome to all newcomers :)

It was my weigh in last night...another 3.5lbs off so I have my stone sticker! And I got slimmer of the week too. It was only my 4th weigh this week, not expecting to lose a stone every 4 weeks! That's crazy talk ;)

It's such a nice feeling all my clothes are getting baggy :) xx

Current weight: 18st 7lbs.
Weight loss with sw: 1st
Weight loss since 19th feb: 31lbs

I can't update my side info as I'm on the app now due to broken laptop :(

Well done, you have done really well x

I've started back on Slimming World after a couple of years. I'm loving the changes. EE is brilliant (she says after doing it for 2 days!)
I used to lose the weight relatively easy but the older I get the more difficult it is to shift (and I've got some shifting to do!) I know my downfall is exercise. I work at a desk and my bus home takes me within 3 houses of home. I have a cunning plan though! I have a choice of 2 other buses from work. These will take me within a mile of home. My goal is to walk home every night (not if it's raining.... I might melt!) I'm setting a goal of 3 times a week for now (a week is 1 weigh-in to another) In fact I've got a few 1 mile routes set up around my home in case I'm knackered one night and I need to catch up over the weekend.
I joined last Thursday and did my first walk on Friday....25 mins it took and I hurt!
No pain, no gain. Right?
My daughter has also joined so we are going to support each other.
Lets see how it goes

Hi folks, I am new to slimming world just joined last Wed and so far I am LOVING extra easy. I've really went for it 100% religiously recording in my food diary, measuring my milk and adding veg/salads to EVERY SINGLE thing I eat lol. SW chili with rice? served on a bed of salad. cooked veg on the side of dinners I would not "normally" have it, but it's all about the superfree food :D

I have a lot of weight to lose to get back to a healthy range - weighed in at 19st 9.5lbs. I've acknowledged and accepted my huge challenge but I am not focusing on losing 9st 9.5lbs because that is TERRIFYING in week 1 lol. So, my first goal is: give it 100% week 1 and aim for 1/2 stone award within 4 weeks. Then, half stone at a time.

Until I'm a month or two in then I can work out average losses and maybe set interim targets/challenges for me. Good thing is, I've been increasing my exercise for a few months now so it's not trying to do it all at once.

Good luck everyone and thank you to all the members sharing their weight losses - some of them are OUT OF THIS WORLD!!!

Welcome both of u x glad u are enjoying the plan, I dont think id do very well without ee lol

Hi folks, I am new to slimming world just joined last Wed and so far I am LOVING extra easy. I've really went for it 100% religiously recording in my food diary, measuring my milk and adding veg/salads to EVERY SINGLE thing I eat lol. SW chili with rice? served on a bed of salad. cooked veg on the side of dinners I would not "normally" have it, but it's all about the superfree food :D

I have a lot of weight to lose to get back to a healthy range - weighed in at 19st 9.5lbs. I've acknowledged and accepted my huge challenge but I am not focusing on losing 9st 9.5lbs because that is TERRIFYING in week 1 lol. So, my first goal is: give it 100% week 1 and aim for 1/2 stone award within 4 weeks. Then, half stone at a time.

Until I'm a month or two in then I can work out average losses and maybe set interim targets/challenges for me. Good thing is, I've been increasing my exercise for a few months now so it's not trying to do it all at once.

Good luck everyone and thank you to all the members sharing their weight losses - some of them are OUT OF THIS WORLD!!!

Some people's bodies react differently to diets, but if you have kept religiously to it for your first week, you might be surprised just how close you get to that half stone award today!!

Let us all know.

Great attitude! Good luck with ur weigh in and let us know how you get on! X

S7.jpg
S14.jpg
S21.jpg
S28.jpg
Som_April.jpg
Club10.jpg

Thank you soooo much!

And yes, I had my first weigh in on Wed just past... SIX POUNDS OFF!!! I couldn't believe it! Honestly was (still am) in shock. When I look at the sheer variety and amount of food I've eaten since 8th May and to lose 6 pounds. Unbelievable!

Displaying will power I didn't know I had - was on a training day and a girl at work is THE best baker EVER and she brought in home made brownies and tiffin. they were sat infront of me for SIX HOURS and I didn't have a crumb. That was Thursday the day after my 6lb came off and d'ya know what? I didn't really want them; I sat with fresh cherries and pineapple instead because I am excited for next Wed's group and I want my 1/2 stone sticker more than cake.

Never thought I would be saying that :)

Thank you soooo much!

And yes, I had my first weigh in on Wed just past... SIX POUNDS OFF!!! I couldn't believe it! Honestly was (still am) in shock. When I look at the sheer variety and amount of food I've eaten since 8th May and to lose 6 pounds. Unbelievable!

Displaying will power I didn't know I had - was on a training day and a girl at work is THE best baker EVER and she brought in home made brownies and tiffin. they were sat infront of me for SIX HOURS and I didn't have a crumb. That was Thursday the day after my 6lb came off and d'ya know what? I didn't really want them; I sat with fresh cherries and pineapple instead because I am excited for next Wed's group and I want my 1/2 stone sticker more than cake.

Brilliant!! Really well done, it's fantastic when u get a loss like that, isn't it? Keep it up!

S7.jpg
S14.jpg
S21.jpg
S28.jpg
Som_April.jpg
Club10.jpg

Thank you soooo much!

Well done. It's now all in your hands. You can control who you are and who you want to be. I was a similar bmi to you when i started a year gone march. Im now nine stone lighter, and all i did was follow the plan.

Back